News: Hobey Baker winner Will Butcher Confirmed to test UFA market August 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Really hoping he comes here, unlike Vesey last year I'm really confident that he'll pick the Sabres.

I think his best choices, besides the AVs, would be Buffalo and NJD. If he decides on LA or LV, he'll be buried in the depth charts with bigger and more experienced players. He needs a team with a LHD need that has an easier path to the NHL, both Buffalo (my choice) and NJD are the better options.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The thing with Buffalo is that he'd be behind 4 lhd who are all young and that's with putting left handed Antipin on the right side and assuming Gorges is out after this year (which he is). That still leaves Scandella, McCabe, Beaulieu with Guhle coming up fast.

The dire need there is rhd where they have 2 guys and one is crappy Zach Bogosian.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I get the feeling Botteril would have wanted Butcher to do a full year in Amerks for seasoning, a theme Botteril has stressed since he was hired. And as ACE has said, Buffalo's LHD situation is much more saturated than their RHD. It's not stellar by any stretch, but it would be a harder depth chart to climb.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
With Lee going to the Kings, you would have to think that NJ are the heavy favorites now. Buffalo, I believe were named out of the sweepstakes so to me, that would leave the Devils and the Golden Knights

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Don't think he amounts to too much either but if the Devils sign him (and it looks like a fair likelihood at this point), they basically traded Kerfoot for Butcher.. and I'd take that deal given the positional need.

Worst case scenario he's another LHD body at camp that can provide some low-end competition.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
With Lee going to the Kings, you would have to think that NJ are the heavy favorites now. Buffalo, I believe were named out of the sweepstakes so to me, that would leave the Devils and the Golden Knights

Not really i see Lee is a player we use for just the preseason. Butcher would probably start in the ahl either way and gets a call up when ready

Feb 24, 2017
Don't think he amounts to too much either but if the Devils sign him (and it looks like a fair likelihood at this point), they basically traded Kerfoot for Butcher.. and I'd take that deal given the positional need.

Worst case scenario he's another LHD body at camp that can provide some low-end competition.

No. They didn't make a trade. They got left at the alter by Kerfoot. They just happen to maybe be picking up the Avs' runaway bride. The ideal would have been having both.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
I bet Buffalo, but then again he doesn't seem that great of a prospect. His highest ceiling should be a #5-6

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
No. They didn't make a trade. They got left at the alter by Kerfoot. They just happen to maybe be picking up the Avs' runaway bride. The ideal would have been having both.

There's a reason I didn't write "literally traded".

We, in effect, just traded Kerfoot for Butcher. There's really no way to argue that.. and is there even a point? What a weird thing to be upset about..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca