U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Is there any way to watch this game?
Here is the GameSheet from that match if you didn´t see but link for that match probably doesn´t exist anymore.

Slovakia 17 – USA 17 3:5 (0:4, 2:0, 1:1)
Goals:
28. Tomka (Misak, V. Dravecky), 31. V. Dravecky (Cunderlik), 52. Straka (A. Misiak) – 2. Fiddler, 2. Spehar (Simpson), 4. Jette, 13. Spehar (Klaers, Dennis), 46. Kevan (Murphy, Spehar)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Far too optimistic for the Czech Republic. After the match with the Swedes, I would say that it is 50/50 and I may have added some percentage to the Czechs. Although this tournament cannot be predicted at all, anything can happen...
I guess my prediction was spot on. Not surprised one bit.

Reactions: Goodman68

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Yes I am aware that more than 5-8 core players were missing from the roster but it doesn't matter you shouldn't be losing 0:3 - 2 minutes into the game
Agreed but the result is very positive. We lost 5-3 to the USA NTDP, last year the score was 8-2. And the shots of the game were like 30-27 in favour of USA in the 5-3 loss. Pradel actually made a handful of very impressive saves and from the highlights I saw it was goals scored that were almost impossible for him to stop.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed but the result is very positive. We lost 5-3 to the USA NTDP, last year the score was 8-2. And the shots of the game were like 30-27 in favour of USA in the 5-3 loss. Pradel actually made a handful of very impressive saves and from the highlights I saw it was goals scored that were almost impossible for him to stop.
One small correction, not the NTDP. It’s essentially the “B” team, but there are still likely some very good players on that team.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
One small correction, not the NTDP. It’s essentially the “B” team, but there are still likely some very good players on that team.
Oh okay makes sense, was just going off the Slovak site which didn’t really clarify. I wonder if that’s also why Slovaks didn’t send/play their top 07 or 08’s just knowing that it wasn’t a best on best tournament.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Here is the GameSheet from that match if you didn´t see but link for that match probably doesn´t exist anymore.

Slovakia 17 – USA 17 3:5 (0:4, 2:0, 1:1)
Goals:
28. Tomka (Misak, V. Dravecky), 31. V. Dravecky (Cunderlik), 52. Straka (A. Misiak) – 2. Fiddler, 2. Spehar (Simpson), 4. Jette, 13. Spehar (Klaers, Dennis), 46. Kevan (Murphy, Spehar)
Maybe it's the edibles, but I thought this game was 17-17 and I was like where's the f***ing hype around that.

Reactions: wetcoast

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I guess my prediction was spot on. Not surprised one bit.
I haven't seen a single game of Finland, but they are always a tough opponent, they have been better overall than us for a long time, and they beat Canada here in the tournament.. And even though they struggled with the rest, this was a huge surprise for me. Mainly the way we dominated the game.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad