GDT: History will be Made edition: First Home Game ever (10PM PT)

Are you hype?

• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think I'm turning in to a casual fan. What a nice start for the team. Congrats guys!

Reactions: Killion

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Amazing night put on by the Knights and pure class by Arizona. Wow. Couldn’t have been any better.

Also, James Neal is back.
After all the honoring of the first responders and the knights players that came out with them, the coyotes came out and the fans started booing them until they lined up behind the knights (like dallas did) for the anthem and then they started cheering. So the coyotes did show class, the crowd not so much. I love to boo as much as anybody else, but not tonight and not before the drop of the puck.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Just got home. Everything I hoped it would be and I have been waiting for this moment all my life. The crowd was great (Just needs to build an identity). The ceremony was even better in person, amazing tribute. The presentation will definitely be a crowd pleaser, which will be needed early on. I feel even when we start losing, the atmosphere will keep people in the seats through the tough times. I am proud of the Knights on the ice and off.

3-0 BABY!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Leipsic played like a weak man’s Gaudreau out there.

You just knew there were guys that were going to thrive with the expanded role, and it looks like we found one.

Sbisa had a couple of head scratching passes (as advertised) but played solid defensively.

Miller had a killer shot (lol) but didn’t add much to the game outside of that.

Fleury, solid as always. Tough game when you face so few shots. Shows how well he can focus.

Schmidt is on and off. A little weak defensively, but is an automatic breakout and makes smart plays with the puck. He fits the run and gun Gallant style well.

Lindberg didn’t deserve the 1C spot coming out of camp imo, but he made a couple of nifty passes and worked well with other skilled players. I do think he moves down when Ship comes up, but should probably stay in the top 9 and Carrier / Bellemare / Nosek should be scratched in place.

Speaking of Carrier and Bellemare, they are very solid 4th liners with Carrier having potential to move up in the future. They both are very solid puck possession players, good defensively, and physical. Everything you want from that role. Nosek is a bit of an outcast on that line, but he played well in his limited ice time and capitalized on his chances. He could fill in for an injury to the top 9.

Smith got some chances, but didn’t do anything with them. He is a solid playmaker, but had an off game. Same for Marchessault.

Eakin somehow lead the forwards in ice time playing 20+ minutes. I was shocked looking at the box score because he was so invisible outside of winning face offs. I could see why he is mostly thought of as a 3rd liner.

McNabb, Engelland (outside his goal) and Garrison were all pretty much invisible for most of the game. Sounds like I’m hating, but from defensive guys I consider that a compliment.

Jun 30, 2006
Grats on the win.

Just one thing, you guys need to find your own chant. "Go Knights Go" needs to go, just looks like your copying the Kings.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Grats on the win.

Just one thing, you guys need to find your own chant. "Go Knights Go" needs to go, just looks like your copying the Kings.

While I agree in principle that it’s lame, but that’s every team in the leagues chant.

I actually think Montreal created that chant iirc.

Habs, Hawks, Sens, Pens, etc etc etc. Every team in the league has that chant.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
You've got two choices when it comes to chants.

Go X Go or Let's Go X.

I prefer Go Knights Go because there's no chance of it becoming Let's Go Kni-ights, which I think would be awful. We Are Vegas would be alright, but I think that's more about the city than the team. I'm okay with Go Knights Go. At least we're accused of stealing from LA instead of stealing from Canada. :laugh:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
One thing I noticed is the VGK on the telecast scoreboard. Are there any other teams that have the whole team name? I feel that it should be VEG. Like ARI, MON, WSH etc.

Off the top of my head, the two teams I can think of that include the team name in the three-letter acronym are the Blue Jackets (CBJ) and Sharks (SJS).

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Eh, give'em a break :P

They also played the Imperial March when my silly team came out. If only we were so fearsome :biglaugh:
Yeah booing opposing teams is pretty normal.

If the empire was made up only of their most incompetent, inaccurate stormtroopers the imperial march would be apt.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You've got two choices when it comes to chants.

Go X Go or Let's Go X.

I prefer Go Knights Go because there's no chance of it becoming Let's Go Kni-ights, which I think would be awful. We Are Vegas would be alright, but I think that's more about the city than the team. I'm okay with Go Knights Go. At least we're accused of stealing from LA instead of stealing from Canada. :laugh:
Yeah Ducks fans are already stuck with Let's Go Duhhhhuuhhhhcks. Let's not do that.
Leipsic played like a weak man’s Gaudreau out there.

You just knew there were guys that were going to thrive with the expanded role, and it looks like we found one.

Sbisa had a couple of head scratching passes (as advertised) but played solid defensively.

Miller had a killer shot (lol) but didn’t add much to the game outside of that.

Fleury, solid as always. Tough game when you face so few shots. Shows how well he can focus.

Schmidt is on and off. A little weak defensively, but is an automatic breakout and makes smart plays with the puck. He fits the run and gun Gallant style well.

Lindberg didn’t deserve the 1C spot coming out of camp imo, but he made a couple of nifty passes and worked well with other skilled players. I do think he moves down when Ship comes up, but should probably stay in the top 9 and Carrier / Bellemare / Nosek should be scratched in place.

Speaking of Carrier and Bellemare, they are very solid 4th liners with Carrier having potential to move up in the future. They both are very solid puck possession players, good defensively, and physical. Everything you want from that role. Nosek is a bit of an outcast on that line, but he played well in his limited ice time and capitalized on his chances. He could fill in for an injury to the top 9.

Smith got some chances, but didn’t do anything with them. He is a solid playmaker, but had an off game. Same for Marchessault.

Eakin somehow lead the forwards in ice time playing 20+ minutes. I was shocked looking at the box score because he was so invisible outside of winning face offs. I could see why he is mostly thought of as a 3rd liner.

McNabb, Engelland (outside his goal) and Garrison were all pretty much invisible for most of the game. Sounds like I’m hating, but from defensive guys I consider that a compliment.

I mostly agree but I don't give Carrier nearly the same amount of credit as you. He's strong enough to play the game to possess and carry the puck around a bit but so far I haven't seen much of anything else. I believe Tuch would at least generate some offense compared to him but we're in the situation we're in and he'll stay in the A for now.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
This team has really surprised me in goals against. I think as they settle in that will go up, but I sure am enjoying it right now. They're fun to watch, outside of very painful attempts to get out of their defensive zone, and it's going to be fun to see the lines get accustomed to each other.

Gallant has done an unbelievable job in merging a bunch of guys into lines that are for the most part playing very well as units. The dude can flat out coach.

Anyway what a start for our franchise, and best of all it looks like from top to bottom this organization has the right people in place to ensure future success.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I know it's early, but I'm kind of hoping the hard core tank is off.

Hoping they're aiming for a middle of the pack finish versus a real loser of a season.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I know it's early, but I'm kind of hoping the hard core tank is off.

Hoping they're aiming for a middle of the pack finish versus a real loser of a season.

I’m curious to see where they’ll be at after December. I’m also wondering if having Fleury in goal is giving the rest of the team a bit of confidence that they might not have had if someone else was starting.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I mostly agree but I don't give Carrier nearly the same amount of credit as you. He's strong enough to play the game to possess and carry the puck around a bit but so far I haven't seen much of anything else. I believe Tuch would at least generate some offense compared to him but we're in the situation we're in and he'll stay in the A for now.

Will not argue that Tuch would be better in that spot, but he would be better than a few guys including Bellemare, Karlsson, Carrier, and Nosek at least .

I guess I’m fine with no offense coming from the 4th line as long as they don’t give up many chances, cycle, and wear opponents down.

Carrier is still very young and I think he would be a fine complimentary player for skill lines. You are right though, the offense is not there and it never has been. It doesn’t help that Bellemare is a bit of a black hole on offense too. Nosek was alone to create chances on that line. But they did their job.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Will not argue that Tuch would be better in that spot, but he would be better than a few guys including Bellemare, Karlsson, Carrier, and Nosek at least .

I guess I’m fine with no offense coming from the 4th line as long as they don’t give up many chances, cycle, and wear opponents down.

Carrier is still very young and I think he would be a fine complimentary player for skill lines. You are right though, the offense is not there and it never has been. It doesn’t help that Bellemare is a bit of a black hole on offense too. Nosek was alone to create chances on that line. But they did their job.
Yeah that's fair. Bellemare at least hustles I guess which I respect.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I'm getting so emotional. Honoring the heroes and standing behind them with honor.

Brilliantly done.

I've been quite critical of management's off-ice decisions at times, but huge props to the VGK folks for nailing the pregame ceremony 100%, especially given the short amount of time to put this together.

They should be proud.

As am I.

Unforgettable moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad