Hockey History Ongoing Trivia

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont
The correct answer is Connie Broden. A playoff addition adding roster depth at center, Connie Broden was a member of the 1957 and 1958 Stanley Cup winning Montreal Canadiens.He was lent to the Whitby Dunlops prior to the 1958 World Cup in Norway. Connie Broden was the WC tournament leading scorer, out-performing even the European greats, helping the Dunlops win the Gold Medal. He returned to Canada and within a month was a small part of the 1958 Canadiens Stanley Cup winning team.

Connie Broden, member of two SC winning teams and a member of a IIHF, WC winning team in between.
Connie Broden. Walked away from it all to work for Molsons. Sure he regrets it (though I think he says he doesn't), That Whitby Dunlops team was a fantastic team.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Connie Broden

Connie Broden. Walked away from it all to work for Molsons. Sure he regrets it (though I think he says he doesn't), That Whitby Dunlops team was a fantastic team.

Connie Broden was part of the Canadiens "family". He saw the future at center - Ralph Backstrom, Gerry Wilson, Jim McMaster, Bill Hay, Red Berenson, Cliff Pennington. Granted career ending injuries to Wilson and McMaster were unforeseen but he made the right choice.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
No winner, so another question is in order. Let's stay with the number two.

Jacques Plante, November 1, 1959 was the first goalie to permanently adopt the mask as standard equipment for an NHL goalie. Who were the next two regular NHL goalies to adopt the mask as standard equipment. Note Charlie Hodge did not become a regular until a few games into the 1963-64 season.

Don Simmons (if he counts as 'regular') and... Terry Sawchuk?

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Gretzky: Todd Elik, Steve Duschene, Luc Robitaille, Paul Coffey

Lemieux: Jaromir Jagr,

EDIT: Paul Coffey if you consider the goals as a tie-breaker.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Gretzky: Todd Elik, Steve Duschene, Luc Robitaille, Paul Coffey

Lemieux: Jaromir Jagr,

EDIT: Paul Coffey if you consider the goals as a tie-breaker.
Coffey didn't out point him, so he doesn't count, but otherwise correct.

Gretzky: Elik and Duchesne in 1990, Robitaille in 1991
Lemieux: Jagr in 1997

Your turn.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
A two-parter.

First, name the three pairs of brothers who both won an NHL scoring title.

Second, name the two pairs of brothers who both finished second in an NHL scoring race, but no higher than second.

I believe the first part would be the Sedins, Conachers, and Bentleys. (Not for sure about Doug Bentley, but I don't know who else it would be)

Second Part...

The Richards is one, but I'm gonna have to think a while for the other pair

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
A two-parter.

First, name the three pairs of brothers who both won an NHL scoring title.

Second, name the two pairs of brothers who both finished second in an NHL scoring race, but no higher than second.

Max and Doug Bentley
Roy and Charlie Conacher
Henrik and Daniel Sedin

Frank and George Boucher
Henri and Maurice Richard

Robert Gordon Orr

Dec 3, 2009
While awaiting a question from TheDevilMadeMe I'll throw out five questions to keep the thread going.

1) Who holds the record for the fastest hat trick by an NHL-rookie ?
2) Name the oldest NHL’er to receive a fighting major ?
3) Who scored the most NHL regular season goals before notching his first playoff goal ?
4) Name the forward with the longest goal-scoring drought to start an NHL-career ?
5) Who holds the NHL record for most consecutive powerplay goals ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad