BRUINS GDT Hibernation Ends Take 3 - Tampa Bay vs BRUINS - 4:08 PM ET - NESN, NBCSN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
GDT designed by @Alicat

full

Brandon Carlo​

full

full

full

full

Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
4 PM ET

New England TV:
NESN
National TV: NBCSN
Boston Radio: 98.5 WBZ-FM
Tampa Radio: 970 WFLA

full

Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Tampa Bay Lightning Twitter

*All from Official Boston Bruins Website

Need to Know: Rask to Get Call vs. Tampa

Rask Back at Practice as B's Look to Move Forward

full

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask
41 GP | 26-8-0-6| .929 Sv % | 2.12 GAA | 5 SO | 2 A | 2 Pts.

full

full

Andrei Vasilevskiy

1 GP | 1-0-0-0 | .939 Sv % |1.85 GAA

full

full

Making masks beautiful

full

full

full

VD7hRFB.png

FC06.jpg
CL28.jpg

Referees Francis Charron (6), Chris Lee (28)
Linesmen Bryan Pancich (94), Derek Amell (75)

QAXyOwa.png

at7EAdN.png

8BodgMw.png

TODAY’S GAME - The Bruins host the Lightning today in the 2nd game of their Round Robin series ... They opened the Round Robin portion of their post-season with a 4-1 loss to PHI on 8/2 &will conclude vs. WSH on 8/9 (TBD). - The Bruins are 0-1 in this post-season in afternoon games ... They played 10 matinees during the regular season &went 6-3-1 in those contests.

2020 ROUND ROBIN SERIES - The Bruins join the Philadelphia Flyers, Tampa Bay Lightning &Washington Capitals in a round-robin series to determine seeding for the 2020 Round One series. - Gm 1, Aug. 2: Phi 4 vs Bos 1 – Chris Wagner scored Boston’s lone goal of the game to halve the Flyers’ lead at 2-1 in the 2nd period, but Philadelphia added another pair for the final score ... Joakim Nordstrom &Charlie McAvoy had the assists ... Jaroslav Halak took the loss in net (56 MINS/4GA/29SA) in his 1st post-season appearance since 4/27/15 (2-1 gm 7 loss at WSH w/NYI) ... SOG: Bos 35, Phi 29 ... PP: 0/3 ... PK: 0/2 - Gm 2, Aug. 5: TB 0 vs Bos 0 (4:00 pm) ... - Gm 3, Aug. 9: Wsh 0 vs Bos 0 (TBD)

Fun fact: The 8/2 gm was not the 1st time that the Bruins have played a playoff game at a neutral site ... Their 1st ever post-season game on 3/29/1927 – a 6-1 win vs. Chicago – was played at Madison Square Garden in New York, as Chicago Coliseum was previously booked for another event.

BOSTON vs TAMPA BAY, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Lightning have played 2 lifetime playoff series with each team winning 1 ... They have played 11 games with TB holding both a 7-5 edge and 38-34 goals for/against advantage. - Their last series was the 2018 Round Two series which TB won 4-1. - Lifetime series fun fact: David Krejci scored 1 of his 2 playoff hat tricks on 5/25/2011 in gm 6 of the 2011 Conference Final vs. the Lightning ... These teams played a penalty-free game on 5/27/2011 in their 1-0 win in gm 7 of that Conference Final series. 2019-20 SEASON SERIES vs. TAMPA BAY - The Bruins were 1-2-1 vs. Tampa Bay this season with a 4-3 shootout loss in Boston on 10/17, 3-2 loss at Tampa Bay on 12/12, 2-1 win in Tampa Bay on 3/3 &5-3 setback in Boston on 3/7. - The Lightning outscored the Bruins, 13-10, in the series while Boston outshot Tampa Bay by a 139-113 advantage. - David Pastrnak (3-2=5) &Brad Marchand (1-4=5) led the Bruins in scoring in the 4 games with Brayden Point (2-2=4) the Lightning’s leading scorer in the series. - Tuukka Rask played in all 4 games in Boston’s net with Andrei Vasilevskiy playing every game for the Lightning of this series. - The Bruins’ power play went 28.6% (4/14) &their penalty kill was at 66.7% (3/9).

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Hopefully the chippy play carries over from the last time they played the Lightning and it brings them together. It has happened before...

Reactions: bbfan419

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
OK B's. Life has been dull and terrible of late.

PLEASE win this one for your faithful fans !

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenway

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It's sad when Tampa's 4th line looks more dangerous than Boston's 2nd line.

yea that’s a big problem with this club

after we lost Mojo I was concerned about this team sustaining pressure for extended periods, they proved me wrong with their record this year and it’s a testament to the core and Cassidy, but if they’re going to keep puking on their shoes then those flaws in personnel will be glaring

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And Kuhlman is a better option than Studnicka on that second line as well? Double ugh.

It's a one scoring line with 3 third lines behind them and it doesn't bode well for a long playoff run. Way too much pressure on the perfection line to carry the team offensively and we've seen before that if a team can neutralize the top line, they become very one dimensional and predictable.

Reactions: JoeyBananas

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's a one scoring line with 3 third lines behind them and it doesn't bode well for a long playoff run. Way too much pressure on the perfection line to carry the team offensively and we've seen before that if a team can neutralize the top line, they become very one dimensional and predictable.

No doubt. For as much as I think Sweeney has done a good job with this club overall, this is the one thing they can't seem to get right- or if they do, something happens that screws it up (Nash's concussion, Mojo's contract demands, Kase breaking protocols, etc.) I agree with you if they don't find some quick solution to the 2nd line, it is a top line and a bottom 9, Not a good look, which is why I wish they just left Stud in there because he at least has the potential to do something good. Kuhlman is just a 4th line energy guy, and no knock on him but he is what he is. Nick R. is looking like a 3rd line guy at best these days. Hell, why not let Senyshyn out there with Krejci if Stud just has to sit. At least that guy has some offensive talent also.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
No doubt. For as much as I think Sweeney has done a good job with this club overall, this is the one thing they can't seem to get right- or if they do, something happens that screws it up (Nash's concussion, Mojo's contract demands, Kase breaking protocols, etc.) I agree with you if they don't find some quick solution to the 2nd line, it is a top line and a bottom 9, Not a good look, which is why I wish they just left Stud in there because he at least has the potential to do something good. Kuhlman is just a 4th line energy guy, and no knock on him but he is what he is. Nick R. is looking like a 3rd line guy at best these days. Hell, why not let Senyshyn out there with Krejci if Stud just has to sit. At least that guy has some offensive talent also.

With you on Stud or Seny, or any of the other kids. So much more offensive upside than a 4th line grinder like Ritchie.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I love the Bruins D , when they play like they are capable of . 1-6 , I think it’s solid . The D alone could take them a long way . I am just not sure treating these games as exhibition games ( if that continues ) is the right mindset when everyone else is amped up and ready . Time will tell I guess if that was the right approach .

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I love the Bruins D , when they play like they are capable of . 1-6 , I think it’s solid . The D alone could take them a long way . I am just not sure treating these games as exhibition games ( if that continues ) is the right mindset when everyone else is amped up and ready . Time will tell I guess if that was the right approach .

Yeah, the d is solid when they're playing well. Not looking good since the restart, but hopefully they can right the ship. I was talking specifically about the forwards and the lack of offense.

JoeyBananas

Aug 24, 2018
If we're wasting spots, I'd just put in Frederic as well and have him beat the piss out of Cirelli.

I hate Cirelli. I hope Wagner or Ritchie lay him out today. I would have played Frederic over Kuhlman, just for the size alone, and because Kuhlman brings nothing unique to this roster.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
A win would be ideal, but at a minimum I'd like to see a better effort than Sunday and some sign that they can be capable of playing playoff hockey when the 1st round starts in a week. They don't have time to incrementally improve. I thought they might have been 10% better against Philly than against Columbus. They can't afford to only be 10% better today. They need a huge improvement from Sunday.

The quality of play from the rest of the league is so far ahead of what they've shown. At this point, I'm not mad, I'm disappointed.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I would rather Stud over Kuhlman, but dont hate that line as much as others. They have a good blend, power and speed on the wings with skill down the middle. If Ritchie can create space with his size and Kuhlman with his speed they can be successful.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I bet on Tampa yesterday and they should win if we're looking at recent games. I think we could win this if it stays low scoring game. Great bounceback from earlier games would be a 2-0 won tonight.

Rask got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad