Post-Game Talk: Hitchiking to a playoff spot

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If the Oilers make the playoffs, McDavid should be given the Hart trophy even if Rantanen wins the Art Ross. It would be a flip-flop of last year. McDavid would deserve it for putting the team on his back and carrying it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Regular people less time but hockey they need to make sure it's completely healthy or it breaks again

Actually in hockey you can probably "cheat" by having a customized glove made that provides the finger with extra protection.

Broken finger might be tougher in basketball where you can't really wear a glove.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I feel that without Koskinen in net we get our asses reamed out 10-6. He made so many five alarm saves. Haven’t seen that since Ben Scrivens in that one record breaking night.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I feel that without Koskinen in net we get our asses reamed out 10-6. He made so many five alarm saves. Haven’t seen that since Ben Scrivens in that one record breaking night.
We also hit a post and Nuge was robbed on a breakaway. Bennings late penalty was non sense and gave them a 6 on 4 then 6 on 5 for the final 4 minutes where they had a crazy fleury of chances. Beyond that we were completely in control of this game.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Guess I should've changed my avatar way earlier, the Oil are on a winning streak since then. Pessimistic jinx works once again.. :laugh:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Klefbom is a monumental loss. 4th overall in the entire league in ice team and for good reason.
Darnell Nurse now has the green light to step it up. He is the new #1 dman until Klef returns, and last season, he took that bull by the horn and rode it for his best season thus far.

Playoff spot, oh yeah, feels good man

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

EDM was definitely not very sharp for the first 25 minutes or so outside of McDavid and Koskinen but once they started working harder they dominated and it was essentially over after that. Too much standing around in the third but with such a big lead it's understandable. Why work harder than you have to when you're winning by 4. lol.

Basically both teams couldn't handle each other's respective top lines.

Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Yep, I’d rather Klefbom freeze his finger, take a painkiller and suit up for 10min a night then go with Wideman or Garrison. I mean it’s just a finger, suck it up

Yeah we have like 10 fingers so missing one is no biggie right?

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
There were a few cases in the NHL I found where it was 2-3 weeks.

Fingers crossed fellas.
Depends on which finger it is. If you think about it, when holding the stick, there are certain fingers that are more important than others when shooting or stick handling. Some are just ‘there’ yet others are important.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I listened to the 630 CHED game highlights, and I dunno why but Jack Michaels was really subdued with his goal calls tonight. Like on all 6 Oiler goals he sounded like he was half asleep.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Down early, pull the Tendy, star players try to battle back, still loose 6-4... used to be our theme. Not any more!

Ride, ride, ride, Hitchin' a ride!

Song came out when Hitch was 18 u guys:

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Was out being drunk last night so I kinda sorta watched the game, but got to see the highlight package this morning.

The good:
Nuge - just everything, he’s so good
Draisaitl’s backhand sauce
Kostko

The bad:
Taking a penalty with less than 3 minutes left
PP- we scored twice but it still looks like ass
Defense let something to be desired

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad