Hischier or Patrick?

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
So far? There's only one correct answer to THAT question, but I look forward to hearing from HF's finest regardless.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I. feel. for. Patrick. . . . . he. doesnt. have. the. footspeed. to. dominate. this. league. Nico. has. that. speed. (both. with. and. without. the. puck)

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I hate this thought.

Patrick looked fine in the games he played but unfortunately got hurt. I don't think this is related to his previous injuries in any way, so it's hard to judge if he is or isn't better as there's no comparable sample size for games played and production. From what I saw of Philly when he was playing is that he fit in and played well in spite of his rotating left winger. It's interesting to note that when he was on the ice, the flyers mostly dominated play... but again, small sample sizes.

If Patrick was healthy, then we could actually have this discussion... but we really can't until we have some substantial comparable playing time for both. Ultimately I hope Patrick returns sooner than later as it makes the Metro more entertaining for me as both a hockey fan and a Devils fan... it's better for Devils fans to have a good Flyers team as it creates some great hockey between the clubs.

Reactions: My3Sons

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Patrick was hurt coming into the season and got hurt again during.

I wanted the devils to take Patrick because I preferred Hischier predraft but this is just way too early to gauge on futures. Presently still Hischier for me

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
In the 2 games he played against the isles I didn't even realize he was in the line up. The only time I noticed him at all is when he got that penalty shot...and shot wide

Reactions: Kitten Mittens

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I hate this thought.

Patrick looked fine in the games he played but unfortunately got hurt. I don't think this is related to his previous injuries in any way, so it's hard to judge if he is or isn't better as there's no comparable sample size for games played and production. From what I saw of Philly when he was playing is that he fit in and played well in spite of his rotating left winger. It's interesting to note that when he was on the ice, the flyers mostly dominated play... but again, small sample sizes.

If Patrick was healthy, then we could actually have this discussion... but we really can't until we have some substantial comparable playing time for both. Ultimately I hope Patrick returns sooner than later as it makes the Metro more entertaining for me as both a hockey fan and a Devils fan... it's better for Devils fans to have a good Flyers team as it creates some great hockey between the clubs.
Great assessment. Glad Nico has looked great and Patrick has looked good with flashes of brilliance. I think Nolan if he stays healthy will be a similar player to Joe Thorton (better defensively maybe slightly worse offensively). I think both teams are still happy with their picks. Flyer fans are nervous with his injury history but overall knew he likely wouldn't jump out of the gate quickly because of injuries but has shown some great play making ability and defensive awareness. Once he gains some confidence I think will see a quick leap in his production (just not sure if that's 10 games from now or in a season or 2)

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Nico hands down. However, in fairness to Patrick, Nico has been able to ride shotgun to Taylor Hall all season and Hall is playing like a man possessed. Nico still has been pretty awesome in every facet of his game except his ability to finish.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Neither have broke the earth and it’s early to tell. Hishier at this point but imo Patrick Kong term

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
There's no way you can make any kind of assessment of Patrick when he's been hurt and his team hasn't been playing well.

I'll say this for Hischier, before the season I actually didn't think he'd be able to play in the NHL this year because of his size. He came in at something crazy like 6'1 168. That he's had this much success while he's so physically immature is amazing to me. I'm hoping when he puts on some weight he'll really dominate.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Neither have broke the earth and it’s early to tell. Hishier at this point but imo Patrick Kong term
I don't know what would classify as "breaking the earth", but Hischier is on a 60 point pace, which is pretty good for an 18 year old rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad