Dreger: High interest on Arturi Lehkonen. Now in play for trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
To he fair, you didn't specify what type of prospect usually the pick/prospect at the end of the deal is like a 3rd rounder/recent 3rd rounder.

If it was Barron I'd do it.

I didn't feel the need to be specific as it's not like the Avs have a lot of prospects with much value :laugh:

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Might have been true if the Habs faced elimination, but we didn't. It was a clutch goal don't get me wrong, but 95% of the time he'll shoot right in the logo. It's the truth even though I wish it weren't
I miss the brief window where we called that shot the Plekonen because he seemed to develop it after playing with Plek that year

Reactions: HabsQC

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I think I'd deal the Leafs 1st for him. He seems like a good candidate for the 2nd line LW opening.
I don't see hughes moving him so habs get another late first, certainly not to a hated rival especial since he has arb. rights. Hughes would target Knies, maybe someone else and lower pick and Dubas would say no.
habs already have 13 picks next summer

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I don't see hughes moving him so habs get another late first, certainly not to a hated rival especial since he has arb. rights. Hughes would target Knies, maybe someone else and lower pick and Dubas would say no.
habs already have 13 picks next summer

Definitely wouldn't move Knies but maybe Robertson...most Leafs fans would probably hate it but I'm higher on Lehkonen than most

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Heard that NYR are trying to land Leks from MTL. They wanted depth with Paul but missed out and are looking at Leks now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's possible he is, and most Habs fans under those circumstances are quite happy keeping Lehkonen around.

It's a cliché around here to say "I'm just as happy keeping him", but Lehkonen is the kind of guy fans and coaches love.
It’s not just a cliché, it’s also what his GM has been saying but with even more emphasis. He’s not looking to move him absent an overpay so low ball offers won’t cut it.

Reactions: pth2 and domiwroze

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It’s not just a cliché, it’s also what his GM has been saying but with even more emphasis. He’s not looking to move him absent an overpay so low ball offers won’t cut it.
Yes that is different than Kulak or Chiarot which are UFA and are just sold to the highest bidder.

Reactions: pth2 and domiwroze

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If he's such a locker room presence as you mentioned, it's imperative Montreal just keep him. I wonder why he keeps on being in the trade talks most of the time.
I think the return is high. Tempting to Montreal. But I think Habs keep him. Way he is playing under MSL they be wise to do so. Many underachieved under DD. Chance Lehkonen develops into 50 point player

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I think the return is high. Tempting to Montreal. But I think Habs keep him. Way he is playing under MSL they be wise to do so. Many underachieved under DD. Chance Lehkonen develops into 50 point player
It'd even be great, if Lehkonen reaches 40 points. He's probably the reason Montreal doesn't have ten additional losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad