Great Britain: Hockey in Britain part 3

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Fun fact: Adam Harding was a teammate of German goaltender Elmar Trautmann who played against Canada yesterday

both played for SISEC Selects Midget AAA in 09/10

Fun fact : I have an online poker buddy who played with Rakell at the early youth level. But what does this all mean!!!!!!!

We are getting players who have played with players who have played against elite players. Getting closer!

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Fun fact : I have an online poker buddy who played with Rakell at the early youth level. But what does this all mean!!!!!!!

We are getting players who have played with players who have played against elite players. Getting closer!

Why are you being so condescending? I just thought it was interesting because it's such an obscure league/level for the 2 players to have met.

If I wanted to insinuate we were "getting closer" as you put it, I would have said all the returning German players who were in the U20 last year played against GB in division 1, or I would have mentioned how Joey Lewis is currently teammates with Oliver Mebus. And if you really want to go into that, Harding scored 90 points in 69 games that year while Trautmann had really crappy stats.

Why don't you contribute something to hockey in this country aside from sarcastic comments?

Last edited:

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
Why are you being so condescending? I just thought it was interesting because it's such an obscure league/level for the 2 players to have met.

If I wanted to insinuate we were "getting closer" as you put it, I would have said all the returning German players who were in the U20 last year played against GB in division 1, or I would have mentioned how Joey Lewis is currently teammates with Oliver Mebus. And if you really want to go into that, Harding scored 90 points in 69 games that year while Trautmann had really crappy stats.

Why don't you contribute something to hockey in this country aside from sarcastic comments?

You shoulda said Joey Lewis is playing with Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre!!!!

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

Define fun ;)

Relax. It was a light hearted remark.

As for the last sentence, unsure on how to take that, but if the insinuation is what i think it is, i wouldn't go there if i were you.

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
And i wouldn't go there. Assigning responsibility from the divine right of the high horse usually fails.

Go there. I wanna know what the hell he's talking about. I can see his rant now, full of condescension and displaying his special pompous ass quality he loves so much

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
If Perlini is holding out for Canada he's wasting his time lol he didn't even make the U17 team for the province of Ontario lol

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
If Perlini is holding out for Canada he's wasting his time lol he didn't even make the U17 team for the province of Ontario lol

So? The kid is only 16, he's got time. There are probably loads of guys who went on to play for Canada but never got picked for U17's, especially with the U18's and WC's missing good players in the playoffs. Even without those you've got Camara from this year's U20's who never played U17's.

Call me Suds

Dec 21, 2012
So? The kid is only 16, he's got time. There are probably loads of guys who went on to play for Canada but never got picked for U17's, especially with the U18's and WC's missing good players in the playoffs. Even without those you've got Camara from this year's U20's who never played U17's.

Perlini isn't a 4th line grinder lol

Daltonbror*

What status does hockey have in England? Do people go to games, do kids play it?

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
What status does hockey have in England? Do people go to games, do kids play it?

Over 5,000 registered players, more than half of them junior players. According to the IIHF website.

The Elite League has an average attendance of more than 2,000 per game. The bigger teams like Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast have average attendances of more than 4,000 per game. Nottingham v Sheffield games often have attendances of 7,000+.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
I remember Great Britain was competing in the IIHF WC Pool-A once. I think it was back in 93 or 94, I remember it because Norway played a very important game against them and we had to win to avoid getting relegated to Pool-B (now Div.1). Norway won that game, I think the final score was 3-6 or something like that.

Would be nice to see Great Britain in the elite championships again. When a Country like Hungary can be promoted to WC, then I really think that GB has a chance too. Be interesting to watch Div 1 this year and see if they can win their group.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I remember Great Britain was competing in the IIHF WC Pool-A once. I think it was back in 93 or 94, I remember it because Norway played a very important game against them and we had to win to avoid getting relegated to Pool-B (now Div.1). Norway won that game, I think the final score was 3-6 or something like that.

Would be nice to see Great Britain in the elite championships again. When a Country like Hungary can be promoted to WC, then I really think that GB has a chance too. Be interesting to watch Div 1 this year and see if they can win their group.

It was in 1994. Back then, most of the roster was not even British, the team was full of Canadians who had been playing in the British league long enough to have citizenship. We have worked really hard in the last 10-15 years to get a team made up of nearly all fully British players back to just below the level we were back then as an established Division 1 nation. We had a really good tournament a couple of years ago where we lost out on promotion after losing to Kazakhstan by 1 goal.

ukyote

User, Interrupted
Dec 19, 2005
London, England
Following on from the conversation on the other thread, I should be able to get down to the Streatham game on the 24th of the month! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad