hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I guess you could call it shameful. Or a brilliant move that landed his team the best player in the history of the game and immediately thrust his franchise into relevancy.

Really, it's still Pocklington who comes out as the only one looking shameful in the excerpt you posted. The rest is just business.

Oh yeah- about that "business" stuff...

On December 14, he pleaded guilty to five counts of conspiracy and fraud, and admitted to bilking six banks out of $236 million over a ten-year period.[3] He was sentenced to 70 months in prison. Immediately after his conviction, it emerged that his free-spending ways had put the Kings in serious financial jeopardy. They were ultimately forced into bankruptcy in 1995.[7] The financial problems from the McNall era plagued the Kings for several years afterward.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_McNall

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Hall of Shame greatest Hall of shamer
Mike Milbury! He can be inducted in for Player, Coach, GM, and Analyst.
He also has lineage in the HOS in terms of drafting Torres, and Coaching Bertuzzi.

His penny pinching ways and dubious hiring led to a child sexual abuse scandal??

Its Pal Hal hands down.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Harold Ballard

edit: After reading some of the previous posts, I realize we should do away with all pretences and just induct Graham James in, all on his own, with the first ballot... then and only then should we elect any of the rest of these chumps.

Maybe. Like he's in, I guess it comes down to who ruined kids lives, and to what degree. Its between the one I left and James.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Graham James is the clear cut number one here in my opinion. Allan Eagleson a distant but clear second. Then Harold Ballard.

For players, Bertuzzi and Matt Cooke.

I don't get why Ballard is third.
Its not 1st hand like James, but he too affected lots of kids lives in the same fashion. He may challenge for 1st.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I agree with most of the names I have seen except Lindros.

He did what most people would do, rejecting a terrible organization when he had limitless options.

Any clown who says they would not take the best job they could just because someone else wanted them first is a liar and I am calling you out. Just because he is an athlete doesn't mean he no longer had control of his life.

My kid is currently being wooed by several NCAA colleges for track and field. You know where she is going? Wherever she gets the best scholarship and is the most comfortable. Not with who asked her first.

People need to get over themselves. You would do the same thing.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I agree with most of the names I have seen except Lindros.

He did what most people would do, rejecting a terrible organization when he had limitless options.

Any clown who says they would not take the best job they could just because someone else wanted them first is a liar and I am calling you out. Just because he is an athlete doesn't mean he no longer had control of his life.

My kid is currently being wooed by several NCAA colleges for track and field. You know where she is going? Wherever she gets the best scholarship and is the most comfortable. Not with who asked her first.

People need to get over themselves. You would do the same thing.

Not a great comparison there bahd. Thanks for coming out though.

And to the person who mentioned Todd Marchant, wtf? What did he do to anyone? :laugh:

Unless the person who posted that was Grant Ledyard or Andy Moog.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Alan Eagleson - among other things, was convicted of racketeering, and stole money from Bobby Orr.

Gil Stein. - tried to rig his own nomination to the HOF

John Ziegler- another jailbird

Pocklington- traded Gretzky

Harold Ballard- destroyed the Leafs for decades.

Forgot about James and Mcnall, though I would say that the latter hurt himself more than anyone else.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
So many names here, but these are my real heroes:

How about the wife beaters, Voynov, who actually got a conviction for it, or Krzysztof Oliwa, who broke his wifes nose with a hockey stick.

Fetisov is a personal favorite of mine - a crooked corrupt sports politician after his career, a guy who makes a documentary about himself suffering from the soviet authorities who don't let him play hockey because he wants to go to the NHL, and now asks for russian players to be prohibited from leaving for NHL till the age of at least 28.

Or how about Kovalchuk... demands contract from the Devils that lead to the CBA violation penalty, signs a 17 year long front loaded deal, bolts to Russia just 3 seasons into it, leads russian national team off the ice during the award ceremony at the world championships disrespecting the winner, and manages to get thrown off the team as the highest paid player during last KHL playoffs for disrespectful behavior.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Not a great comparison there bahd. Thanks for coming out though.

And to the person who mentioned Todd Marchant, wtf? What did he do to anyone? :laugh:

Unless the person who posted that was Grant Ledyard or Andy Moog.

Actually, it's a great comparison, thanks for commenting, though.

Elite players get to do what they want, because they have earned it. People need to put away their soothers and man up already. If it was your kid, you wouldn't force them into a crap situation for anyone else. You'd do what is best for your kid...period.

Why? Because if it is the reverse situation, and the kid gets hurt or doesn't quite live up to expectations, it is amazing how quickly that loyalty becomes a one-way street.

I do not care about cities. I don't live in a city. Therefore, I could not care less about hometown pride for some place that doesn't give a rat's ass about my kid.

Neither did the Lindros family. Good for them.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Mick McGeough

Mcgeough.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad