Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kek is with us
Nz5TAgD.png

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hope so, but I don't see what will change. Are we going to be comfortable demoting Carpenter or Reaves in two weeks? Then how is he getting back up here and getting dressed for that fourth line?
There will obviously be injuries / moves / trades. Rydahl will undoubtedly be up with us this season and I don't think it's impossible to imagine Carpenter being waived if he isn't good & Rydahl proving himself.

Time will tell, but remember how the team looked on opening day last year and how it ended up when we made the playoffs.

Reactions: tlk

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hope so, but I don't see what will change. Are we going to be comfortable demoting Carpenter or Reaves in two weeks? Then how is he getting back up here and getting dressed for that fourth line?
Reaves won't get demoted. He fills a role no one else can, and he's a leader in the locker room. Carpenter or Hunt may, though. Drury didn't want to risk losing one of them, but once the season starts and rosters are set, less teams will have an open roster spot and cap space to claim them.

It may also be that they just want Rydahl to get more acclimated to NA ice. We've seen lots of players start in the AHL and come up during the year. Lindgren and Schneider. Chytil got sent down to start the season a couple years ago and quickly earned his way back. If Rydahl deserves it, he'll be here.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
whats up at here and new season here and i logging here first time since long time ago. my englandwriting im sure total catastrophy by now since not using anything with it since yeah.

alright my maine thing here today only thinking what heck going on at kakko as per wanting by team. not seeing anything in preseasons games and not seeing first game also anything in mainstart. i saw goal by him and looking like little nonchalanche stylee there just ...hey my question. ...is team ordering anything from kakko or do they demanding anything by him? my feeling is kakko giving not more if not asked of. they giveth him not yet or will ever? giveth him big minites pr not like asking anything monsterous by him? my feeling is kakko not trying like his best if not coach going saying it..we want you dominating holding pucks and stuff....i feel also kakko maybe lazy? maybe sugardesease holding him back efecttively by times. or always? i would like caoch giving him monsterous minits and demanding him to holding puck and dominating. in past like small minits given and looking lazy and not by team knowwing what to ask, do from him holding him on nomalsland to this day.

kakko. time is now. do with minits what you can. with you on field you should at least try dominating. you playd small brother last game and with you team lost game. is this not better to a come? shame for team if this is the roof.

sir avgard hockeyprofesesor
I’m definitely gonna fail this course. Do you offer a Pass/Fail or should I just withdraw now?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
$1.75M for Reaves is painful
When they gave him the deal I thought nothing of it. Now it’s truly an anchor. I don’t blame the rangers though. The flat cap is a farce.

Vesey-Carpenter-Hunt/Reaves.

What is so “trash” about that? Those are all serviceable 4th liners that are getting 8-10 minutes of ice time…
Yeah. It’s not exciting and I’d prefer it be a little different. But it’s fine. I like the top nine. Looking forward to Blais getting back. Move Goodrow down. The lineup is good, if not deep.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
When they gave him the deal I thought nothing of it. Now it’s truly an anchor. I don’t blame the rangers though. The flat cap is a farce.
Drury gave Reaves that deal knowing full well we were under a flat cap. Same with the Goodrow deal.

The deals that are killing our cap are the ones that were signed right before the pandemic began and screwed up the cap situation (Panarin/Trouba, signed 8 months before the pandemic, and Kreider being extended literally weeks before the league suspended games :facepalm:). If those 3 deals are signed the following offseason, we probably have an additional $3-5M in cap space to work with right now. The timing just really, really sucked on those deals, through really no fault of the front office. They were deals that were a bit rich at the time, but that you could justify with a rising cap and a young core. D'oh!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
And after all of the BS with Kravstov, here he is, starting on the 2nd line with Panarin to open the 22-23 season.

I want him to succeed and rooting for the kid, but no one can say he didn't get a chance. He was putrid in preseason and is basically being handed a top 6 position, and the games count now.

Yes. He should be given a pretty long extender leash to get his legs under him, but for his own good he's gotta go out and prove some shit fairly quickly IMO and thats his own doing.

LGR
Not so funny that the baby got his toy after all. What a great message sent. I guess, if one way doesn't work, try the other. Because bottom line is ......they NEED him to be productive, showing he belongs......now, whether he stays or they immediately send him packing is another thing. Gotta re-coup quality/asset MGMT.
But I sincerely DO hope he does well and ends up staying, because he really "can be" a difference market some day.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
whats up at here and new season here and i logging here first time since long time ago. my englandwriting im sure total catastrophy by now since not using anything with it since yeah.

alright my maine thing here today only thinking what heck going on at kakko as per wanting by team. not seeing anything in preseasons games and not seeing first game also anything in mainstart. i saw goal by him and looking like little nonchalanche stylee there just ...hey my question. ...is team ordering anything from kakko or do they demanding anything by him? my feeling is kakko giving not more if not asked of. they giveth him not yet or will ever? giveth him big minites pr not like asking anything monsterous by him? my feeling is kakko not trying like his best if not coach going saying it..we want you dominating holding pucks and stuff....i feel also kakko maybe lazy? maybe sugardesease holding him back efecttively by times. or always? i would like caoch giving him monsterous minits and demanding him to holding puck and dominating. in past like small minits given and looking lazy and not by team knowwing what to ask, do from him holding him on nomalsland to this day.

kakko. time is now. do with minits what you can. with you on field you should at least try dominating. you playd small brother last game and with you team lost game. is this not better to a come? shame for team if this is the roof.

sir avgard hockeyprofesesor
This hurt my eyes and took 5 minutes to read, but I guess it's not easy. Good job, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad