News Article: Hockey News: Habs front office 2nd worst in the NHL

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
lead the Montreal Canadiens in assists.....not a huge feat

Who did PK beat out for "assist leader"? the injury plagued Gallagher or the hobbled Pacerietty? Maybe the 37 year old immobile Markov? Tomas "no hands" Plekanic? DD and Chucky ?

I like PK but he did not have a great year. Now that they traded him I wish they had done it after any other season than the last one. Would have got more in return.

His point pace was 62. That would've been a new personal best.

NEOHABS

Jul 2, 2016
Montreal
Les Canadien organization is top 5 in the league. Always does things with class and treat their players well. It's the bias views of the Don Cherry club that constantly accuses and presses down on our club. Bergevin was among the most exciting Gm's in the draft and signings and showed his critics that he has the courage to make the big moves that others would have folded to protect their jobs. I respect a man who put's his own security at risk to do what's good for his team. Many who are in the Don Cherry club should go to the water park and take a dip. :D

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
So true. I am a Habs fanatic. My wife loves MB and MT because I don't have every game on....and the ones I do watch rarely stay on past first period (if that). I hear her the phone, telling my mom, her friends, her parents. She is ecstatic that were are not going to Montreal and the Bell Center this year for our annual $3500 week end. Also told her and the family not to be buying me any Habs stuff at Christmas and birthdays. Sports cable package will not be renewed. (cancelled that last season)

So yes. These two bozos cant even sell their team to me, who has cheered for them avidly since 1970.

So my wife loves the two clowns running the Habs. Especially on Saturday nights. ( ;

My wife also thanks them for Saturday night again without habs hockey. I do not remember in the last 55 years that I have been this disappointed in a habs management group and especially the ass protecting that has been going on by continuously hiring people unable to do their job. JJD, MT, the PP guy? SL on the farm. The Peter principle in full view.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
The most storied franchise in da league, now considered 29-30th......this is what we have become??

Oh well, the franco media are happy, so things are good, right? ;)

Ah yes, the old scarecrow. Something tells me that PK could do more in a day to make the media happy than Weber could in a year. How does that fit in your reality?

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Ah yes, the old scarecrow. Something tells me that PK could do more in a day to make the media happy than Weber could in a year. How does that fit in your reality?

Didn't RDS analysts always blame Eller and Subban? They're gone now so RDS should be happy.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Did they? Always? :laugh:

So RDS is now an actual person with emotions? With due respect (or should I say rispek, becauses memes...) that logic wouldn't even work with my six year-old.

I hope you aren't suggesting that there is no such thing as agendas in the media? Try watching Fox News...

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
An agenda for what?

What would they gain by the Subban trade?

Why would Bergevin or Therrien or anybody care?

What does Fox News have to do with the Habs?

If you don't see the connection between the editorial policies on both RDS regarding certain players and Fox News regarding certain politicos, then I'm at a loss how to explain it to you.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
If you don't see the connection between the editorial policies on both RDS regarding certain players and Fox News regarding certain politicos, then I'm at a loss how to explain it to you.

I don't see the connection between editorial policies on RDS and Fox News regarding certain players and politicos.

Please spell it out.

And while you're at it, explain to me how this could relate to the Habs being the 29th best org in the NHL, apparently.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Pandering to the franco media is something the Habs do or don't do?? It's what they do...they have to have a french speaking coach, which in itself makes them a joke...The media runs the team, and Geoff Molson allows it...

The recent lying and speaking out of both sides of their mouth's has not helped their ranking...but don't worry, Carey Price will save the day!!

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Pandering to the franco media is something the Habs do or don't do?? It's what they do...they have to have a french speaking coach, which in itself makes them a joke...The media runs the team, and Geoff Molson allows it...

The recent lying and speaking out of both sides of their mouth's has not helped their ranking...but don't worry, Carey Price will save the day!!

Weber is french?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Didn't RDS analysts always blame Eller and Subban? They're gone now so RDS should be happy.

You are correct. I've recorded and watched almost every AC and DM show and can affirm that there were blatant anti-Subban and anti-Eller biases on those shows. At one point the whole Eller thing was becoming so ridiculous that an HF poster sent in a question for AC sofa pundits to answer where he asked how come DD was never taken to task, and they spent less than 20 seconds on it and brushed it off like champs, never again to focus on DD, but continued their campaign about how useless Eller was to them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope you aren't suggesting that there is no such thing as agendas in the media? Try watching Fox News...

I don't know if it's an agenda, but there is definitely too cozy a relationship between Therrien and a large contingent of the franco media.

Maybe not RDS as a whole but the idiots on Antichambre railed against Subban and Eller for years. I hope that helps. :shakehead

It's more obvious on shows like AC and DM, however, if you tune in at other times, you'll see that the pundits on those shows also appear on their other shows (pre-game, in-game analysis between periods, mid-day shows, etc.), so whatever myths they are propagating are more wide-ranging.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I don't know if it's an agenda, but there is definitely too cozy a relationship between Therrien and a large contingent of the franco media.

It's more obvious on shows like AC and DM, however, if you tune in at other times, you'll see that the pundits on those shows also appear on their other shows (pre-game, in-game analysis between periods, mid-day shows, etc.), so whatever myths they are propagating are more wide-ranging.

IMO if the numerous pundits are in perpetual agreement about which players to criticize, laud or lay off of, it's a clear agenda. Unless there's a notion that it's possible for them to ignore personal relationships while neglecting facts when punditing their punditions.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
IMO if the numerous pundits are in perpetual agreement about which players to criticize, laud or lay off of, it's a clear agenda. Unless there's a notion that it's possible for them to ignore personal relationships while neglecting facts when punditing their punditions.

I can't deny the whole thing reeks.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
You are correct. I've recorded and watched almost every AC and DM show and can affirm that there were blatant anti-Subban and anti-Eller biases on those shows. At one point the whole Eller thing was becoming so ridiculous that an HF poster sent in a question for AC sofa pundits to answer where he asked how come DD was never taken to task, and they spent less than 20 seconds on it and brushed it off like champs, never again to focus on DD, but continued their campaign about how useless Eller was to them.

My guess is Radulov and Beaulieu will be their next guilty pair.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Sorry, I'm just trying to follow your logic here. I must have gotten lost somewhere. I'll back up a step.

The Weber/Subban trade has nothing to do with that ranking, but RDS does?
You had brought Weber/Subban into the discussion, not me...my point was they are not even running their organization the way they should, they are letting the media run the team.............RDS, Lapresse, JDM the Antichambre gang, all make their opinions known, and then the clown coach, and the GM fall in line...

Hence, the poor rating...we are doomed until we stop pandering to the wishes of the french media...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think the fans need to keep the pressure on these types of shows and the idiots that are on them...it seems to me these clowns would rather lose with a few french guys on the team, than win with other players, who are not french...but leave Price in nets of course...;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad