Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Spring 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
Nice!

Just a quick glance through, I notice Lauri Tukonen's drop.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Boyes is still eligible? Wow.

Nice to see the Rangers well represented, anxious to see where Prucha will be ranked. :yo:

Is Lundqvist too old to be eligible?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Rangers_23 said:
Boyes is still eligible? Wow.

Nice to see the Rangers well represented, anxious to see where Prucha will be ranked. :yo:

Is Lundqvist too old to be eligible?

Nope, he's 23, cutoff is 24.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think my Ducks guys (we've got the joint second most with three) will be Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan. All in the top 25 I may add. Again there is no love for Smid...

MightyPleky*

Kewl.
Perezhogin 34 and Price 47.

Not kewl : Kostitsyn not on top 50 :eek:

I thought he was going to be around 40-45.. :dunno:

And did Higgins, Plekanec still eligible ? I dont think neither of them will be in top 25 but just for informations..

Pretty good list, pretty good work

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Ryan Whitney drops again for some reason. Unless he's in the top 25, which I doubt.

I can't believe he isn't at least in the honorable mentions/just missed the cut list again. I wonder if he stayed in the AHL and kept up his ridiculous scoring pace he would have gotten recognition. Worked for Jiri Hudler.

Roger's Pancreas*

Burger got edged out, weak.

No biggie though, I can't say that I'm not biased.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Crosby and Ovechkin still count as prospects? That seems a bit specious...

Still, I liked the list. Well, this half.

One dispute - Anze Kopitar is not "the complete package". Don't get me wrong - he's a great, great amazing prospect, but he is soft, and slow.

Roy G Biv*

SensGuy said:
Hope this means Eaves and Meszaros are in the Top 25. I didn't see Kaigorodov listed, but I don't expect him in the Top 25, but you never know.

Agreed. I am guessing Mez will be 16, and Eaves will be 22.

Good to see your avatar again! I used to just gaze at it for hours...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
good to see Ladd hanging in there at #31. Does this meen Ward and Johnson in the top 25 (I'd figure that Johnson will be around #5 accually) :yo:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Keith Ballard not being on the list is a complete joke. How many other guys on that list are the best player at their position on their NHL team. Not fifty. I usually try not to be a homer, and I understand that Phoenix deservedly never gets any respect, but Ballard's absence makes this entire list laughable for me.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Matt Carle definitely should have made it. Looks like the list shows a bias towards CHL players. I would have put Greiss there as well. Bernier is like many other prospects, and it is just a tossup, so I am not surprised he did not make the list.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
komisakick *** said:
Weber is 4th in the Future Watch and 49 in HF top50 :dunno:

This is why I don't understand people who get so bent out of shape over these kinds of rankings. Rankings are just opinions, whether it be one person's or a panel's. I think Weber should be higher in this poll too. To the people who cry over their team's prospects not being as high as they want them, who cares? If things turn out the way you think, you'll have the last laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad