News: Hobey Baker winner Will Butcher Confirmed to test UFA market August 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd say leaving the Avs changes that outlook. Good move for him.

True.

He had basically not shot at an NHL future with the Avs prospect depth on Defense.

Leaving the Avs gives him an opportunity to go somewhere where he might be further ahead on the depth chart. Although, with his skills that's pretty unlikely.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
True.

He had basically not shot at an NHL future with the Avs prospect depth on Defense.

Leaving the Avs gives him an opportunity to go somewhere where he might be further ahead on the depth chart. Although, with his skills that's pretty unlikely.

He's leaving an organization that sucks terribly at development. I don't think that's why he's leaving based on what's been said, but the Avs are not the place to be to develop if you're a questionable prospect.

If Butcher's smart, he'll join a quality organization, e.g. a Nashville, and accept at least a year of AHL time and work on his mobility and defense. If he's dumb and demands a team grant him NHL time starting next year and rushes himself (if any are even willing...), then I don't think he'll ever amount to much.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Don't like seeing players do this. Don't like the NCAA rules at all really. I will think less of the player for their entire career.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Can't wait to see which of the super big market teams he goes to.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Don't like seeing players do this. Don't like the NCAA rules at all really. I will think less of the player for their entire career.

Think less of the Avs, who one year ago told him he's wasn't in their future plans and wouldn't be tendered a contract. After he wins the Hobey, they changed their mind and tried to sign him.

I'd tell them to get bent to.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah this one is on the Avs because they didn't care for him a year ago. This isn't Petersen who Buffalo worked with every year and tried to sign way before he came out and was in their plans and who they took care of in a place that drafted, developed and doesn't have anything proven in front of him. That kind of person is a piece of garbage

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

The way I look at it, if you're willing to give up four years in the NHL (Potentially) and lose fours years of an ELC contract, you should get to pick.

Think less of the Avs, who one year ago told him he's wasn't in their future plans and wouldn't be tendered a contract. After he wins the Hobey, they changed their mind and tried to sign him.

I'd tell them to get bent to.

Exactly. I didn't realize this until I did the search on him and read the stories. Once you don't show faith in a player, that grudge is there man.

I can see a team picking him up and sticking him in the AHL. I thinking more Mike Reilly on this guy.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
he will sign with the Rangers

This has NJ Devils written all over it. Immediate playing time, young, up-and-coming team with 2 former 1st overall picks and play with Severson on the right or be the PMD on another pairing and PP2 behind Severson.

I'm sure there are a couple others that can offer good situations, but I'll bet NJ is all over it and it would be a great move for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad