Hockey Fandom

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Stealing this from a social media post because I think it's an interesting discussion. Mods please merge with another thread if this already exists.

87042126_3206139146066196_8524626861190283264_n.jpg

Reactions: Pay Carl

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My answers:

Terry O'Reilly -Such incredible passion for the game and his teammates

Brad Marchand - So much skill, so much hate

Montreal - So many tough losses to them as a kid. Still hate them more than any other sports franchise

Gilles Gillbert - Started watching the B's when I was 3 and he was by far my favorite.

Pasta - So much youth and skill. It's going to be a fun time to be a B's fan.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'll give it a shot:

Marcel Dionne: grew up partly as a Kings fan living in So Cal in the 70s and Kings were the only option to watch hockey

Brad as well in this one: one of the best players in the league and as entertaining off the puck as on

Again in agreement with Habs. I hate them but it is amazing to think how good they were for so many years. It was no shame to lose to them. Still hate them beyond anything though.

Gerry Cheevers, who else?

Danton Heinen- sorry, I jest. Pasta also and as much for his personality and approach to the game as his skills.

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
1. Ray Bourque - I saw him check a Flyer into the glass and I was in love.

2. Patrice Bergeron - Enough said

3. Montreal

4. Marty Brodeur

5. Pasta - His love for the game is infectious

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Neely

Bergeron, of course

Montreal, although that’s somewhat of a faded rivalry i guess it’s always still there for obvious reasons. Some losses just stay with you lol

Vanbiesbrouck, i think because i liked the Panthers logo and he was the cover athlete for nhl 95, or one of those games i forget the year.

Easy answer is Pastrnak, but i wanna see Ovechkin eclipse Gretzky.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm old but...

1) Gordie Howe/Dave Keon
2) Patrice Bergeron
3) Montreal
4)Tony Esposito/Johnny Bower
5) Connor McDavid

Sorry I had to name two in a couple of spots. First game I ever saw was Detroit at Toronto and it was live. Fell in love with Howe and Keon.

As a kid, I loved Johnny Bower and then Tony - O arrived.
Through 50 years, I've hated the Habs (and yet I married a Habs fan) but I always respected them, especially the first 40 years.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
1. Player that made me fall in love with Hockey: Brad Park (I was a young defenseman also)
2. Favorite Player today: Tie. Bergeron & Ovechkin
3. Respected Rival: The Habs. Nobody else is even close.
4. Favorite Goalie as a kid: Tony Esposito
5. Must-Watch player for next 10 yrs: Nathan MacKinnon

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
1. Player that made you fall in love with hockey: Bryan Trottier

2. Favorite player today: Patrice Bergeron

3. Rival you most respect: Montreal. Fans turn out in droves even when they suck. They are also super passionate about the game.

4. Favorite goalie as a kid: Pelle Lindbergh

5. Player you're most excited to watch for the next 10 years: Charlie McAvoy

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m going to cheat and name 2 for each.\

Player that made me fall in love with hockey: I don’t know if was any one player, but Ray Bourque is my all-time favorite player. Bill Guerin is a close 2nd.

Favorite Player today: Patrice Bergeron on the Bruins, Doughty for Non-Bruins

Rival I most respect: Toronto – my old man is a Leafs fan. If they hadn’t moved to the same conference as the Bruins they’d likely be my 2nd favorite team……distant 2nd.

Favorite Goalie as a kid: Moog and Ranford

Player I’m most excited to watch the next 10 years. Brady Tkachuk for his entertainment value, Cale Makar for his speed and skill.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
1. On a really early level Sundin was the first player that got me really interested in the NHL. It was Thornton/Samsonov that originally drew me in to the Bruins, but Bergeron was the one that got me looking more in depth at the sport itself.

2. Bergeron, most of my other 24k posts on this site will tell you why.

3. The Blues aren't typical rivals, but there's definitely something brewing with them after the Final last year. I can appreciate holding out so long for a championship, how they built their team (vs. so many others just exclusively relying on hitting top flight forwards in the first pick or two of the draft), and the brand of hockey they play.

As a more typical answer, I don't respect the Canadiens at all, but I do appreciate the intensity of the rivalry, there's nothing quite like it.

4. I was a big fan of Kolzig. I think a lot of it was just the weirdness of his name and his background.

5. It's tough to not say Pasta. I will say though that if Studnicka develops as a top 6 C, it will be him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
1. Player that made you fall in love with hockey: Bryan Trottier

2. Favorite player today: Patrice Bergeron

3. Rival you most respect: Montreal. Fans turn out in droves even when they suck. They are also super passionate about the game.

4. Favorite goalie as a kid: Pelle Lindbergh

5. Player you're most excited to watch for the next 10 years: Charlie McAvoy

Man, I still remember the day it came out that Lindbergh had passed away. Was so tragic.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
1. Nifty/Ray
2. Probably a tie between Krejci, Pasta, and Chuckie
3. Habs
4. Doug Keans -> Andy Moog -> Timmy (but I was obviously only a kid at heart at that point!)
5. My own kid! (who's a goalie) -- It didn't say NHLer! :D (on the Bruins it is CM and Pasta)

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
1. Bobby Orr - it was 1969...who else?

2. Bergeron - plays the game the right way

3. Habs as well - grew up in Mtl hating them, and nothing has changed (except they are terrible now)

4. Tony Espositio - not sure why, probably the uniforms

5- Brandon Carlo - have been watching him get better every season, and if stays with the Bruins throughout those 10 years, there's going to be alot watch as he improves even more.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
1) Joe Thornton

2) Jake DeBrusk/ Torey Krug

3) Montreal. Hate them but you must respect them.

4) Hannu Toivonen

5) Jake DeBrusk. Honestly my favorite Bruin right now and I am so excited to see how his career pans out.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
1. Pavel Bure
2. David Pastrnak
3. Evgeni Nabokov
4. Montreal
5. David Pastrnak/Nathan MacKinnon/Connor McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events