Hockey 101 with Snoop Dogg

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Um..it's QUITE obvious that is what they are doing, so i'm a racist for pointing out the obvious? Calm down there. No need to get so easily offended over nothing.

I'm not offended since you obviously don't mean to offend but i think you underestimate how delicate a subject this is and that you really cant just make sweeping statements like you did. When it comes to race subjects it is better to just not say anything and I'll take my own advice and exit this conversation.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not offended since you obviously don't mean to offend but i think you underestimate how delicate a subject this is and that you really cant just make sweeping statements like you did. When it comes to race subjects it is better to just not say anything and I'll take my own advice and exit this conversation.

Alright then i apologize, that's not how i meant it come across. In the end i only meant it is a good thing because more fans the better :)

Reactions: TheNeutrality

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Snoop is just a comedic meme at this point. White corporations just buy his services to act "hip"...it's so forced and full of cringe. He hasn't been relevant in like 20 years. Why not hire Vanilla Ice and Kris Kross too?

You're putting Snoop with Vanilla Ice and Kriss Kross?

Snoop is iconic in the music industry. The others are one hit wonders. I'm definitely not a fan of the dude's music, but he's huge my friend.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Amazing stuff. They were talking about this on TSN1200's variety segment (Leftover 5 on the Drive, lighter side of sports) and when Shawn Simpson started talking, I just shut it off because you can't follow up the Dogg Father with lukewarm tryhard leftovers.

Love it, need more episodes, STAT.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Snoop is just a comedic meme at this point. White corporations just buy his services to act "hip"...it's so forced and full of cringe. He hasn't been relevant in like 20 years. Why not hire Vanilla Ice and Kris Kross too?

Not much of a Snoop fan as I use to be but...

Snoop is and and will always be relevant for a long time. While he's not putting as much in music as he use to, he'll always be known at the high end tiers in the rap/hip hop industry. That itself will provide him consistent relevancy. He's also a cultural and media icon who will gravitate and support whatever he finds to be fun, so essentially he receives media spotlight for the various stuff he produces/promotes/talks about. A lot of people in current times that don't listen to rap/hip hop still know him or his name.

Putting Snoop in the same sentence compared to the likes of Kris Kross and Vanilla Ice, shows your ignorance.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
You're putting Snoop with Vanilla Ice and Kriss Kross?

Snoop is iconic in the music industry. The others are one hit wonders. I'm definitely not a fan of the dude's music, but he's huge my friend.

He's a glorified meme and a joke. He hasn't gone platinum in a decade. Hasn't hit top of the record charts in exactly 20 years. He broke onto the scene with a bang, but he's so played out as he totally lost his edge. The only reason his name is out there now is because he sold out to being this cringey fo shizzle ma nizzle meme. Can you name any of his solo songs from the past 20 years without googling? Yah, thought so.

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
Snoop is one of the best entertainers on Earth.

Saw this on Facebook and oh dear the comment section was hard to read. Middle-aged rednecks really didn't like his presence in the ads.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Not much of a Snoop fan as I use to be but...

Snoop is and and will always be relevant for a long time. While he's not putting as much in music as he use to, he'll always be known at the high end tiers in the rap/hip hop industry. That itself will provide him consistent relevancy. He's also a cultural and media icon who will gravitate and support whatever he finds to be fun, so essentially he receives media spotlight for the various stuff he produces/promotes/talks about. A lot of people in current times that don't listen to rap/hip hop still know him or his name.

Putting Snoop in the same sentence compared to the likes of Kris Kross and Vanilla Ice, shows your ignorance.

None of the things you listed lighten the fact that he isn't cringey. I'm sure he makes Tupac roll in his grave.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
None of the things you listed lighten the fact that he isn't cringey. I'm sure he makes Tupac roll in his grave.

First of all this statement on Snoop is not a fact since it's not supported by the major consensus to begin with. and... what you deem "cringey", a lot of others don't.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
He's a glorified meme and a joke. He hasn't gone platinum in a decade. Hasn't hit top of the record charts in exactly 20 years. He broke onto the scene with a bang, but he's so played out as he totally lost his edge. The only reason his name is out there now is because he sold out to being this cringey fo shizzle ma nizzle meme. Can you name any of his solo songs from the past 20 years without googling? Yah, thought so.

Did you listen to Snoops most recent hip-hop record? It's pretty good. Not a classic but a solid, well-reviewed album with some good songs and very few misses. Snoop can still spit, he was also hilarious in the Boondocks and is a huge cultural icon.

So, despite your (hopefully satirical but, if not, incredibly obnoxious) name.... you're wrong.

Reactions: stl76

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I think he just likes hockey.
SnoopDogPHX.jpg

washington-capitals-jersey.jpg

anaheim-ducks-jersey.jpg

ottawa-senators-jersey.jpg

snoop-subban.jpg

boston-bruins-sweatshirt.png

Watch out Jagr.

Reactions: HanSolo

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I didn't know Gretzky started the team photo tradition after a cup win.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Snoop dog, Kid Rock, and the demographic that spends the most on NHL tickets and merchandise are all about the same age, just sayin

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Did you really just compare two one hit wonders to one of the biggest hip hop stars of all time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad