jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Got my puck. Who is it?

Perreault I think

F1uBgcx.jpg

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I brought my best of collection to Joe Daley’s last year to just get rid of them. Including a Pat Roy Rookie Teemu Rookie Joe Sakis rookie among many others and he wouldn’t give me a penny for any of it!

What a joke that industry is now.
A graded Roy would sell on ebay

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Question where would be the best place to get a Jersey Framed in Winnipeg??

They are all super expensive. I started framing my own and they look pretty good.

I bought a product similar to this but black and put inside a jersey display case.
https://jerseyhangers.ca/

Bought some of these when they were half price.

Shop for the Black Large Shadow Box, 30" x 40" by Studio Décor® at Michaels

I’ll post pics next week. Cost me about $100 - $125 a jersey to frame and I did up 5. Gives them a nice natural hanging look.

Pictures, Frames and More May sell the case with the hanger inside. They wouldn’t tell me where they got the hangers from so I just looked online and found some. I can post a photo of the exact ones I used next week.

I have a professionally framed Keith Tkachuk rookie jersey and I like these better.

Reactions: ps241

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I have every Jets young gun made since our return now. Working on OpeeChee rookies now. I'm in love with OPeeChee Platinum. Got my Laine YG Canvas back, graded 10. Add that to my 9.5 YG Laine. Me and a buddy are sending in another group to get graded. I'm sending 2 YG Connor, 2 YG Ehlers, 1 YG Scheifele, 1 YG Trouba and 1 YG Morrissey. Hopefully they all come back tens but unlikely.
Also picked up a clear cut YG Copp at a shop in Regina for cheap. Also added some OPC Ehlers and Trouba rookies. I have a massive collection of Parkhurst rookies that seem to be increasing in value lately. Pulled a Patty Kane auto patch I used to snag a massive group of new rookie sets including Niku, Vesalainen and Vesalainen canvas among many others. I have just about every base Jets printed from 2014 to today. Still working on finding the older stuff. I could get it all online but the hunt of checking shops and expos is a lot more fulfilling to me. Also snagged a Steen/Hawerchuk dual auto not long ago with a Hawerchuk true rookie I want to get graded.

Edit: I should add my Morrissey rookie collection is by far my biggest. I've got around 5 autos, a large amount of numbered's and of course every base rookie printed. OPC Platinum Morrissey's are hard to come by in my travels but I'm looking.

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They are all super expensive. I started framing my own and they look pretty good.

I bought a product similar to this but black and put inside a jersey display case.

I’ll post pics next week. Cost me about $100 - $125 a jersey to frame and I did up 5. Gives them a nice natural hanging look.

Pictures, Frames and More May sell the case with the hanger inside. They wouldn’t tell me where they got the hangers from so I just looked online and found some. I can post a photo of the exact ones I used next week.

I have a professionally framed Keith Tkachuk rookie jersey and I like these better.

That's exactly what I did with my Laine, Ehlers and Scheif jerseys. Micheael's is the shit! I safety pinned mine with cardboard holding up the shoulders. Makes for a cleaner look IMO.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I brought my best of collection to Joe Daley’s last year to just get rid of them. Including a Pat Roy Rookie Teemu Rookie Joe Sakis rookie among many others and he wouldn’t give me a penny for any of it!

I'd snag that Teemu off you. The industry today is incredibly strong it's the late 80's to early 2000's industry that is a joke. They mass printed cards into oblivion but s time goes on some are getting rarer. The trouble with Roy, Selanne and Sakic rookies is they go for dirt cheap because there are literally thousands of them out there. The industry as idiotic about it in that era. Now they do the typical base runs in the many thousands but there are more niche runs that sell for huge amounts. Stuff like Black Diamond go in the thousands and up after a few years. And especially ultra rare runs like this Mitch Marner Gold OPC Platinum,

2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum - [Base] - Golden Treasures #180 - Mitch Marner /1 - COMC Card Marketplace

That card is like 2 years old and is already going for over 2k. It's all about investing in the right rookie classes and in the right product runs. And going with hobby over retail which will always net you better cards.

Reactions: TheGovernment

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg

Wow yeah that does work out really well and damn not a bad Jersey to get at all just curious if you're looking to buy another Jets autographed Jersey is AJ sports a reliable place to go with?

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
For sure they now have 2 stores, 1 at the outlet mall and 1 at St. Vital check em out!
Thank you so much guys I was always scared to buy an autographed Jersey from all the stories of fakes being sold just wanted to be sure and I didn’t want to go off reviews from random sites

Reactions: nhlpro

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

You have to sell your collectibles by yourself on ebay etc if you want to maximize any money off of them, much better if they are professionally graded. It will also take some time to find a buyer who will give you the amount you want.

A collectibles store will offer you jackshit if you walk in off the street and try and sell them something. They probably won't even bother making you an offer unless it is something really choice and even then it will be a lowball offer. I used to work at a comic book store and the owner took pride in how he was able to get good back issue stock by really low balling walk ins. It's how they maximize their profits.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

damaaster

Dec 29, 2009
WINNIPEG
Not sure if this is allowed - or if there is another section to post this - (if so mods please let me know).

But I have a bunch of pretty unique, in great condition sports memorabilia/etc, that I am looking to sell/trade. This is not a full list - tho these are probably the best items. I've posted them on facebook, and Kijiji without much success..but I assume, if there are any serious collectors/hockey fans, this may be a good place to post as well. Here are a few of the items I have:

Facebook Marketplace: Bobby Orr Framed Signed Picture/Stick - Antiques & Collectibles - Winnipeg, Manitoba
Facebook Marketplace: Arcade Table - Custom Winnipeg Jets - Antiques & Collectibles - Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1847965241965612
www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/306960076749276
www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/537009770097579
www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/418859705308726

A few *Jets* specific items would be the classic/custom arcade table with 60+ games, as well as the Dale Hawerchuck signed photo/framed card set from his rookie year. I've also got an Ehlers Autographed Jersey (tag still on) with CoA which I got from my jets Rewards points.

I used to have a recroom in my old house, but since we moved, they've all been collecting dust. If anyone is interested, let me know. Also potentially open to some trades (furniture, art, etc)

Apologies in advance if this type of post is not allowed here.

Last edited:

damaaster

Dec 29, 2009
WINNIPEG
I used to be pretty big into collecting (both cards and memorabilia). I have since gotten rid of most of my cards, but still have quite a few memorabilia pieces. I've tried posting them on facebook and kijiji without much luck...but figured i'd see if anyone here may be interested in some of if. Serious offers only and or interesting trades (non memorabilia).

Framed/signed Hawerchuk photo/puck/card set from whole jets team in his rookie year
Framed/signed Johnny Bower & whole leafs team from '64 team
Framed signed Jean Beliveau Jersey
Framed/Signed Stick/Photo/Bobby Orr - the goal
Framed/signed Malkin photo
Also have an ehlers blue autographed never worn jersey with CoA from Jets

Some pics below.
upload_2020-7-12_15-13-35.png

upload_2020-7-12_15-13-14.png

upload_2020-7-12_15-12-44.png

upload_2020-7-12_15-12-5.png

upload_2020-7-12_15-14-6.png

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Resurrecting this thread to post the new jersey I just ordered.

Helleheritage.webp

Also got this photo

Screenshot-2021-06-13-at-19-19-28-CONNOR-HELLEBUYCK-WINNIPEG-JETS-SIGNED-INSCRIBED-8x10-PHOTO-2020-V.png

Getting them framed with my tickets from the game, pretty stoked. It's gonna be my centerpiece item. Used to have a Laine with about 12 rookie cards in it but I've taken it down. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Resurrecting this thread to post the new jersey I just ordered.

Helleheritage.webp

Also got this photo

Screenshot-2021-06-13-at-19-19-28-CONNOR-HELLEBUYCK-WINNIPEG-JETS-SIGNED-INSCRIBED-8x10-PHOTO-2020-V.png

Getting them framed with my tickets from the game, pretty stoked. It's gonna be my centerpiece item. Used to have a Laine with about 12 rookie cards in it but I've taken it down. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

Nothing wrong with having Laine stuff even though he isn't here anymore :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad