GDT: Hlinka Gretzky Cup | Game 1: SUI vs. CAN @ 7 PM @ Rogers Place

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Doesn't look like TSN has any of the games in Red Deer. Nor is there any radio. I guess Miller and Button were the only hockey guys available. Maybe the others got aid off for the summer. Seasonal work.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Thinking about going to the canada sweden game wednesday.
Just wondering if Canada is the home team in all games?
Want to get seats in the attack twice end.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I just got home from the game. Final was 10-0 so it was as boring as all ****.

That Canada team is really skilled. It is great hockey, or will be once they play a good team. I can’t believe some think $20 is expensive for this calibre of hockey. It’s the highest level of best-on-best hockey in the world, maybe the only one. These kids are future NHL'rs.

It's a sweet deal. We even parked free a block away on the street as it’s free Sundays and holidays. Go. You’ll be glad you did.

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Those black third jerseys that Hockey Canada debuted tonight are absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad they stopped pumping out new jerseys every year like they were in the early 2010s and have stuck with the current kit for a couple of years now as they're fantastic and this is an amazing addition to what they're already using.

(Attached random tweet just for full pic of uniform)

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Alexis Lafrenier just scored.

Who else should I be watching out for on Canada?

(BTW is it illegal to post a link to the stream im using on HF boards?)

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
More than 50 people show up for the Canada game?

Probably around 7000 for the first Canada game and maybe around 5000 for Canada’s 2nd game.

A lot better than the 11,000 total that the tournament averaged for the entire event in Czech.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Anyone have a report on Michael Vukojevic from these games? Really loving this kids game from what I saw at the end of the year in Kitchener and in the playoffs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Probably around 7000 for the first Canada game and maybe around 5000 for Canada’s 2nd game.

A lot better than the 11,000 total that the tournament averaged for the entire event in Czech.
It was embarrassing to see the first game how many people were there. Should find a way to give free tickets away to kids

Not a good time though for a tourney in Edmonton. Prime vacation week for a lot of people. I would've thought temperature would discourage people as well, but I think the smoke is offsetting that.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
It was embarrassing to see the first game how many people were there. Should find a way to give free tickets away to kids

Not a good time though for a tourney in Edmonton. Prime vacation week for a lot of people. I would've thought temperature would discourage people as well, but I think the smoke is offsetting that.

Most people aren’t taking time out of their summer afternoons or booking days off work to watch Switzerland/Slovakia hockey games that Canada isn’t playing in you know what I mean?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Was watching the Slovakia/Switzerland game on a PVR delay until the TSN1 signal crapped out 1:31 into the third. Have to watch the rest when they upload the game to their site. Doesn't matter if it's still out of order as it's only on 3 and 5.

Edit: Turns out it my PVR that crapped out.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The 3 games in 3 nights thing for each team is a little much, isn't it? I get that it's more common in junior hockey but surely they can space it out a little more for a tournament so that the teams can get some more rest? All the teams were gassed by the 3rd period tonight.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Couldn't find this thread - thought maybe it hit 1000 posts already...

Canada gets a break at the last second - what a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad