GDT: History will be Made edition: First Home Game ever (10PM PT)

Are you hype?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Much as I've been railing into Karlsson, Carrier is definitely the most useless guy on the team so far. If the roster wasn't so crowded, he'd be an easy out for Alex Tuch.
Mcphee shouldn't fear waivers so much. If a player earns a spot, he should get the spot.

The Wild used to have a GM that feared waivers and he kept the team away from playoff contention for years. Fletcher was such a good change from Risebrough in that way! If the player earns a spot, he gets the spot, waivers be damned!

Reactions: derriko

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Mcphee shouldn't fear waivers so much. If a player earns a spot, he should get the spot.

The Wild used to have a GM that feared waivers and he kept the team away from playoff contention for years. Fletcher was such a good change from Risebrough in that way! If the player earns a spot, he gets the spot, waivers be damned!
I mean...I guess the situation is a little different given how few assets the team has at the moment but I tend to agree. Tuch and Theodore definitely aren't gaining much from making mincemeat of the AHL. They need to face higher quality of competition if they are to grow. Shipachyov will be the first man back I'm sure, but Stoner will eventually come off IR and that will need to be taken care of just to be roster compliant, then a way to get Tuch and Theodore back up needs to be figured out. Feel bad for Hyka too. He looked good in preseason.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Here's something I was thinking of today. And yes, I know there's a looong way to go: But, if the Knights continue to play well this year, and end up in, or close, to the Top 8 playoff race at the deadline, does McPhee try to trade for help? Or does he continue with the "process" of trading for the future?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I mean...I guess the situation is a little different given how few assets the team has at the moment but I tend to agree. Tuch and Theodore definitely aren't gaining much from making mincemeat of the AHL. They need to face higher quality of competition if they are to grow. Shipachyov will be the first man back I'm sure, but Stoner will eventually come off IR and that will need to be taken care of just to be roster compliant, then a way to get Tuch and Theodore back up needs to be figured out. Feel bad for Hyka too. He looked good in preseason.
Not really that different... I'm talking about Doug Risebrough, he was the Wild GM from the beginning.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is insane. If an expansion team makes the playoffs will the universe explode?
Yeah the odds of that are pretty slim. Basically can only happen if Neal keeps scoring like a madman, if Ship plays as strongly as he did in the KHL, MAF plays Vezina caliber hockey, and the roster in general plays the best hockey of their careers. It's not impossible but it's not very likely either. I like how they look tonight but let's see how they look without the hype fueling them and against stronger teams. They were lucky to eke out a win in Dallas.

Reactions: TaLoN

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
What a first period! Knights looking good this game. Emotional opening ceremony, Looking forward to a strong 3rd period and remaining undefeated.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah the odds of that are pretty slim. Basically can only happen if Neal keeps scoring like a madman, if Ship plays as strongly as he did in the KHL, MAF plays Vezina caliber hockey, and the roster in general plays the best hockey of their careers. It's not impossible but it's not very likely either. I like how they look tonight but let's see how they look without the hype fueling them and against stronger teams. They were lucky to eke out a win in Dallas.
Let's see what happens when it's actual playoff teams...Dallas has to prove they can be, but that defense looks bad still at this point, and Arizona is...Arizona.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not really that different... I'm talking about Doug Risebrough, he was the Wild GM from the beginning.
Didn't know his full history. In any case I think we can stand to waive Reinhart and Grant. I wanna say Carrier too but I get a sneaking suspicion he might get claimed. But I mean...Vegas already has prospects in the AHL and juniors that I expect will amount to more than him based on what I've seen.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Didn't know his full history. In any case I think we can stand to waive Reinhart and Grant. I wanna say Carrier too but I get a sneaking suspicion he might get claimed. But I mean...Vegas already has prospects in the AHL and juniors that I expect will amount to more than him based on what I've seen.
yeah, it was a running joke that certain players had compromising photos of Risebrough to stay on the roster... he feared waiving them so much, but weren't good enough to play... eventually their contract would run out and they'd go completely unsigned in the off-season... good thing DR protected his so called asset from waivers...:shakehead

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
yeah, it was a running joke that certain players had compromising photos of Risebrough to stay on the roster... he feared waiving them so much, but weren't good enough to play... eventually their contract would run out and they'd go completely unsigned in the off-season... good thing DR protected his so called asset from waivers...:shakehead
Really hoping that doesn't happen with us. Especially if it costs us having Theodore and Tuch not being in the NHL where they belong. But I don't see a lot of our fringe guys fetching much of anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad