HHOF 2020 (Predictions Here)

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Some woman who was good from the United States or Canada in an era where there were three meaningful games a year where they played each other.

Matti Hagman.

Dave Babych.

Mike Keane.

My Best-Carey

Reactions: Oddbob and NyQuil

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I'm willing to sidestep my hometown boy Alfredsson(Actually he's from a suburb outside of Göteborg), in favor of a haul of non-NHL soviets and perhaps even a czech-or-slovakian, even though Nedomansky pretty much covers all of that latter stuff lol.
Jarome is a given though as well, and sometime they gotta get Fleury in there so why not in 2020.

Last edited:

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Iginla

Martinec / Mikhailov / Holecek (they don't want to induct more than one from this group for some reason. Maybe makes for bad TV since their English isn't great)

Some Builder

Alfredsson

Suter

Samhain

Canada Cup
Jun 21, 2015
Vancouver
Any of these player's.

JC TREMBLAY
RICHARD MARTIN
RICKY MIDDLETON
DOUG WILSON
STEVE LARMER
TOM BARRASSO
THEO FLEURY
MIKE VERNON
JEREMY ROENICK
CURTIS JOSEPH
ALEX MOGILNY

If one or more players from this list got inducted I would be happy. All have s strong case and were ALL STARS (Did GUY CARBONNEAU ever play in an ALL STAR GAME or suit up for TEAM CANADA?).

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
If your list doesn't include Iginla and Hossa, then you are only fooling yourself.

They drew some ridicule when they inducted a still active Chris Pronger. I could see them waiting for Hossa to be off the LTIR.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Players I’d like to see inducted in the next few years from now

Rick Martin
Bernie Nichols
John Leclair
Flash Hoilett
Steve Larmer
Charlie Simmer

Reactions: Samhain

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Some woman who was good from the United States or Canada in an era where there were three meaningful games a year where they played each other.
A pattern seems to have emerged with this, hasn't it?

You know what's another pattern? It looks like The Committee has put in a hard-cap of ONE non-NHL-centric European with each induction class, if inducting any.

Another pattern is that they seem to favor Euros that had at least a (trans-Krutov-type non-embarrassing) cup of coffee in the NHL- even if it means passing on more skilled fellow-countrymen.

Digression- I went over to the HoH Top-100 Aggregate List, to view all of the non-NHL-centric Euros who ranked higher than Nedomansky. Here goes: Firsov, Mikhailov, Vasiliev, Maltsev, Martinec, Krutov, Suchy, Petrov, Pospisil, Bobrov, Starshinov, Kasatanov, Zabrodsky.

So, where does that leave us? Kasatanov? I don't think so. I remember reading somewhere that Larionov rolls with The Committee... and the fact that he and Kasatanov have a mutual mad one against each other isn't exactly a secret. So- the next non-NHL-ish Euro with some NHL time is- what? Hakan Loob? You don't suppose.... (?):rolleyes:

At least the availability of Iginla and Hossa should keep things from getting too bizarro...

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Who knows, maybe Martinec would not have been better in the WHA and NHL than Nedomansky was if it also was at age 30+?
I'm willing to give the committee a pass on this one, especially if Martinec gets in at a later stage.
Hopefully what they are doing is to gradually move the goal posts towards induction of all-euro players.

Last edited:

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
They drew some ridicule when they inducted a still active Chris Pronger. I could see them waiting for Hossa to be off the LTIR.

What about a separate LTIR class? Or a LTIR HHOF? a LTIRHHOF?

Chris Pronger
Marian Hossa
David Clarkson

Make it a small class to begin with so the fans can digest it and get a false premise of it being unique.

Samhain

Canada Cup
Jun 21, 2015
Vancouver
Players I’d like to see inducted in the next few years from now

Rick Martin
Bernie Nichols
John Leclair
Flash Hoilett
Steve Larmer
Charlie Simmer

I agree, If CARBONNEAU is in and GAINEY, SHUTT, BARBER, DUFF, LAPRADE then those players should have No problems especially

STEVE LARMER - (Stanley Cup, 1000 PTS in 1000 Games, Gold with Team Canada, 2 NHL Records, Calder Trophy Winner, Mr. Iron Man was a Hard Working 2 Way Player).

RICHARD MARTIN - (4 times a 1st/2nd Team All Star Selection, Gold with Team Canada, 2 times 50+ Goals in a Single Season, 5 times Top 10 in Goals, 2 times Top 10 in Points, 7 Straight All Star Games, Over a Point a Game Player in his Career).

I think when certain players play on a Montreal or Toronto they have a way better chance of getting in the HOF.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
The whole Hall of Fame thing is so ridiculous now that it simply doesn't matter anymore who gets in or doesn't, as it's clearly not a major thing anymore.

Can you imagine if somebody like Mario Lemieux was getting inducted this year?

"Ladies and gentlemen, this year's inductees... Mario Lemieux... Guy... umm... Carburetor... Sergei Zebra.... Let's face it, you don't care about those last two guys, because they aren't really Hall of Famers..."

Reactions: Leksand

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Who knows, maybe Martinec would not have been better in the WHA and NHL than Nedomansky was if it also was at age 30+?

So what if he hadn't? Being better in the WHA and NHL as a 30+ year old is hardly the top criterion (at least I hope it isn't, he he) to get in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad