Hockey's Future Spring 2006 Organizational Rankings (16-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

GregStack said:
So low? DIdn't you just draft 9th? :dunno:

Im sure 1 pick does not vault the Sens in top 15th status. What about all the previous seasons.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Fuhr86 said:
Im sure 1 pick does not vault the Sens in top 15th status. What about all the previous seasons.

1 pick could certainly make the difference between 15th and 14th though couldn't it?

It's not like you're first in org rankings.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
With all of the graduations to the Pens this year I wonder how far, if any, the Pens will drop. Three of our top seven have been with the Pens for a good part of this year, Whitney, Ouellet, and Armstrong. I am not at all certain that we will retain that number one ranking.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Marshall said:
Tampa fans must not have seen this list yet. It's coming, no worries.
It's really not worth commenting on. Criticism is not welcomed, all it gets you is laughed at by condescending staff members. :dunno: We know why we're ranked last, and it's not going to change any time soon.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
George Bachul said:
*faints* ----what kind of list is this when no one hates it? :D
Im sure people have problems with it, but maybe they've finally realized that *****ing and moaning about it wont do any good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Avs higher than the Kings, Lightning, Flyers and Canucks? Please...

mooseOAK*

I guess that goaltending isn't considered to be an important position around these parts.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
mooseOAK said:
I guess that goaltending isn't considered to be an important position around these parts.
I hope you are not complaining about Toronto's ranking. Last I checked you can only have one goaltender in the net at a time.

The Fuhr*

go kim johnsson 514 said:
The Avs higher than the Kings, Lightning, Flyers and Canucks? Please...

The Avs have Wolski who is better then anyone the Kings, Lightning, Flyers and Canucks have in there system. Thats the only case I could make for it. The Kings,Flyers and Canucks definitly have more depth then the Avs in terms of really good prospects. Wolski is awsome though

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fuhr86 said:
The Avs have Wolski who is better then anyone the Kings, Lightning, Flyers and Canucks have in there system. Thats the only case I could make for it. The Kings,Flyers and Canucks definitly have more depth then the Avs in terms of really good prospects. Wolski is awsome though

Wolski is horribly overrated at these boards. St. Lacroix could have drafted me and I would be a highly regarded prospect

The Fuhr*

Wolski is horribly overrated at these boards. St. Lacroix could have drafted me and I would be a highly regarded prospect

You cant be serious.

Wolski 56 games 47G 128 points 3 time player of the month in the OHL

He carried that team. I guess when hes named the OHL MVP the league will be overrating him.

Wolski even produced 6 points in 9 NHL games.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Fuhr86 said:
You cant be serious.

He carried that team. I guess when hes named the OHL MVP the league will be overrating him.

Go kim just has a hate on for the Avs.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Good rankings. Its nice not to see the knee-jerk reactions for once.

So I'm going to go against my usual type of post defending the tough job it is to rank them and criticise it. :)

I dont understand how Toronto is ranked 5 places higher than Phoenix. Both have been rightly criticized for their forward depth. Phoenix looks deeper and has more top end talent but seems to have been dropped more for this. Obviously I know a lot more about Phoenix so perhaps its an error of judgement on my part.

But it seems to me that Hanzal, Wheeler, Lisin is a nicer group than Suglobov (how old is this guy now?) and Earl who is more on the level of Porter, Winnik or Latendresse, guys Phoenix has plenty of. On defense Toronto has one of my favorites in Colaiacovo and Ian White is off to a good start but not much else, Phoenix has Stephenson, Yandle, Spiller and Jones, four likely NHLers. Then in goal, Toronto has two good prospects but Phoenix has one of their own too. Rask and Pogge vs LeNeveu. Hmm.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Marshall said:
Tampa fans must not have seen this list yet. It's coming, no worries.

Actually most have. We just don't get caught up in it and complain about the lists like other fanbases. We just look at Paul Ranger and Ryan Craig who are becoming solid NHL players and have had an impact on the big club to justify our prospects. When the Lightning were rated high during the Dudley years, they turned out to be the worst drafts in the Lightning's history. The bad rankings the Lightning have had lately are producing better NHL players than the highly rated ones the Lightning used to have when Dudley was doing the drafting.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Fuhr86 said:
Despite drafting so low the Sens are in the top 15. :p:
Bah! 1st pick in the last five drafts for the Wings, 62nd, 58th, 64th, 97th (used on an overage grinder), and 19th.

:bow: Hakan Andersson, Jim Nill, and Ken Holland. :handclap:

The Fuhr*

norrisnick said:
Bah! 1st pick in the last five drafts for the Wings, 62nd, 58th, 64th, 97th (used on an overage grinder), and 19th.

:bow: Hakan Andersson, Jim Nill, and Ken Holland. :handclap:

The Wings are awsome. :clap:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Fuhr86 said:
You cant be serious.

SNAP!!!

Randall Graves*

I have never seen the avs system highly rated, yet all they do is produce players.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Like Liles, Svatos, Richardson, McCormick etc

Somehow our team produces players most people dont think will be good. I remember Liles once being ranked 5.0. People shouldnt get too mad about these rankings. They are just rankings and that doesnt mean that how teams are ranked = thats how the players will turn out.

I bet nobody thought that TB would have Craig and Ranger in their regular line-up this season.

The Fuhr*

PecaFan said:
Ok, I'll complain.

How the hell are my 'Nucks not #30?

Bourdon: Top Defensive Prospect
Schnider: Future Number 1 goalie
Edler: Dominating the WHL
Kolltsov: Possible PPQB
Bieska: Number 4 upside. Will be on Nucks bottom pair next season

They have enough talent not to be 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.