Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Spring 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005
sec17 said:
Where is [my team's prospect]? He's way better than [another team's prospect]! This list is a joke.

;)

Good idea coming up with the official form. I'll give it a start:

Where is [Mikko Koivu]? He's way better than [Roman Voloshenko]! This list is a joke.

:sarcasm:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As always, thanks to everyone who put the list together. Thanks! I for one appreciate the work involved.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
i dunno... after what pogge did in the wjc and the season hes having this year he doesnt even make the list?

AND carey price couldnt even make team canada yet hes there :shakehead

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
clefty said:
Ryan Whitney drops again for some reason. Unless he's in the top 25, which I doubt.

I can't believe he isn't at least in the honorable mentions/just missed the cut list again. I wonder if he stayed in the AHL and kept up his ridiculous scoring pace he would have gotten recognition. Worked for Jiri Hudler.
Oh no, he'll be in the top 25. The article says the Penguins have 3 prospects on the list and that Fleury's graduated.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Kardi said:
i dunno... after what pogge did in the wjc and the season hes having this year he doesnt even make the list?

AND carey price couldnt even make team canada yet hes there :shakehead
Price has way more potential then Pogge, and well well, Rask didn't make the list either...

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Appreciate the effort to put the list together. I only have one issue. Guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, Phaneuf, etc(basically all the top rookie scorers) are easily going to play more than 65 games this season, thus making them ineligible by HF's criteria. I'd have 'disqualified' the guys who are obviously going to graduate very soon. but thats just me.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think Kopitar's a bit low, but I still appreciate all the effort put in to make this article. Thanks HF staff!

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Marcel the great! said:
Price has way more potential then Pogge, and well well, Rask didn't make the list either...

I wouldn't try getting down on Rask, he's wiping the floor with Price this season.

2.11 GAA and .928 SP against men >>>>>> 2.88 GAA and .907 SP against boys

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Brock said:
Solid list so far.

Everyone has their own opinion, for example I'd have Shea Weber much higher. But the list is a solid read and there is nothing that made me go :dunno:

Yeah, I would have Weber higher than 50th (wasn’t he top 5 on THN’s issue?) Most other scouting services tend to agree, but I'm not worried. Klein and Upshall both missed the cut. I can see Klein missing it. However, I like his chances better than most in the NHL. From what I have observed, he looks like a no. 3 to 4 defensemen with solid two way skills, decent size, and decent hitting ability. The only player that probably could have sneaked onto this list again is Scottie Upshall who has bounced back from injury plagued seasons to dominate in the AHL, and contribute very well at the NHL level. If Nashville’s wings were not so stacked, he would have made the team out of camp. All that being said, I am not upset with the list, especially with all the flashy prospects from the past draft still sneaking in. People have to realize that these lists are highly subjective and very little separates the no. 30 guy from the no. 50 guy.....or the 45 guy from the 65 guy....

Anyways as a Predator fan, I like our prospect pool. Parent, Klein, Weber, and Suter should all be locks on the blue line in the future, with Laakso tearing it up as well. Lesser rear guards such as Franson, Kulyash (having back-to-back terrific seasons in Russia), Sulzer, Todd, and Stehlik.....really have me salivating. It is a wonder to me that some of these guys have not been moved in a deal to acquire a center prospect/roster player because it is the one true weakness of our system having only Setzinger and Shafigulin (both of which may not come over.)

Upshall, Glazachev, and Radulov on the wings, with Lassila, Rinne, and Finley in goal complete a very good prospect pool. We may only get Suter in the top 25 on HF, but IMO, Upshall has taken the next step as a player since December......and Weber has looked extremely good at the NHL level, already at 20. :)

I'm pleased.

/end praise of home team prospects.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
A hint on Lundqvist

With one Ranger goaltender in the Top 10 of this list already starting in New York, there might not be much room for Montoya moving up the ladder of the Rangers system.

Aha..!

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
FLYLine88 said:
Dunno why he's on the list. It saids it goes by their prospect criteria. Unless im not understanding it?

You will notice that part of the criteria is:

3. European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Kronwall is in his third season after signing his contract.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Chaos said:
Appreciate the effort to put the list together. I only have one issue. Guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, Phaneuf, etc(basically all the top rookie scorers) are easily going to play more than 65 games this season, thus making them ineligible by HF's criteria. I'd have 'disqualified' the guys who are obviously going to graduate very soon. but thats just me.

We tried that before. It was just plain messy. Never again. Look at it as a snapshot as of the day of the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad