Campbell vs 1 of Samsonov or Murray

• Campbell

Votes: 117 56.5%
  • Sam / Murray

Votes: 90 43.5%

• Total voters

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
So this is what sens fans are saying about Murray... Weak glove.... To placate yourself for your dismal season thus far?
Dude, it's what the whole league says, not just Sens and Pens fans, and why Pittsburgh gave away the guy who won cups with them 4 years earlier. This is why he was given away to the Leafs, had to pay them to take him; that and the constant injuries.

By the way, I'm actually complementing the Leafs in my post. I like Samsonov, have since he was drafted, despite struggles at times, think he was a great signing at a low price. And getting rid of Campbell was a great move.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Dude, it's what the whole league says, not just Sens and Pens fans, and why Pittsburgh gave away the guy who won cups with them 4 years earlier. This is why he was given away to the Leafs, had to pay them to take him; that and the constant injuries.

By the way, I'm actually complementing the Leafs in my post. I like Samsonov, have since he was drafted, despite struggles at times, think he was a great signing at a low price. And getting rid of Campbell was a great move.
fair enough my bad.

Look his gloves been solid but i get it sample size.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
fair enough my bad.

Look his gloves been solid but i get it sample size.

His glove is below NHL average. If it was among the best, then Murray would be one of the best goalies in the league. He has the perfect shape for the job and quick long legs. He plays his angles well and has great anticipation/positioning. He tracks the puck well and doesn't panic. His rebound control is also better than most. His glove hand is really his weakness. And unfortunately staying healthy

I like Murray and hope he never gets injured again

Reactions: ER89

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
His glove is below NHL average. If it was among the best, then Murray would be one of the best goalies in the league. He has the perfect shape for the job and quick long legs. He plays his angles well and has great anticipation/positioning. He tracks the puck well and doesn't panic. His rebound control is also better than most. His glove hand is really his weakness. And unfortunately staying healthy

I like Murray and hope he never gets injured again
yeh fair enough sorry i was too snappy with my reply.

Makes sense.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
As of right now, Murray and Samsonov are 2nd and 4th in sv% in the NHL. Campell is 4th last.
And that is because of the Leafs Superior goaltending ...right?
Since your the one that brought up the Habs goaltending.
Again....

Murray---------------6GP----2.51 GA------.921 SA%
Samsonov --------- 8 GP..... 2.23 GA....... .921 SA%
Montembeault------8 GP----2 .48 GA---- .924 SA%

Can we get an update?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The two Toronto goalies are looking good so far. Small sample size for both due to injuries but I am sure the Leafs and their fans are not missing Campbell while the Oilers are smacking their heads against a wall wondering what is going on.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Samsonov would have been a nice addition and an 1A/1B to Stuart Skinner. As someone who's a fan of the Caps and Oilers, it still pisses me that we didn't go for Samsonov or Venecek

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
As of right now, Murray and Samsonov are 2nd and 4th in sv% in the NHL. Campell is 4th last.

Puzzling how anyone thought Campbell would have a higher svp playing behind that blue line, not the first time HF was horrifically wrong about our players, definitely won't be the last

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Puzzling how anyone thought Campbell would have a higher svp playing behind that blue line, not the first time HF was horrifically wrong about our players, definitely won't be the last

Most fans don't watch the Leafs at all. They check stats at the most. They have terrible takes about the Leafs and think the Leafs losing in round 1 made them right about whatever it was.

Every offseason the Leafs will miss the playoffs on here, be trash defensively, etc and every year it seems they come back a better team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad