Graham James - influenced numerous careers
Link Gaetz - all around moron
Alan Eagleson - criminal who abused trust and blatantly stole from players
Harold Ballard - Callous individual, almost ruined the hockey mecca
Brian Fogarty - shameful that a potential HHOF career was tragically derailed

Edit: Dollar Bill Wirtz for bringing new definition to the word "cheap"

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Avery is far from the biggest *** in the history of sports. You need to do some homework and aim higher.

Well, I was kind of exaggerating, but he is a pretty big ass on and off the ice. Harassing homeless people? Name one other athlete or former athlete who does that.

Aug 3, 2010
He posted videos of him waking up homeless people to ask them the time.

That's pretty disgusting.

I highly dislike Avery, but this is during his retirement, aka POST NHL life and has nothing to do with his NHL "accomplishments".

Otherwise, people should be slamming on Bourque for his DUI.

No double standards.

That being said, Avery is still a top-10 candidate *********.

eviohh26*

The Kanes... Hide your wives. Lock up your daughters. Kanes are in town.

eviohh26*

I highly dislike Avery, but this is during his retirement, aka POST NHL life and has nothing to do with his NHL "accomplishments".

No double standards.

LoL i read that Avery got kicked off broadway for freaking out on some young girl offering him some pizza she bought for the whole cast. Guy is a joke. His comments about french canadains and Dion Phenuf was enough more me. Then his antics with brouder .

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

No double standards.

People have been slamming Bourque for his DUI. Where have you been? You might not care what a person does after their career is done, but some people do. Harassing homeless people is disgusting regardless of who is doing it.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
On another note, jeez, how have these guys not been mentioned yet:

Atlanta Spirit Group

Literally one of only two ownership groups in modern pro sports I can think of that deliberately destroyed their own team (Jeff Loria of the Expos being the other) and the fashion in which A$G did it was far more egregious.

I'd put Don Waddell up for consideration as well here though there's a decent bit of evidence that he was just working under marching orders from A$G.

How they got the team is a boy of chicanery too. The Thrashers were supposed to be sold to Texas auto dealer David McDavid, but Turner reneged because ASG had a relative in it. McDavid ended up with a $281M settlement, and ASG could never agree on anything.

Aug 3, 2010
People have been slamming Bourque for his DUI. Where have you been? You might not care what a person does after their career is done, but some people do. Harassing homeless people is disgusting regardless of who is doing it.
Because it's clear that post-hockey career has, and should have, extremely little to do with Hall of Fame/Shame nominations. The crap Avery does outside of the game, post-retirement, isn't important to whatever stupid stuff he pulled off during his time on the ice and he pulled off a tonne. Leave the post-career ************* out of it and he's still a solid candidate because the guy's a sociopath on and off the ice.

If post-career, non-hockey actions are considered, one must argue for removing Bourque from the HHOF.

Otherwise you have players like Fleury, who is clearly not a candidate for HHOF due to his substance abuse issues during his playing days, despite being a role model on the ice of how to be a uniquely diminutive yet dominating offensive threat during his time in the NHL.
Even though he's cleaned up and is now sober, his contributions to the community now are not what will be considered as reasons to enter the HHOF.

Again, no double standards. Just judge from what is relevant, not what is irrelevant.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
:laugh:

The cab incident
Wisconsin incident
Buffalo bar incident

That's at least 3 that come to mind.

:shakehead

WORST. POST. EVER.

I think you need to look up the word "incident" in the dictionary.

Kane has had all of ONE incident in his career, a drunken dispute with a cabbie nearly 8 years ago. It ended with Kane pleading to a non criminal misdemeanor of disorderly conduct.

So for those of you scoring at home, Patrick Kane has been involved in one non criminal incident in his career and it happened in 2009.

In other words, time for you to change your BULL****E narrative.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
bertuzzi
cooke

first two that come to mind.

I like how one incident with a bad outcome (for something that's happened all over the place) and Bertuzzi being one of the most dominant power forwards for a couple years is completely forgotten. :shakehead

I love how outcome supersedes intention/action.

:shakehead

WORST. POST. EVER.

I think you need to look up the word "incident" in the dictionary.

Kane has had all of ONE incident in his career, a drunken dispute with a cabbie nearly 8 years ago. It ended with Kane pleading to a non criminal misdemeanor of disorderly conduct.

So for those of you scoring at home, Patrick Kane has been involved in one non criminal incident in his career and it happened in 2009.

In other words, time for you to change your BULL****E narrative.

He had one incident that had a criminal offense involved. He's had many other incidents that are a down-right embarrassment. But rah, rah.. Narrative.

oH3IsGifeuCl.jpg

1. Matt Cooke
2. Matt Cooke
3. Matt Cooke
4. Matt Cooke
5. Sean Avery

Is everyone here 20 years old ?

Matt Cooke was cheap, but there are guys who basically almost murdered people that make Matt Cooke look like a Lady Byng candidate.

CHRIS SIMON
MARTY MCSORLEY
CLAUDE LEMIEUX
ULF SAMUELSSON
BRYAN MARCHMENT

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad