HockeyRulez's GM Game #2 Main Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Hahahahahaha. This utter dissection of my team is hilarious. Never claimed to be the best, I just wanted everyone to know that I switched up my team, and I believe it is for the better. We're finally in a playoff position, which is nice, and we hope to move up the standings as time goes on

Also, for those questioning how I have the money for these moves, first, I am still 4.157 below the cap. Second, cash moves everything around me, C.R.E.A.M get the money, dollar dollar bill YALL

EDIT: Also note how I didn't sell my future away. In fact, you could make the argument I potentially bolstered my future, since I acquired many picks and a few good prospects along the way. Goes to show how far a vision can go.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
major announcement coming out of long island

25lizo.xlarge1.jpg

wang displaying his plans for the new arena

nassau county, ny- today, in a dramatic turn of events new york islanders owner charles wang announced a giant leap forward for the new york islanders organization. The penny-pinching owner announced today that he won $1 billion dollars on a $1 scratch off that he bought in a local 7/11. In today's impromptu press conference, he stated how he was able to pay off nassau county politicians under the table and how he was now given the get-go to build his original "masterpiece", the lighthouse project. "it really is long island politics at its best" said the cap-minimum clinging owner with a chuckle. The coliseum will be transformed into a state-of-the-art arena providing a premier entertainment experience. With additional and expanded concourses, all new restrooms, vip suites, larger seats, and first class concessions and restaurants, the arena will comfortably accommodate 17,500 for hockey, 18,500 for basketball and 20,000 fans for concerts. We are now open for questions.

Roflmao, I'm seriously losing it here.

PaulSedin

#lydia2012
Jun 29, 2011
trade

to Ottawa Kiprusoff + 2013 3rd

to Calgary Lehner + 2013 1st from col

we are very happy that we have acquired Lehner he is a future top 5 goalie in the NHL
and he will play behind a great d in the future.

Evgeni Giroux

May 7, 2011
:sabres

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek ($7.142m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.300) / Jason Pominville ($5.300m)
Tyler Ennis ($0.875m) / Luke Adam ($0.875m) / Drew Stafford ($4.000m)
Chris Neil ($2.000m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.600m) / Brad Boyes ($4.000m)
Nathan Gerbe ($1.433m) / Paul Gaustad ($2.300m) / Patrick Kaleta ($0.907m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mike Weber ($950k) / Tyler Myers ($5.500m)
Robyn Regehr ($4.020m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000m)
Brayden McNabb ($0.900m) / Andrej Sekera ($2.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Jhonas Enroth ($0.675m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,848,690; BONUSES: $297,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $5,451,310

Last edited:

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

While I am almost done making moves since I have put together my vision for this team, I still could be looking for an upgrade in my defence, so, if you think your player could be improvement to my top 4 (Josi - Klein are set as my bottom pairing), then message me. I have an insane amount of picks, outlined in my roster post.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
The Hawks have sign Ryan Sutter to a 5 year 7 million dollar per with a full nmc and ntc
we are extremly happy to sign a big piece of our team long term.

Keith-Sutter
Seabrock-Leddy
Sean Odeanl(sp.)-Montado

toews trade coming soon will make our d better

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Brunette-Toews-Stahlberg
Hossa-Sharp-Shaw
Hornqvist-Bollan-Hayes
Carcillo-Mayers-Frolik

Crawford
Emery

we feel after the toews deal we will be looking for 1 more top 6winger
leddy will be on the table but it will have to be a younger winger
or montador for a veteran winger

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
:wings Dan Cleary on the block. Top-6 winger being held back by our depth. Lots of leadership and playoff experience. PM me, looking for a gritty penalty killer

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

^ And thus the battle for the Central has begun. Glad to be in the best division in the league (HM to the Atlantic)

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
trade

to Ottawa Kiprusoff + 2013 3rd

to Calgary Lehner + 2013 1st from col

we are very happy that we have acquired Lehner he is a future top 5 goalie in the NHL
and he will play behind a great d in the future.

Ottawa is making the worst trades.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Oh my god I forgot this whole time that we're in the same division...don't count Chicago out either.

yeah chicago imo is a favorite as well im biased but they have a sick d and still solid forwards

looking for a reliable goalie + top 6 wingers
toews sweepstakes still goin on send offers in

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

yeah chicago imo is a favorite as well im biased but they have a sick d and still solid forwards

looking for a reliable goalie + top 6 wingers
toews sweepstakes still goin on send offers in

Oh my god I forgot this whole time that we're in the same division...don't count Chicago out either.

When I did the arrow, I was also pointing to the Hawks. 3 cup contenders in the same division! Possibly 4 with the Blues.

It. Is. On. :sarcasm: (Also, the Atlantic is one tough son of a ***** too)

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
:ducks

Beauchemin, Koivu, Visnovsky are all still available and could be great additions to a contending team.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the cup will go to the Central or Atlantic Division.:snide:

For reference, the Predators are 4th in the central. 4th. That should tell you how sick the Central is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad