Pre-Game Talk: HOCKEY IS BACK!!! LIGHTNING @ RANGERS TOMORROW, 7:30PM EASTERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
seemingly. is doubtful for tomorrow.
Unfrigginbelievable. I mean, can or will Sammy EVER play another game for the Rangers?
Been waiting almost 10 months (or whatever) and still believe he may have made a big difference.
And still want to kick Sluppan where the sun doesn't shine.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Both Carpenter and Reaves are basically skating in quicksand at this point in their careers. Would rather it be...

Vesey - Rydahl - Goodrow

...but alas!
Carpenter has been a quality 4th line defense focused player in his career. Really not going to be up in arms about it. Splitting hairs really. I preferred Rydahl but I dont think its the end of the world and we probably will see him at some point.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
There’s a reason why Rooney got 1+ And Carpenter didn’t. He’s a downgrade on an already mediocre 4C
Yes, the reason is that Brad Treliving gave him a bad contract with him coming off of a terrible season. Everyone would be panning Drury for giving Rooney 2x$1.3M after last year. Regardless, I think most of this is just overreacting to preseason games that do not significantly matter, while Carpenter will continue to be a boring, known commodity throughout the year. And like I've said previously, if it doesn't work out, they can simply waive him with no consequences for Rydahl if he's showing that he's acclimating well to NA.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Can't believe the prophecy is finally being fulfilled, I'm going to shed tears seeing him skate out there when they call his name. People may think I'm wrong in my projections but go back and read the early pages of the Krav thread, I was the only one who believed. I willed this into existence when everyone thought it couldn't be done. LFG
Are you doing this creepy shit strictly for attention now?

The Bern & Jovo show on the horizon?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mandar and TominNC

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Are they doing 3rd jerseys again this season or was that next season?

Could be making that up altogether lol

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
What a sick sense of humor the NHL schedule makers have.
I mean, really? The Lightning as our 1st opponent?
Just a little reminder of that I'll fated series? Pathetic.
Really? I think most fans love the rematch

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I think my roster prediction was accurate outside of the Blais injury. Id honestly rather Vesey join line 3 tho

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Really? I think most fans love the rematch
Yes, really. I wouldn't mind the re-match if we had been on the winning side of that series.
If we beat them tomorrow night, then some will say.....a little too late for that, OR something like; what does that prove? We lose, then it's the usual complaining.
I would like them to have a great early season start, get a jump on most other teams in the division.
Especially since many here are expecting a "step back", whereas I am very hopeful that we actually might "improve a bit", especially 5v5.
Btw, I don't like Kaapo being separated from Filip and especially Laffy. Did you see that nice give and go with Laffy late 3rd period v Islanders?
Chemistry is forming, but I guess maybe Coach knows best

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
74,000-0 NYR

Kravtsov (74,000)

Can't believe the prophecy is finally being fulfilled, I'm going to shed tears seeing him skate out there when they call his name. People may think I'm wrong in my projections but go back and read the early pages of the Krav thread, I was the only one who believed. I willed this into existence when everyone thought it couldn't be done. LFG
He scores at least a point tomorrow. Book it

• Love
Reactions: EdJovanovski

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Here are your Pizza Hut 8 Keys to the Game:

- Don't let the 4th line on the ice
- Stay out of the penalty box - that way, Carpenter and Vesey don't get minutes
- Give Kravtsov a quick hook if he doesn't do anything constructive
- Let Kakko run wild - rock out the Kakk out
- Let Laf run wild on 2nd line if Kravtsov is pulled
- Reconstitute the Kid Line if the situation gets desperate for offense
- Let Blais hit every Bolt in his sight
- Hypnotize Panarin into believing Trocheck is Strome

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
And after all of the BS with Kravstov, here he is, starting on the 2nd line with Panarin to open the 22-23 season.

I want him to succeed and rooting for the kid, but no one can say he didn't get a chance. He was putrid in preseason and is basically being handed a top 6 position, and the games count now.

Yes. He should be given a pretty long extender leash to get his legs under him, but for his own good he's gotta go out and prove some shit fairly quickly IMO and thats his own doing.

LGR

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Last season's home opener was blacked out for 24 hours for those of us who were trying to access with our ESPN+ subscriptions.

Will this game definitely be available on ESPN+ tomorrow night?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It should have been a SCF rematch for the opener, instead Avs get to play a tuneup game vs the Rockford Icehogs and we gotta play Bolts, such bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad