Post-Game Talk: His name is Jeff!! Habs win 3-2 in OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Talent kept us in the game when the shots were 18-6 after the first period. If Pittsburgh continues to keep playing that way our luck will run out, Price won't be able to carry us in that manner every night. I was very impressed by Suzuki, the whole hockey world was, he is a player and that's encouraging to see. We still need the number one or number 9 draft pick, let's hope that the greater good prevails.

The greater good will only prevail when the Beer and Real Estate guy replaces himself with a proper President. It'll only prevail when we get a new GM and Coach. It'll only prevail when the damn owner talks about winning Cups instead of his hot dogs.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm one of those guys that can't help but to cheer for a win every game, but if someone wants to lose, I don't think that makes them a non fan. It's not like they want to lose without a purpose.

Both sides ultimately want to see the habs do well, so that's a fan to me.
I, for one, have been jumping back and forth from one fan base to the other. Even during the game.
ME: Lose, you mofos, lose!
Petry scores. I jump and cheer.

Honestly I never had mixed feelings about anything. Ever. Last night was the first time. It's a freaky feeling, I gotta tell you.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've been a fan for 30 years and I've had my time of blindly following the team through the "anything can happen" moments. They don't excite me anymore to be fair and I'm desperate for us to actually be a contender year in and year out like Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.

We have such an opportunity with this new core of young players. I can't remember the last time we've had such a promising future at center, but we have to do it right and not try to rush it. I understand fans want to win but look at the big picture instead of immediate satisfaction.

If we can grab a star in the draft this year, added to Suzuki / Kotkaniemi, Danault in a shutdown role, Caufield coming, Romanov and our huge group of defensive prospects, we can really do damage in the next 3-5 years. But we can't rush it. We have a lot to do still - we need size and better defense so we have to shuffle the deck chairs around a little.

So when fans say "I can't believe people cheer for their team to lose" or "you can't trade Tatar, Domi and Drouin because you won't be able to compete now" I shake my head. We're not cheering to lose or tank, we're cheering for the potential of a future Cup.

I’m cheering for an independent audit of our amateur scouting contingent and for us to use our financial wherewithal in order to hire and pay the best available amateur talent evaluators. Maybe we too could find an Aho or a Pasta that other teams miss out on, without needing to own a top 3 pick to get it done.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I agree with your overall outlook but maybe try being a little less condescending fella :laugh:

Why? There are many post in this thread that my post was speaking to and they were much more condescending.

I shared my point of view in the same manner as those other posters. They chose the kind of discourse they wanted to have ... I just responded in kind.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I'm still amazed how hard Pittsburgh threw this game many times.

And how bad Drouin and Malkin were
If you think Malkin was bad, you definitely have eye issues and should see an optometrist. Because he completely dominated out there, except maybe in late 3rd/OT where he seemed a bit exhausted.

Sure, he didn't score and may have missed a few chances, but that doesn't mean he was bad. Like, ok, maybe compared to prime beast mode Malkin he was bad, but then that means nobody was good last night.

Last edited:

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I've been a fan for 30 years and I've had my time of blindly following the team through the "anything can happen" moments. They don't excite me anymore to be fair and I'm desperate for us to actually be a contender year in and year out like Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.

We have such an opportunity with this new core of young players. I can't remember the last time we've had such a promising future at center, but we have to do it right and not try to rush it. I understand fans want to win but look at the big picture instead of immediate satisfaction.

If we can grab a star in the draft this year, added to Suzuki / Kotkaniemi, Danault in a shutdown role, Caufield coming, Romanov and our huge group of defensive prospects, we can really do damage in the next 3-5 years. But we can't rush it. We have a lot to do still - we need size and better defense so we have to shuffle the deck chairs around a little.

So when fans say "I can't believe people cheer for their team to lose" or "you can't trade Tatar, Domi and Drouin because you won't be able to compete now" I shake my head. We're not cheering to lose or tank, we're cheering for the potential of a future Cup.

I couldn't agree more... like if we win this series, then we win and I'll be happy. But, I just hope a miracle happens and we win it all or else it's not worth losing a top 10 and possibly 1st oa pick. So in that scenario I'd be kinda pissed. Which is the scenario with the highest probability of happening if we win this series.

But we if lose and we get Laf or at least another high end, great prospect added to our team...We could be set for a while and not need to endure these bs loser seasons again for a long ass time. And this scenario also has a high probability of happening, if we lose.

The only scenario here with a very small probability of coming to fruition is us winning the cup this year.

How some cant seem to grasp that and want to call people like us, who just want what best for the team now and the future, "not fans" is mind blowing ..

its quite the opposite, as you have to be a REAL fan to be able to accept your team losing now to set us up for many cup runs in the near future.

Reactions: Omar

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I couldn't agree more... like if we win this series, then we win and I'll be happy. But, I just hope a miracle happens and we win it all or else it's not worth losing a top 10 and possibly 1st oa pick. So in that scenario I'd be kinda pissed. Which is the scenario with the highest probability of happening if we win this series.

But we if lose and we get Laf or at least another high end, great prospect added to our team...We could be set for a while and not need to endure these bs loser seasons again for a long ass time. And this scenario also has a high probability of happening, if we lose.

The only scenario here with a very small probability of coming to fruition is us winning the cup this year.

How some cant seem to grasp that and want to call people like us, who just want what best for the team now and the future, "not fans" is mind blowing ..

its quite the opposite, as you have to be a REAL fan to be able to accept your team losing now to set us up for many cup runs in the near future.
I’ll debate that with any of these guys anytime. They just seem to disappear anytime I explain it.

Reactions: Rozz

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The only thing Weal has over hudon offensively is skating. Hudon has a better shot, better passer, and is more creative.

Hudon also scored 30 pts in his rookie season, and Weals career high is 21 pts.

I like Weal as a 4th liner, but Hudon would likely work better with Domi.

Weal takes critical face offs in D zone on strong side.....not even close

Reactions: Goal Caufield

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Yet how you teach those young guys already on the team to win, if you dont push them to win whatever format or challenge presented.
You cant be sad our potential next top center in suzuka was lights out and helped us win do you? what should they tell him, dont play hard, we need to have a chance at 1st overall??

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The greater good will only prevail when the Beer and Real Estate guy replaces himself with a proper President. It'll only prevail when we get a new GM and Coach. It'll only prevail when the damn owner talks about winning Cups instead of his hot dogs.
I have said this or some version of it at least a hundred times, people are probably sick of reading about my dislike of Bergevin and Molson that goes on and on like a broken record lol.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
The only thing Weal has over hudon offensively is skating. Hudon has a better shot, better passer, and is more creative.

Hudon also scored 30 pts in his rookie season, and Weals career high is 21 pts.

I like Weal as a 4th liner, but Hudon would likely work better with Domi.

I know we're comparing the crumbs at the bottom of the cookie jar and it matters little, but if you follow their progression from their draft year on, Weal has outscored Hudon at just about every level. The only exceptions being their 20 year old AHL rookie year and the 23 year NHL rookie year.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I’ll debate that with any of these guys anytime. They just seem to disappear anytime I explain it.

I think there is a blatant correlation between those who cant understand why losing this round would be the best thing for this club right now... And those who cant understand the math, statistics, probability and the notion of complex, multi faceted strategies that take the here and now and the future into consideration.

Some people live in the moment. Some live for the future.

The smart do a bit of both. Lol

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
2020 in the world will have an asterisk over it.... People still talk as if our world is normal and worry about an unnormal playoff

I don't think anyone is worried about it. Personally, I just don't care for all the deviations from a normal SC Playoff tournament. I think they should have done better.

Reactions: Runner77

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Yet how you teach those young guys already on the team to win, if you dont push them to win whatever format or challenge presented.
You cant be sad our potential next top center in suzuka was lights out and helped us win do you? what should they tell him, dont play hard, we need to have a chance at 1st overall??
By all means develop him, this is a great opportunity for his development. But lose the series.

I’m not expecting the team to fold like a cheap tent. But that’s not why people want the team to win.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
They should be thanking CP, outshot 18-6 at the end of the first, that won't continue. The Pens have won 3 cups with Sid and Geno, they are not rattled losing game one of a series. Have faith.
Price had a great game if he gets hot I could see us upsetting the Pens, we've done it before.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If you think Malkin was bad, you definitely have eye issues and should see an optometrist. Because he completely dominated out there, except maybe in late 3rd/OT where he seemed a bit exhausted.

Sure, he didn't score and may have missed a few chances, but that doesn't mean he was bad. Like, ok, maybe compared to prime beast mode Malkin he was bad, but then that means nobody was good last night.

I also am not sure what most people are talking about...
Malkin seemed like the most dangerous penguin out there for most of the game...in fact it was down right scary at times how much he had his way with us early

People just view games differently, learned that a loooong time ago

Reactions: Rozz

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I also am not sure what most people are talking about...
Malkin seemed like the most dangerous penguin out there for most of the game...in fact it was down right scary at times how much he had his way with us early

People just view games differently, learned that a loooong time ago
His shooting was way off though, missed the net on numerous occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad