Post-Game Talk: Hockey ruined by about 5 people for about 3000000 people.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
But they have Klef, Russell and Kosko back. Shouldn't that be enough? At least, I think someone on here said the fortunes would change when that happened.

Maybe you should track down whoever said that and pester him. No one said that, what was said was that an evaluation of Kosko would be able to be done once our defence was back in order. Defensively we were good last night and better than most Oilers games of the last month. 2 goals against versus the Pens, most teams take that.

So Just to clarify for you: defence gets better, Kosko looking decent (like I said he would), Oilers offense which has nothing to do with Kosko or Klefbom is still anemic.

Reactions: LaGu

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe you should track down whoever said that and pester him. No one said that, what was said was that an evaluation of Kosko would be able to be done once our defence was back in order. Defensively we were good last night and better than most Oilers games of the last month. 2 goals against versus the Pens, most teams take that.

So Just to clarify for you: defence gets better, Kosko looking decent (like I said he would), Oilers offense which has nothing to do with Kosko or Klefbom is still anemic.
Except on the tying goal which put the Penguins in control of the game. They were never in danger of losing after that.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
"Hockey game ends unmarred by any major technical broadcast problems to the dismay and disappointment of millions of watching Oiler fans."

That should've been a headline.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
What's starting? Accountability? Because we both know that isnt happening... Absolving Connor of the few on ice issues he has is not a recipe for success. He should be holding himself to a higher standard in those situations, perhaps then his team will follow and when they don't at least it gives him the ability to speak up as a leader. Currently we have zero leadership and if you have to look past your captain for such that's a problem.

You think there’s an accountability problem with a kid who put in the work and time to be the best hockey player on the planet.

What do the Oilers look like without McDavid?

I have news for you all hockey players make mistakes. No players play %100 flawless all time.

In addition, when McDavid is being maxed out game after game because there’s nothing else on this team it’s a wonder he doesn’t make more.

If you can look at this team and come away thinking McDavid’s accountability is the problem, maybe hockey’s not your game.

The Oilers have a long list of issues. McDavid is not one of them.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe mcdavid should show more in the defensive zone and be a leader.
McDavid generated a ton of chances last night, got an assist. They can't all go in, and Murray was great as well. Did he make some mistakes? Sure, but to rag on him for a couple mistakes in yet another game where his line provides all of the offence, and he gets zero help is ridiculous. He is an unbelievable leader despite the crap this team and organization is. Maybe you need to watch some of the games a little more closely so you can understand what's going on out there.
Can't believe some people on here are dense enough to go overboard with their criticism of the only guy that brings it night after night, while our goalie let's in the game winner on a play a bantam goalie makes the save on 100 % of the time.

Reactions: TB12 and Raoul Duke

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Evaluation in. We lost.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Bob and Doug Nicholson

"We should trade Strome for Spooner eh?"

bobdoug-cbc-37.jpg

Reactions: oil4life97

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ita a shame you can’t find SCTV anywhere. I’m surprised it isn’t on Netflix or crave. Can’t even find it on syndication on regular tv. Some of the most brilliant comedy produced in that era.

I agree pal. I loved that show. Eugene Levy is hilarious. He was unreal in American Pie. Have you downloaded Kodi and tried that? I get all the old shows with mine. My daughter is 12 and I got her into WKRP in Cincinnati when she was 9. She loved it

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I agree pal. I loved that show. Eugene Levy is hilarious. He was unreal in American Pie. Have you downloaded Kodi and tried that? I get all the old shows with mine. My daughter is 12 and I got her into WKRP in Cincinnati when she was 9. She loved it
No I haven’t tried that. I’ll look into it. I’m still old school thinking and it took me forever just to get Netflix. WKRP was another one of my favourites that’s hard to find too.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
No I haven’t tried that. I’ll look into it. I’m still old school thinking and it took me forever just to get Netflix. WKRP was another one of my favourites that’s hard to find too.
Buy an android box at flea market. Follow YouTube to set them up. U will get all those shows. Every season

space321

May 11, 2011
Mcdavid is probably only this lazy on defense because he roomed with Hall and caught all of Hall's cancer habits. We have to trade McDavid before he spreads it to Jack Hughes.

Reactions: oil4life97

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Maybe the team needs to go to a mineral spa. Might help their staff infection.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Except on the tying goal which put the Penguins in control of the game. They were never in danger of losing after that.

The tying goal where 4 Oilers stood around like morons and were put skated and outwitted by 2 Pens PKers. And again it’s 2 goals against, how this loss falls on Koskos shoulders when the Oilers can’t even put up more than 1 goal is ridiculous.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
And again it’s 2 goals against, how this loss falls on Koskos shoulders when the Oilers can’t even put up more than 1 goal is ridiculous.
You know that, and I know that... but does everyone know that?

Koskinen is awesome, based on when I've seen him play. Two goals against vs. a Stanley Cup team, on the road, facing 33 shots, is awesome. Oilers lose yet again because of no depth scoring, the same problem they've had since summer 2017.

Koskinen, by the way, is something like .912 in games where he didn't have to replace Talbot (i.e., games that were already lost when he came in). And .912 is better than Tampa Bay's Domingue, who is 18-4 on the season.

But keep blaming the only player (besides McD and Drai) who actually won the team some games this year!

Reactions: TheNumber4

English Bob

Jul 27, 2007
Edmonton
I think McDavid and Drai are cheating for offense which has resulted in several gaffs in the D zone. However...they are playing on a team where they are pretty much the only option for the Oilers to score. How can they not go all-in on offense when nobody else can piss a drop without them? Exchange them for the top 2 forwards on any contender and that team is as good or better.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad