Hockey Canada is to Blame

Pushkin

Aug 29, 2010
One of the worst thread ever. Yeah let's go back to goon hockey when we had Corson's on Olympic teams... That would be very intelligent especially since now hockey refs are closer to real sports referees unlike WWF wrestling refs you had before...Probably the less intelligent post in a long time.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
And hated, disrespected, humiliated, laughed at etc etc...

It all links to the cockiness of your indoctrinated kids. And for this - you should blame your media and your fancy Hockey Canada. But for the loss? Not quite.

I'd say the pettiness of people on the internet anonymously willing to "hate, disrespect, humiliate and laugh at" a bunch of kids playing in a junior tournament is a much more concerning issue.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I'd say the pettiness of people on the internet anonymously willing to "hate, disrespect, humiliate and laugh at" a bunch of kids playing in a junior tournament is a much more concerning issue.

There really not kids besides can you name any sport in any country that does not get excited about a event like this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Yeah I just said I attend CHL games for more than 40 yrs , so I can judge just fine thanks

For someone as old as yourself (don't get all upset, I am an old guy too), what you are saying tells me you lack judgement.

As someone previously said, sometimes you just lose a game (that was brillaint in its simplicity, btw).

A program is not defined by one, two, or even ten losses.

If you are wise enough to look at the big picture, something our recently departed (uh, wonder why) friend Evil Romano was not, then you would see that the program is just fine.

Expecting to win every tournament every time out is arrogant, foolish, and shows a lack of respect for your opposition. I would say the only issue we have as a hockey nation is that some people (like yourself), lack the respect for our opponents that we need to keep our edge.

Whether you have seen 1000 junior games or none, I think most people would agree that makes sense.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Canada didn't lost because they weren't playing physical. They lost because they stopped forechecking/pressuring, and that doesn't have much to do with Hockey Canada. Cameron made A LOT of tactical mistakes in the 3rd period, and HC has nothing to do with it (unless you're blaming them for taking Cameron in the first place).

EDIT : Not the mention the Russia squad that went on fire in the 3rd.

Last edited:

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
3b9f4cf5-burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg

Tournament is over. What's done is done. Can we move on now?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Holy Moly :amazed: Give some credit to other teams.

Well, the OP was blaming HC for their views on the game. It doesn't have much to do with "other teams"...

It's like - let's say somebody blames Hockey Sweden for the lack of emphasis on... let's say, goaltending. If they lose an important game, that "game" would be evidence of the "problem", not the problem in itself.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Or maybe it is impossible to win every single game? Talk about an overreaction. Canada is still the dominate force in hockey.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I do blame Hockey Canada for not allowing us to reach our potential but we have been winning a lot and they've been doing a lot of things right.

I blame them more for their team selection and selection policy (aka, not picking the most skilled players available like Hishon). And I agree what the other poster said about CHL being big business in Canada and this tournament interrupts that, it should happen after the Mem cup and European seasons.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
5 golds and 5 silvers in the last 10 tournaments.. Nobody else is even close to that success.. and yet people still ***** and moan.

We can't win them all, no matter who coaches or picks the team. We should be congratulating Russia and moving on. They had a lot of heart.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The experts at Hockey Canada should look at themselves for the collapse of Team Canada and what they have done to Junior Hockey in this country.

Canada used to be known for PASSION and HEART as well as INTIMIDATION of our opponnents.

Hockey Canada has taken the life out of Junior Hockey with their rules and over officiating of games .

What do we see now??

Sweden runs around like they own the rink , and pretty much physically dominate us in our game vs them

Russia shows the Passion and Heart to score 5 goals in the 3rd period to Win Gold.

Its time to wake up Canada Hockey and get back to what has always made us great!

PASION,HEART.INTIMIDATION with a dash of SKILL..

A truly ridiculous post.

Schenn Him

Mar 19, 2008
SK
thehamiltonian.wordpress.com
If Hockey Canada is to blame for anything - its for sucking the fun out of hockey for these kids.

Every team at this tournament looked like they were enjoying it more than Team Canada. They are so afraid of saying something wrong, or offending someone its uncomfortable to watch.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
If Hockey Canada is to blame for anything - its for sucking the fun out of hockey for these kids.

Every team at this tournament looked like they were enjoying it more than Team Canada. They are so afraid of saying something wrong, or offending someone its uncomfortable to watch.

Actually, a brilliant post.

But in truth, we are all to blame for that a little bit. Use this thread as proof.

stupo19*

Glad Canada lost! especially for all those A S S E S wearing Canada jerseys holding signs routing for the team playin U.S! Strokes!

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
In the past, I've found that Team Canada takes players based on draft position. That's always something that's annoyed me

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
In the past, I've found that Team Canada takes players based on draft position. That's always something that's annoyed me

True, but in all fairness, what would happen if they took "hot" undrafted or poorly drafted players, and we got the doors blown off of us? Or even if we got a bronze? Look at the reaction around here to a silver, for God's sake.

Bronze or worse? Everyone gets fired. Top picks are safe choices.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
I agree on one point - that Canadians should blame Hockey Canada for indoctrinating these kids that they are gods and superior. You whole tactical and developmental program, your announcers; your media and your "climate" in general, practically tells these kids that they have nothing to worry about. That they will always win once they step on the ice. Look where it got you.

Other than that, I do find this thread - as well as the excuse - rather meaningless.
Your bitterness towards Canadian hockey is laughable. We lost just last year, do you really think the Canadian players thought they were invincible? They were maybe cocky, but I highly doubt they thought they could stomp on everyone. Beside, Canada has done EXTREMELY at the WJC for the past 10 years. It is perfectly natural that we feel superior and overconfident. Is it right? No, but it's a natural reaction.

As for this thread, ridiculous. Sometime other teams are simply superior. No one wins forever.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was listening to The Fan 590, and I can't remember who the host was but he made a pretty interesting observation.

I wasn't around for the Summit Series, but he pointed out how stoic the Russians were at the time. No celebrating, for goals or wins. Just stone-faced determination, a well-oiled hockey machine. Canada, on the other hand, had all the pomp and bravado, all the chest-thumping flair and adrenaline that helps promote excitement in hockey.

Fast forward to this year's WJC, and it was a complete reversal. The Russians had flash, finesse, and when all was said and done, celebrated like madmen, hollering and shouting with glee. Canada, on the other hand, remained largely stoic and subdued throughout the tourney, albeit in defeat. Two colossal hockey powerhouses, seemingly switching places over a span of three decades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad