Hockey History Ongoing Trivia

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I've seen one of these before, it would be cool to have it going again.

You know the drill - I ask a question, you all guess, and whoever gets it right gets to ask the next question.

First question:

Who is the New York Rangers all-time plus/minus leader?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Guy Rousseau.

Name the first German-born and trained player to score a hat trick in the NHL.

Marco Sturm? Educated guess for me. I know it almost certainly isn't Uwe Krupp and after that the Germans are scarce

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
i had to research it (no i didn't google it but went through seasons and looked up players)

pretty sure it is Uli Hiemer. Man that's obscure

Pear Juice

Dec 12, 2007
Gothenburg, SWE
Yup, just has to be Uli Hiemer.

"Oct. 31, 1984, when the Devils scored five goals, Uli Hiemer had a hat trick, and Joe Cirella scored twice."

Fascinating that he in just 19 NHL goals scored a hattrick.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
there way it works it when you answer the question right--you then get to ask the next one or ask someone to post the next one

here is one

What Vancouver trade is responsible for the Nucks having both Sedins and Luongo and bonus points--name the GM who did that trade(it is the trade responsible for the nucks getting the parts required to make the other trades)---more info then I should give

hint the trade in question did not happen on draft day

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
there way it works it when you answer the question right--you then get to ask the next one or ask someone to post the next one

here is one

What Vancouver trade is responsible for the Nucks having both Sedins and Luongo and bonus points--name the GM who did that trade(it is the trade responsible for the nucks getting the parts required to make the other trades)---more info then I should give

hint the trade in question did not happen on draft day

It was the midseason 1997-98 trade of Trevor Linden that brought back Bertuzzi (Luongo) and McCabe (traded up to get 2nd Sedin)

I forget the GM, but that was just for bonus points anyway.

next question: name the two unrelated NHL stars (past or present unspecified) born on the same day in the same year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad