OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Can we already say if we can get the draft done before the season starts? I'm open for any time until this weekend

Yeah I'm good with anytime during the day, or hopefully a bit later in the evening. Day works better for me, if it has to be night, looks like we did 10pm last year so if we can do that again that's good for me.

Ya, I'm good for basically any evening. Not sure how to set my keepers tho.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
With the draft, I'm free during the day or later in the evening. If we get it set far enough ahead of time I'm also okay going through and setting a draft list and letting yahoo autopick if it comes to that.

Ya, I'm good for basically any evening. Not sure how to set my keepers tho.

on the league homepage there should be a clickable checklist down the right side.

Reactions: mantha39

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Hey guys, sorry, I was all set to do this during the weekend and never realized I somehow lost my manager powers. I'm back to having powers again and I'm going to sit down tonight to get things rolling.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
OK I lied about last night because of circumstances. BUT TONIGHT!

Sorry guys, work is really taking away from my screwing off time lately. I need to call my union rep about this.

Reactions: Winger98 and Sparty

raymond23

Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Here's what I'm seeing on the desktop:

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.21.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.20.27 PM.png

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I still have the keeper page link and when I return to it, it says "The deadline to select keepers was Saturday, January 2, 2021." So maybe the deadline just needs to be changed if people missed the deadline.

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Just try this and see if it works...

Says "you are not the manager of this team" when I click this, it might work for you though. I just used my keeper link from my history and changed it to your team number (which I think is 5)

Yahoo

raymond23

Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Just try this and see if it works...

Says "you are not the manager of this team" when I click this, it might work for you though. I just used my keeper link from my history and changed it to your team number (which I think is 5)

Yahoo

It actually does allow me to select keepers but no submit button. It cites the keeper deadline as to why.

Reactions: Sparty

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
If we could update to this weekend for keepers I would appreciate it. I didn't get a chance to set mine either.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Guys I've been slacking. I had plans to do it last night but spend the evening talking to friends and family.

But I can change keepers manually for everyone, so don't stress if you missed anything. I'm going to have this all fixed.

How does everyone feel about a Sunday night draft? That or Monday night.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Guys I've been slacking. I had plans to do it last night but spend the evening talking to friends and family.

But I can change keepers manually for everyone, so don't stress if you missed anything. I'm going to have this all fixed.

From 8-9 I'm usually pretty unavailable but if I can set a draft list and let yahoo pick away it's not a big deal to me.

I have a question how we are going to handle people who might not be available at the beginning of the season but might become available later on. I'm thinking of people like Seider and Veleno who are overseas and won't be able to come back until late in the season but who yahoo also might not make available to draft because they are in Europe. Last year I thought we set a cut off date for adding prospects through waivers late in the season (after the TDL?). We rolling with something similar this season and going forward?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Last year we never got to the point where collegiate players joined NHL teams, because of the virus. We set a date two years ago, but someone added Quinn Hughes anyways because there's not really anything to stop anybody from doing it. If they're draftable then draft them, it'll save a bunch of headaches later on.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
Last year we never got to the point where collegiate players joined NHL teams, because of the virus. We set a date two years ago, but someone added Quinn Hughes anyways because there's not really anything to stop anybody from doing it. If they're draftable then draft them, it'll save a bunch of headaches later on.
In my defense, I missed the memo on this discussion and offered to drop him afterwards. This will forever follow me.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Monday works better for me.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
In my defense, I missed the memo on this discussion and offered to drop him afterwards. This will forever follow me.

It's absolutely not your fault. Which is why nobody wanted you to give him up. It's just kinda annoying a potential generational fantasy player gets picked up on waivers. But again, that's the system, not you.

Because we're rolling so many custom tweaks, we have a lot of honor system at play. And because of all those custom tweaks, I need to draft up a clear set of rules that aren't buried in this thread. All of this is coming. We'll cobble together the draft (probably Monday night) and then get everyone up to speed on things moving forward.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It's absolutely not your fault. Which is why nobody wanted you to give him up. It's just kinda annoying a potential generational fantasy player gets picked up on waivers. But again, that's the system, not you.

Because we're rolling so many custom tweaks, we have a lot of honor system at play. And because of all those custom tweaks, I need to draft up a clear set of rules that aren't buried in this thread. All of this is coming. We'll cobble together the draft (probably Monday night) and then get everyone up to speed on things moving forward.

If the rules are in the first post we can always sticky that post so it shows up at the top of every page in the thread.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
About this qualification for prospects, do we adjust the number of games this year because someone could play all 54 games this year and still maintain prospect eligibility?

Select 3 prospects from your roster - must be within 3 years of draft year (5 years for goalies) and have less than 55 NHL games total.

Could impact someone's draft strategy if they know they're for sure going to keep someone as a prospect for two years.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I gotta drop out, going through a lot of personal stuff, but Bench should have full power now

Good luck folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad