Post-Game Talk: Hitch puts Koalas on the endangered species list

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Dubs is an NHL goalie. How is it not a legitimate comparison. The other day I stated That Talbot didn't forget how to be a NHL starter in one season and somebody (was it you) mentioned Lucic, as if that was a valid comparison.

I'm only citing how awful the Minny goaltending was because people so often use the word "terrible" in describing Talbot. Terrible is what Minny saw last night between their pipes. We've seen nothing like that this season. If you think we have, again, as I asked cite the goals you think that were just as bad.

Afairc Koski shutouts were against a hapless Hawks club and an inconsistent Dallas club. A Dallas club that undressed the same Koskinen in the return match. By and large shutouts shouldn't be used, especially on such limited sample, as differentiating points.

Also important to remember the NHL has very little book on Koskinen. How he survives game films and opponent scouting of tendencies, and how he responds to that will be the measure of his success. By no means can you look at first dozen games as illustrative of what a goalie will ultimately be. An endless list of NHL goalies looked good initially.

100%
That's why you dont even talk extension until you see how they handle adversity.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It's a tiny play that starts with Larsson pinning someone against the wall, some grinding in the corners with a bunch of players happens, and then Larsson weights the perfect little pass for McDavid to blaze away with it and exit the zone.

I mean, McDavid turned it over, but it was just the perfect little play.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Panda Bear

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
F*** off!
Quality/sound my behind, those $17.50 are mine!!!

Edit: I am also very proud, first gif ever :thumbu:
Money was the key :DD
How do you get it so nice without the imgur crap around? (and sound)
It was too big to GIF, I used a screen recorder instead (ApowerREC) and uploaded it to Streamable.

Reactions: RegDunlop and LaGu

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
@LaGu Oh, I didn't see you already gif'd the play.

After you've uploaded your image to Imgur put your cursor over the image. A new URL will pop up. Click 'Copy', then paste it in your address bar, and add '.gif' or '.jpg' (depending on what kind of file it is) to the end of the URL. That's the direct link to your image, so there will be no Imgur box around it when you post it here.

7mlKLxO.gif

For the gif you posted above just add '.gif' to the end of your URL. The box will disappear.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/UkgfMub.gif

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
"If you ignore the times when the team sucks, they look pretty good!"

They need to show more more often and against a better class of opponent before I start to think they're approaching good, never mind "dominant," status.

Now you’re arguing against something which I never said.

Even if they meet the next goalpost there are certain posters who will just move the goalposts while finding something to be unhappy about.

It’s what I like to call being a Dashing Silver Fox, or DSF for short.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
@LaGu Oh, I didn't see you already gif'd the play.

After you've uploaded your image to Imgur put your cursor over the image. A new URL will pop up. Click 'Copy', then paste it in your address bar, and add '.gif' or '.jpg' (depending on what kind of file it is) to the end of the URL. That's the direct link to your image, so there will be no Imgur box around it when you post it here.

7mlKLxO.gif

For the gif you posted above just add '.gif' to the end of your URL. The box will disappear.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/UkgfMub.gif
Owe you one!

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
"If you ignore the times when the team sucks, they look pretty good!"

They need to show more more often and against a better class of opponent before I start to think they're approaching good, never mind "dominant," status.
Thats it exactly. Too fuuny.
Its like one doesnt even watch the games. Even in this little run that they have been on. With the exception of last night , every game was a squeaker, scoring close to nada, and could have lost every game. They were hardly dominant.
Some fans. But yeah, a dominant team. :laugh:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So who do you start on Sunday? They still need to clean up a few things. Talbot allowed one leaky goal but still bailed them out a few times.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
F*** off!
Quality/sound my behind, those $17.50 are mine!!!

Edit: I am also very proud, first gif ever :thumbu:
Money was the key :DD
How do you get it so nice without the imgur crap around? (and sound)

Find replay, time, crop, streamable = Profit.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
So who do you start on Sunday? They still need to clean up a few things. Talbot allowed one leaky goal but still bailed them out a few times.

Talbot has looked a lot better lately and probably really wants the start, Koskinen unbeaten at home. At this point flip a coin or go with Koskinen as I believe they said he was getting the start.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
What am I missing that everyone else is so hyped about this play?
Oh, I'm the only one hyped about it. I just created a movement for it founded on ~mystery~.

It's just a really smart, little pass. You regularly see players just try to hack it out in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad