GDT: Hlinka Gretzky Cup | Game 1: SUI vs. CAN @ 7 PM @ Rogers Place

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It was extremely close and without video replay almost impossible for the refs to make the right call. I sincerely feel bad for the US team but that by no means is the fault of anyone on the ice, refs or players. It may have been a hollow victory for some fans and media but it didn't seem to be for the players.

It is definitely not the fault of any of the players, and as much as it sucks for the American players to have been robbed of a victory, it also sucks (not to the same extent, obviously) for the Canadian players that their gold medal will always be viewed with an asterisk, through no fault of their own.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was extremely close and without video replay almost impossible for the refs to make the right call. I sincerely feel bad for the US team but that by no means is the fault of anyone on the ice, refs or players. It may have been a hollow victory for some fans and media but it didn't seem to be for the players.

As I mentioned previously there is no excuse for a televised tournament of that caliber to not have access to the video reply. The tournament organizers are completely to blame for this. 100%.
Its unjustifiable. It truly is embarrassing IMO.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
As I mentioned previously there is no excuse for a televised tournament of that caliber to not have access to the video reply. The tournament organizers are completely to blame for this. 100%.
Its unjustifiable. It truly is embarrassing IMO.
Yes I agree about the video review not being available is totally unacceptable.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It is definitely not the fault of any of the players, and as much as it sucks for the American players to have been robbed of a victory, it also sucks (not to the same extent, obviously) for the Canadian players that their gold medal will always be viewed with an asterisk, through no fault of their own.

no asterisk for me. ref error is part of sports

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
This isn't even ref error though. This is for some reason a game played in 1990 even though the calendar shows 2018.

Games played in 2018 should also be televised. It's not like Servus Arena is a community rink with no place for TV cameras. And TSN should have more than one PBP and one colour guy during the summer.

BTW, it was hard not to notice the mesh all around the rink in Red Deer. Makes you wonder if it's to protect the crowd or to protect the players from flying beer bottles. :D

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
A lot of criticism here for a U18 tourney. I attended and really enjoyed the hockey. Tickets were reasonably priced. I'm sure as this tournament gains some favor here improvements will be made. It was a lot better than some of you make it out to be.

Reactions: MoneyGuy

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
A lot of criticism here for a U18 tourney. I attended and really enjoyed the hockey. Tickets were reasonably priced. I'm sure as this tournament gains some favor here improvements will be made. It was a lot better than some of you make it out to be.
I attended the 10-0 thriller. I think this is a severely underrated event.

Reactions: McTedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad