OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Alright, I sent each of these three private messages to ask if they still want to play and have not received any replies. Eastopia hasn't posted in a long time, so I kind of think they're not going to be running their team this year. Bench gave me commish duties but didn't say if he still wanted to run his team this year. Bincookin is probably just busy too, I get that.

So do we go ahead with the draft and just select keepers for these teams, give them an auto-draft tomorrow, or hold up the draft a little bit to give them a little more time?

I'm pretty sure the plan @Bench had for folks who didn't pick keepers was to assign them himself. If people don't show up to draft, yahoo will pick for them as long as you have them filed into their draft slots. I don't know how big of a pain it would be for you to do that, but I'd suggest picking a deadline for them deciding their keepers/contacting you and then just doing it yourself after that deadline. For anyone who doesn't show up during the season, I could probably take on an extra team to just make sure they are icing as many people as they can from week to week.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Can anyone take a minute to explain the keeper rules in this league? Would be much appreciated! From my PMs with Sparty, I think I've gleaneded the following:

Max 8 keepers, including max 1 goalie
Max 3 "prospects" - must have been drafted in the 3 previous seasons

I'm assuming there are more rules than this, especially regarding "prospects" (age limits perhaps?)? Are there draft round requirements? Limits to how many years you can keep a player? Etc, etc, etc?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'll try and do a post later on, gotta get the kids to sleep...always takes a couple hours.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Can anyone take a minute to explain the keeper rules in this league? Would be much appreciated! From my PMs with Sparty, I think I've gleaneded the following:

Max 8 keepers, including max 1 goalie
Max 3 "prospects" - must have been drafted in the 3 previous seasons

I'm assuming there are more rules than this, especially regarding "prospects" (age limits perhaps?)? Are there draft round requirements? Limits to how many years you can keep a player? Etc, etc, etc?

Prospects are 3 years from draft year. Unless it's a goalie, then it's 5 years. They also "age out" if they play 55 NHL games.

Yahoo is imperfect and thus you could have a prospect not listed in the entire app. Or that prospect could show up for a few NHL games, and make you rework your entire roster to be compliant, and then sent back down to the minors. Players in the Yahoo system and in the minors don't count against your roster limit for guys you can play during the week. But if they are called up, you gotta make room if you want to keep them.

This year I'm kinda worried if guys are loaned in Europe, where they would normally be in the AHL, we'll have a glut of prospects not on the app. Not sure, haven't looked at that yet. It's possible people will have drafted a prospect that's no longer in the system, like NCAA players don't show up until they get pulled to the pros. I guess it depends on NHLPA agreements and such?

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Prospects are 3 years from draft year. Unless it's a goalie, then it's 5 years. They also "age out" if they play 55 NHL games.

Yahoo is imperfect and thus you could have a prospect not listed in the entire app. Or that prospect could show up for a few NHL games, and make you rework your entire roster to be compliant, and then sent back down to the minors. Players in the Yahoo system and in the minors don't count against your roster limit for guys you can play during the week. But if they are called up, you gotta make room if you want to keep them.

This year I'm kinda worried if guys are loaned in Europe, where they would normally be in the AHL, we'll have a glut of prospects not on the app. Not sure, haven't looked at that yet. It's possible people will have drafted a prospect that's no longer in the system, like NCAA players don't show up until they get pulled to the pros. I guess it depends on NHLPA agreements and such?

Do we have a league rule where when a prospect with an "NA" tag gets called up and loses the "NA" tag, the manager MUST move him into the lineup? Because Yahoo will of course let you leave him in the NA slot, you just won't be able to make any adds, drops, trades, etc.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do we have a league rule where when a prospect with an "NA" tag gets called up and loses the "NA" tag, the manager MUST move him into the lineup? Because Yahoo will of course let you leave him in the NA slot, you just won't be able to make any adds, drops, trades, etc.

Nothing explicit, no. However you can make the roster work, I suppose.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm pretty sure the plan @Bench had for folks who didn't pick keepers was to assign them himself. If people don't show up to draft, yahoo will pick for them as long as you have them filed into their draft slots. I don't know how big of a pain it would be for you to do that, but I'd suggest picking a deadline for them deciding their keepers/contacting you and then just doing it yourself after that deadline. For anyone who doesn't show up during the season, I could probably take on an extra team to just make sure they are icing as many people as they can from week to week.

I'll go ahead and do this. If they show up and want to change them, I will change them.

Looks like @Bench answered the prospect questions, thanks for that. Don't know if you saw my other posts addressed to you, but you need to set keepers (or I can do it).

EDIT: Now that I'm looking at your team, don't make me choose who you're trying to keep...man that's tough!

Trying to set up the draft order. It looks like you can lock in the keepers to draft at the tail end of the draft but it's a lot of work because you have to do it manually. It also seems like if you want to select in reverse standings order from last year you have to input that order manually, which isn't all that hard.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
EDIT: Now that I'm looking at your team, don't make me choose who you're trying to keep...man that's tough!

Good news is I finally have a day off tomorrow so I will get to it. Thanks for everything. I've been slammed with personal responsibilities and I'm sure you guys noticed I went from posting 10 times a day to not at all this week. Yeesh.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I know it can be like that, no worries.

I went through and assigned all the keepers in the final rounds of the draft, so that way the earlier rounds should be where we make our picks and the order of selection reflects the picks that were traded last year.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
9:30 on Monday sounds good to me!

I was still hoping to get rid of Larsson from my prospect keeper selection. Really only want to keep the one prospect from Buffalo. I haven't been able to override it from what I can tell.

I had meant to get this earlier, but I just got rid of Larsson from your keepers.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
Does anyone know if there’s way to pre-rank only available players that aren’t kept?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Does anyone know if there’s way to pre-rank only available players that aren’t kept?

I don't think you can, I don't know why. If you look outside the rankings it only displays the free agents with the keepers selected taken out, but once you get into the draft rankings it just shows all the players.

Maybe after Bench selects his keepers and we finalize the draft everything will come out but I won't know until then.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Sparty were you able to update my keepers based on the list I provided above. Not sure if Bench was able to or not...

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Sparty were you able to update my keepers based on the list I provided above. Not sure if Bench was able to or not...

Yeah, I was able to select them for you. Good to go!

I only selected keepers for Eastopia and BinCookin, everyone else either put in their keepers in or gave me a list in this thread to input for them. Save for @Bench that is.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Alright, everyone, we're set for 9:30.

Bench's keepers are uploaded, draft order is set and your keepers should be shown on your rosters. If you click on the "Draft Results" page it should show your keepers selected during the final rounds of the draft (your keeper numbers may vary based on the number of prospects you have carrying over, will be between 8-11). I double and triple checked that I added the correct keepers to each team, so hopefully I didn't get anything wrong.

Draft order has last year's trades incorporated. It still looks like when you do pre-draft rankings, all keepers are still shown there to rank, which is a pain but unfortunately can't be helped. There doesn't appear to be a commish tool to do anything about it (I remember we had the same problem last year).

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Great draft everyone. @Sparty what are the rules for teams being roster compliant regarding prospects?

Select 3 prospects from your roster - must be within 3 years of draft year (5 years for goalies) and have less than 55 NHL games total.

So they must be drafted in 2018-2020 for position players or 2016-2020 for goalie prospects. We'll give people a little time to get their rosters right before we enforce that.

I asked earlier about changing the number of games played before aging out, since a player can play every game this year and still be considered a prospect next year, but I think that question got lost amongst everything else so we can just keep it.

Reactions: Hammettf2b

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Also, we should decide what we want to do about the @Eastopia and @BinCookin teams. I think they were just autodrafted today. I can try to set their rosters each day, but we should probably try and find people to run those two teams before too long.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Also, we should decide what we want to do about the @Eastopia and @BinCookin teams. I think they were just autodrafted today. I can try to set their rosters each day, but we should probably try and find people to run those two teams before too long.

@Frk It I know you wanted to do this last year but had a lot going on. Does this still interest you if two of the owners don't resurface?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Okay I'm just noticing this now but maybe you guys didn't catch it either.

League does not start until Week Two, which is next week. It doesn't allow for me to select Week One as the first week anymore, I guess we missed the deadline for that on account of our late draft. I had assumed that we'd just have our first week shortened by one day, but I guess Yahoo doesn't get down like that.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Okay I'm just noticing this now but maybe you guys didn't catch it either.

League does not start until Week Two, which is next week. It doesn't allow for me to select Week One as the first well anymore, I guess we missed the deadline for that on account of our late draft. I had assumed that we'd just have our first week shortened by one day, but I guess Yahoo doesn't get down like that.

Yeah, what was weird is when I set my lineup after the draft, it was showing the matchup last night.

You get a break @Bench from what would have been a humbling defense of your ship :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sparty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino