U18: Hlinka Semis

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Make a f***ing good save. Just one. Please. Every single good chance goes in. That wasn’t even a good shot.

10 minutes of minor penalties in 15 minutes of play.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Make a f***ing good save. Just one. Please. Every single good chance goes in. That wasn’t even a good shot.

Man, I'm certain if they put some pads on a position player they wouldn't be as bad as the goaltending we've gotten in this tournament.

Reactions: Dominance

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

If the penalty fest continues - both sides, I'm not going to watch. I'll just go for a walk / swim. Life's too short to watch a game like this.

Reactions: Dominance

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Man, I'm certain if they put some pads on a position player they wouldn't be as bad as the goaltending we've gotten in this tournament.
He's stopped a SH breakaway and a one timer from the slot by Zellers just in the last 5 minutes. Both goals were perfectly placed shots from the US' best shooters with time and space in the slot, there isn't a goalie in the world at this age making those saves consistently.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs come out flying and dominate the period.

BUT Finn's never die.. score late on a gorgeous shot and 1 goal game.

Not surprised at all by this of course... We lose to Finland in 2 ways...

We outplay them but they get timely goals.

They outplay us and we lose.

So 2-1 and I am far from comfortable.

Ftr... Now in Colorado watching.. third state ive watched a game in.. Utah, Wyoming and now Colorado

Reactions: Voodoozz

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
He's stopped a SH breakaway and a one timer from the slot by Zellers just in the last 5 minutes. Both goals were perfectly placed shots from the US' best shooters with time and space in the slot, there isn't a goalie in the world at this age making those saves consistently.

We have very different definitions of perfectly placed shots. Those were both awful goals that should be saved. I've been watching this tournament for well over a decade there are certainly goalies at this level that can make those saves.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Czechs come out flying and dominate the period.

BUT Finn's never die.. score late on a gorgeous shot and 1 goal game.

Not surprised at all by this of course... We lose to Finland in 2 ways...

We outplay them but they get timely goals.

They outplay us and we lose.

So 2-1 and I am far from comfortable.

Ftr... Now in Colorado watching.. third state ive watched a game in.. Utah, Wyoming and now Colorado
Don't worry, my friend, you are good.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Don't worry, my friend, you are good.
I like Finn hockey... Big fan. They bend but don't break. Plus sold out arena and a bunch of emotional Czech kids. This is going to be a shitshow!

2-1 US? How does it look over there?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I've never been a traveler but I think it would be nice to see that part of the world.

I like Finn hockey... Big fan. They bend but don't break. Plus sold out arena and a bunch of emotional Czech kids. This is going to be a shitshow!

2-1 US? How does it look over there?
It has been a penalty fest in period one - 7 or 8 in total.

Canada was the better team during the first 10 minutes.
The U.S. was the better team during the second 10 minutes.

Reactions: Czechboy

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
We have very different definitions of perfectly placed shots. Those were both awful goals that should be saved. I've been watching this tournament for well over a decade there are certainly goalies at this level that can make those saves.
I have been watching this age level of hockey for my entire life, even in the NHL, those opportunities would have been classified as very high danger, literally a breakaway and a wide open shot from the slot after a behind the net, cross crease pass where he has time to dust it off. Zeller catches the goalie on his push leg with his shot timing, and Connelly goes perfectly over the blocker against the grain.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Now watching the Czech-Finn match on Youtube, because TSN2 is showing billiards.

In neutral games I usually cheer for the country I've visited, but I've been to Finland and Czechia, so what do I do?

Gonna cheer for the kids in red, because the Habs wear red and the Leafs wear blue and that seems as good a reason as any?

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
I have been watching this age level of hockey for my entire life, even in the NHL, those opportunities would have been classified as very high danger, literally a breakaway and a wide open shot from the slot after a behind the net, cross crease pass where he has time to dust it off. Zeller catches the goalie on his push leg with his shot timing, and Connelly goes perfectly over the blocker against the grain.
Come on dude. That first goal was horrendous at any level of hockey. Maybe watch it again:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad