Post-Game Talk: Hockey ruined by about 5 people for about 3000000 people.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The tying goal where 4 Oilers stood around like morons and were put skated and outwitted by 2 Pens PKers. And again it’s 2 goals against, how this loss falls on Koskos shoulders when the Oilers can’t even put up more than 1 goal is ridiculous.
Lol, you're hilarious. Regardless of what happened behind the net, that shot should have been easier to stop than a dump in and you know it. A tight game and our goalie needed to outplay their goalie. And theirs outplayed ours by a large margin. McDavid was allowed to walk in unmolested a couple times and Murray stoned him. Guess you could say the Pens players on the ice at that time were morons too. Give it a rest.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Talbot has shown to be better for a longer stretch than Koskinen. I mean Talbot's gone so it is what it is... But Koskinen has completely wilted the past two months.

He's also shown to be way, way worse for longer. 16-17 was an outlier for him.

Either way, neither of them are the answer. The saddest part for me is that the only constant for the Oilers goalies has been bad goalie coaches...I don't think it matters how good Starrett is doing in Bakersfield, I'm sure Schwartz will ruin him as soon as he gets called up

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol that first goal was not NHL goaltending. The Pens didn't even try to win the game in the third. They had it won.

But as always it's everyone else's fault when Koskinen gets scored on. The second goal wasn't his fault. The first one he should've stopped. He stops that one and the Oilers probably get a point if not two. He was also out of position on a few other chances that the Oilers bailed him out on.

TWO. GOALS. AGAINST.

All that needs to be said to show how ridiculous your blame of Kosko is. I guess in your world of perfect goaltenders, anything short of a shutout is time to play the blame game on the goalie.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol, you're hilarious. Regardless of what happened behind the net, that shot should have been easier to stop than a dump in and you know it. A tight game and our goalie needed to outplay their goalie. And theirs outplayed ours by a large margin. McDavid was allowed to walk in unmolested a couple times and Murray stoned him. Guess you could say the Pens players on the ice at that time were morons too. Give it a rest.

Murray is a good to great goalie. Probably did outplay Kosko, but when you consider that none of our forwards did anything except the first line it’s hard to make that argument. In any case, one great Stanley cup winning goalie outplaying Kosko, does not mean Kosko is a bad goalie or hurting the team. 2 goals against is par for the course for most every goalie in the league, and goalies with much better defences than the Oilers have.

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
TWO. GOALS. AGAINST.

All that needs to be said to show how ridiculous your blame of Kosko is. I guess in your world of perfect goaltenders, anything short of a shutout is time to play the blame game on the goalie.
It was still a bad goal. He can’t give that up. If it was Talbot that lost the game you’d have nailed him to the cross.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Murray is a good to great goalie. Probably did outplay Kosko, but when you consider that none of our forwards did anything except the first line it’s hard to make that argument. In any case, one great Stanley cup winning goalie outplaying Kosko, does not mean Kosko is a bad goalie or hurting the team. 2 goals against is par for the course for most every goalie in the league, and goalies with much better defences than the Oilers have.
When you are in a tight game, against one of the best money goalies in the league, you can't blink. This isn't about save % in this particular game. It's about making all the saves you need to make, and maybe a couple you shouldn't be expected to make. Regardless of your team making some mistakes (the Penguins made plenty of them, probably more than us, given the disparity in shots on net, and the extra quality chances we had by our stars), letting in a weak goal is a killer, and can bring an underperforming team (the Penguins in this case) back into the fray, and also has the flipside of deflating the other team. Right after that goal went in, the Pens ramped things up. Until that time, Koski was making the saves he needed to make, and the Oilers had control of the game. But with this team being so fragile, and without any secondary scoring, their goalies have to be airtight in games like this one. I didn't think Koski had to make any 10 bell saves in the game, to be honest. Nearly all were routine, with a few good ones. But as mentioned, the Oilers goalies need to be the best goalie on the ice every night, regardless of shots or save %. Anything less will likely mean a loss or a bad loss.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
When you are in a tight game, against one of the best money goalies in the league, you can't blink. This isn't about save % in this particular game. It's about making all the saves you need to make, and maybe a couple you shouldn't be expected to make. Regardless of your team making some mistakes (the Penguins made plenty of them, probably more than us, given the disparity in shots on net, and the extra quality chances we had by our stars), letting in a weak goal is a killer, and can bring an underperforming team (the Penguins in this case) back into the fray, and also has the flipside of deflating the other team. Right after that goal went in, the Pens ramped things up. Until that time, Koski was making the saves he needed to make, and the Oilers had control of the game. But with this team being so fragile, and without any secondary scoring, their goalies have to be airtight in games like this one. I didn't think Koski had to make any 10 bell saves in the game, to be honest. Nearly all were routine, with a few good ones. But as mentioned, the Oilers goalies need to be the best goalie on the ice every night, regardless of shots or save %. Anything less will likely mean a loss or a bad loss.
This coming from a big Talbot supporter is flat out hilarious. Damn koskinen letting in 2 goals! Hell if he got a shutout we would have won 1-0!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This coming from a big Talbot supporter is flat out hilarious. Damn koskinen letting in 2 goals! Hell if he got a shutout we would have won 1-0!
Have no idea what your point is. And I suspect you don't either. But keep propping up every move your hero makes and the enormous long term contract he has.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Have no idea what your point is. And I suspect you don't either. But keep propping up every move your hero makes and the enormous long term contract he has.
My point is obvious. Regardless if it’s “my hero” or Talbot in net, blaming the goalie for a loss when your team only scores 1 goal is stupid. Is that clear enough for you?

Reactions: TheNumber4

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Lol. K so shutout or bust is essentially what you wrote.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It was still a bad goal. He can’t give that up. If it was Talbot that lost the game you’d have nailed him to the cross.

He could... you know if the Oilers could score more than 1 goal a game.

I wouldn’t have blamed Talbot for the loss, most of his losses I don’t directly blame him. But I wonder if the better goalie would have turned that loss into a win.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Lol “enormous”. He’s not even top 20 for cap hits for starting goalies in this league.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My point is obvious. Regardless if it’s “my hero” or Talbot in net, blaming the goalie for a loss when your team only scores 1 goal is stupid. Is that clear enough for you?
Sorry, I 've already explained what happens when your goalie lets in a terrible goal in a close game. I could try to do it again for you, but you really are too dense to comprehend.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Lol “enormous”. He’s not even top 20 for cap hits for starting goalies in this league.
For a guy that's never been a starting goalie in this league, and has very few games under his belt, yes, it is enormous. lol.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Lol. K so shutout or bust is essentially what you wrote.
You really need some reading or math comprehension. Take away the bad goal and we have a tie game, with a chance to get an extra point in OT. In what world is that a shutout for you?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I'm not blaming the game on the goalie. I said he let in a weak goal which can't happen for this team. The team played fine and still lost by a goal because he gave up a weak one. He seals off the post and the Oilers at least get a point.
Those sentences seem contradictory.

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
They're both not very good, but Koskinen has been straight garbage since 2019 started.

I still can't believe that extension. Would he even get half that at the end of the season?

I can't believe they just had to extend him when they did, they had all season. Chia has made worse deals but not more moronic ones. What was wrong with waiting a bit longer, he wasn't driving his value out of reach the way he was playing? Just dumb.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I can't believe they just had to extend him when they did, they had all season. Chia has made worse deals but not more moronic ones. What was wrong with waiting a bit longer, he wasn't driving his value out of reach the way he was playing? Just dumb.
They must have seen into the future and saw that he was going to be a Vezina candidate next year or something. Or one of them must have had a dream.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Look out football here we come Houston Oilers number one
Houston has the Oilers the greatest football team
We take the ball from goal to goal like no ones ever seen
We're in the air we're on the ground always in control
And when you say the oilers your talkin Super Bowl

Cause we're the Houston Oilers,Houston Oilers ,Houston Oilers number 1

We just could never get past Pittsburgh . Luv Ya Blue

My favorite teams of all time we're those Earl Campbell teams

Ad

Upcoming events