Hilarious Whipping Boy Poll!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wanna give a vote to Miller. The ultimate placeholder of the team, brought back every year to take up a spot in the lineup. Doesn't lose you anything, but doesn't win you anything either. Has no room for improvement, which I think is a very important factor to account for when filling out a team. Brings the occassional great game to the table that he then rides on for the next month by being average. Rinse and repeat.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I will say it could go either way but if Sheahan doesn't take a step forward I think he is going to be very unpopular with the fan-base.

I hope this fanbase catches on. Sheahan is the bigger, lesser version of Filppula. Lots of promise, even more disappointment.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Did we have high expectations for Sheahan? He was one of those late 1st round safe picks that protected to the 3rd line. Offense was always a question mark with him.

There was a time I was highest on him off all the new kids on the roster, but only because he initially surprised me, not because of big hopes. I think that factors highly into people not being as hard on him. He's kind of met expectations.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Did we have high expectations for Sheahan? He was one of those late 1st round safe picks that protected to the 3rd line. Offense was always a question mark with him.

There was a time I was highest on him off all the new kids on the roster, but only because he initially surprised me, not because of big hopes. I think that factors highly into people not being as hard on him. He's kind of met expectations.

I don't remember any expectations at all until he came up for that stint and did better than anyone imagined. There was no excitement about him previously.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

2nd liner. He's fine if he can score like a third. Be disappointing but it'd be ok

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't remember any expectations at all until he came up for that stint and did better than anyone imagined. There was no excitement about him previously.

I thought there were some expectations when he was drafted, and when he failed to produce a lot at ND it was blamed on their system, and then he continued to not produce a lot at GR and fans sort of soured on him, but then he had that good run when he was called up and suddenly he might have offensive expectations again.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

#21 isn't that late of a 1st. Only 1 pick away from where Mantha was taken, who people expect a ton from.

He has always had the toolbox, and through his first 2 seasons his ppg was comparable to Jordan Staal, who he was compared to a lot in his draft year.

Since 14-15 his development has pretty much completely stalled out. He was good towards the very end of last season, but he has largely been disappointing for about 2 years now. I really don't get why he isn't a better player than he has been. He has some very good tools to work with. He's similar to Smith and Kindl, in that I get why he was a 1st round draft choice with some things you see him do on the ice. The flashes are there. But like those 2, he just can't give you consistency at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad