Sportsnet: Hockey Central - Much Criticism From GM on down

ForSpareParts*

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on-demand/#rotation=1

They'll put the repeat show up probably around 1:40pm.

Maclean, Kyper, and Mallard with a lot of strong statements about this team and this collapse.

Mac: "Before we talk about the coach, I really question the character of this group of players. This is the second time this group of players have fallen apart. They did it with Wilson and now with Carlyle."

"This group is not tough enough mentally."

Mallard: "Is Dion Phaneuf back as the captain?"

Kyper: "If you strip him of his captaincy you might as well trade him. He does not have the personality to handle being stripped of the captaincy."

Mallard: "I'm not sure you can bring him back as captain after what you've witnessed the last three years. When times got tough, that's three consecutive EPIC collapses."

Kyper: "You need to trade him"

Mallard:"If he's not the captain wearing that C, he still has an obligation to play his butt off."

ForSpareParts*

BTW - The consensus was that RC will most likely take the fall, but it's really not his fault. That some of the players need to be moved from this core group. Nonis will likely be ok (job is safe).

Durkin67

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on-demand/#rotation=1

They'll put the repeat show up probably around 1:40pm.

Maclean, Kyper, and Mallard with a lot of strong statements about this team and this collapse.

Mac: "Before we talk about the coach, I really question the character of this group of players. This is the second time this group of players have fallen apart. They did it with Wilson and now with Carlyle."

"This group is not tough enough mentally."

Mallard: "Is Dion Phaneuf back as the captain?"

Kyper: "If you strip him of his captaincy you might as well trade him. He does not have the personality to handle being stripped of the captaincy."

Mallard: "I'm not sure you can bring him back as captain after what you've witnessed the last three years. When times got tough, that's three consecutive EPIC collapses."

Kyper: "You need to trade him"

Mallard:"If he's not the captain wearing that C, he still has an obligation to play his butt off."

I've beenn beating this drum for weeks. they are not mentally resilient enough to win. And that has sweet eff all to do with systems, or coaching, thats on the players and them alone.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I've beenn beating this drum for weeks. they are not mentally resilient enough to win. And that has sweet eff all to do with systems, or coaching, thats on the players and them alone.

**** SHOW ...:laugh:

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

People blaming Carlyle have to remember that this group has failed for two coaches now.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dream, Markham gets team MLSE takes over Markham with all assets and new ownership groups buys the TML name and rebuilds them from scratch

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They hit it spot on with Phaneuf .. I think they should explore trading him, before his NMC kicks in this summer

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That show sounds like any number of redundant threads here.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That show sounds like any number of redundant threads here.

They are people far more credible than you. Professionals, people in the business with actual connections telling it like it is. Who are you again? You're an "invalid" like me when it comes to these matters. We either share the opinions of pros or don't, the difference is what they say holds water.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
True, accept that the opinions aren't expressed by emotional fans.

They certainly aren't unbiased.

Anyway, point was they aren't covering anything groundbreaking here.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They hit it spot on with Phaneuf .. I think they should explore trading him, before his NMC kicks in this summer

in all honesty - becuse him staying here could be very very ugly - i'd just trade him, franson, and whatever for Edmonton's first. he's from Edmonton. he won't be the 'focal' point there. he can just play hockey.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Can't argue with that

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Have they discussed whether there is a Market for him? It takes two to make a trade.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Have they discussed whether there is a Market for him? It takes two to make a trade.

If there is no market for him what does that say about him?

How could there not be a market for him?

He's a top 25 defender who has ben part of these collapses, maybe it just isn't something he should be asked to go through again.

Oct 19, 2007
in all honesty - becuse him staying here could be very very ugly - i'd just trade him, franson, and whatever for Edmonton's first. he's from Edmonton. he won't be the 'focal' point there. he can just play hockey.

Daisy why would Edmonton do that ? If he is no good in Toronto then why would they give up a potential Phaneuf ( or better ) in the draft.. Do you think that the Edmonton team would do it just to relieve the Leafs of their problems ? :sarcasm:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
People blaming Carlyle have to remember that this group has failed for two coaches now.
And without a doubt there is a personnel problem. Enough guys in that group have fallen apart too often.

Yet that side doesn't mean there isn't a coaching problem. Carlyle has made boneheaded decisions over the past seasons and this whole year he's been baffled. If he can't figure things out then there's no reason to be keeping him around.

Move some players out, but you also fire him.

Oct 19, 2007
I think that is a good question.. I would suggest that if other teams in the league value Phaneuf as does this board, they would expect to take his contract and other pieces for little in return. Phaneuf along with Kadri and Gardiner for a top 5 draft pick is about what Phaneuf is valued by this board..:cry:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
you see

the tittle of this thread says IT ALL TO ME!!!

GM on down ahahahahah.

we never dig deep enough and get to the top of the food chain.

well ,I should not be shocked, they are employees of those same folks.

until "just making it into the playoffs" is not the #1 first priority of this organisation then it will never change.

we have folks here kvetching about "taking a step back"

ask yourself "back from what?" 8/9/10/11th last?

take a step back from that half season anomaly where we finished 2 points ahead of the 14th last place spot?

or take a step back from our last 82 game season, what was that again 5th last?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad