OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Three (need one new owner to run team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
thanks man, i'm really glad i'm in the lead, i didn't really expect it the way my team struggled the last weeks. It is also really unfortunate that your team isn't at its best, with ovi and malkin out...

Thanks dude. I knew it was always a risk when I rely on old boys. This was my last chance for a playoff win with this cast.

You and @Martinez were the top of the league all year, so it's only fitting you guys duke it out.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Thanks dude. I knew it was always a risk when I rely on old boys. This was my last chance for a playoff win with this cast.

You and @Martinez were the top of the league all year, so it's only fitting you guys duke it out.
Hopefully I can hold on, when @jaster has guys like Crosby, Mack, stone and two goalies still to go tonight I’m not comfortable yet

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Hopefully I can hold on, when @jaster has guys like Crosby, Mack, stone and two goalies still to go tonight I’m not comfortable yet

Heh, it's a very deep hole I'm in, 61 points atm, I think you're probably safe. Couple days this week where almost my whole lineup just didn't do a damn thing. Didn't help I had a busy work week and biffed on a couple lineup decisions, though I doubt they'll matter at this point, your roster is having another dominant week.

Reactions: Martinez

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
All four of Edmonton's games against the Canucks this week?

Yeah I've got $100 on the Turkeys.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
All four of Edmonton's games against the Canucks this week?

Yeah I've got $100 on the Turkeys.

McDavid will be gunning for the 100 point mark too, 87 points with seven games remaining is very realistic.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
McDavid will be gunning for the 100 point mark too, 87 points with seven games remaining is very realistic.

Kinda wild that kind of production is realistic for him. He's obviously the best since Crosby, but he's just so far ahead of anyone else it's unreal

Just looked up the all-time PPG leaders. Certainly McDavid will likely fall a bit as his career extends, but through his first 400 games he's currently keeping pace with Bobby Orr at #4 overall.

NHL All-Time Points per Game Leaders

If Holland can't at least get this boy to drag him to a Cup, it's hopeless for our old friend.

Reactions: Sparty

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kinda wild that kind of production is realistic for him. He's obviously the best since Crosby, but he's just so far ahead of anyone else it's unreal

Just looked up the all-time PPG leaders. Certainly McDavid will likely fall a bit as his career extends, but through his first 400 games he's currently keeping pace with Bobby Orr at #4 overall.

NHL All-Time Points per Game Leaders

If Holland can't at least get this boy to drag him to a Cup, it's hopeless for our old friend.

I think he is better than Crosby. Young Lindros was something to behold, but I honestly think McDavid is the best talent to break into the league since Super Mario... He is that good. I remember thinking Eichel could be close to him, Eichel is a top 5 to 10 player, he is actually quite special and he is so far behind McDavid. He has a dominance over his peers we haven't seen in a while, certainly never felt Crosby was at this level above everyone else.

Reactions: Winger98

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I think he is better than Crosby. Young Lindros was something to behold, but I honestly think McDavid is the best talent to break into the league since Super Mario... He is that good. I remember thinking Eichel could be close to him, Eichel is a top 5 to 10 player, he is actually quite special and he is so far behind McDavid. He has a dominance over his peers we haven't seen in a while, certainly never felt Crosby was at this level above everyone else.

Maybe regular season wise, but they are different kind of players. Crosby play style is built for tough playoff hockey and he is a great performer in the postseason. I'm sure mcdavid will be dominant in the playoffs as well, but we haven't really seen it yet

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If it's about Caulfield I think we agreed it's okay to claim these guys, he just can't put a keeper designation on him.

He's up to something, I just know it...

tenor.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Maybe regular season wise, but they are different kind of players. Crosby play style is built for tough playoff hockey and he is a great performer in the postseason. I'm sure mcdavid will be dominant in the playoffs as well, but we haven't really seen it yet

Crosby was outperformed by Malkin in the deeper rounds for almost his entire career. He has a few of the weakest Smythe's in the history of the sport. His biggest moment came in Vancouver and has helped create that narrative. It was a big moment to be sure.

Do I think McDavid can lead the best country to a Gold. Well I mean obviously I hope the best team the USA has ever iced doesn't make that a reality, but yeah I think he can. I also think Holland will figure that out, he has a track record of winning with superstars.

Crosby came into a far better situation. McDavid has a top 5 player too, but Sid did, he also had the now 3rd in all-time wins goalie, two #1 D-man a legit top 6 center playing on the third line. The Pens had an obscene amount of talent in comparison to Oilers. The expectation that McDavid should carry them to post-season glory already is a bit much for me. I think given the track record of the guys in the sport it will probably happen, hell I hope it is this year if I am being honest on who I will likely root for in the post-season. We will see. I find him to be a better player pretty much across the board, McDavid is a true Mt Rushmore talent, the last time I felt that was Lindros. Injuries took him, we will have to see where McDavid evolves and lands. By the way I do understand those that would say injuries took Crosby's ability to make a case for Mt Rushmore. Though honestly it is hard for me to believe I would ever elevate him over Howe. I actually could see it with young Lindros and McDavid.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
He's up to something, I just know it...

tenor.gif

Lol! You'll never know!

Nah, I simply made a roster move after I saw Gostisbehere's suspension effectively ended his fantasy season. Caufield seemed like a hot enough hand to be a decent replacement in my feeble attempt at a 3rd place finish. Wasn't trying to add a keeper or anything.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Unbelievable, it’s like he knows our fantasy championship is on the line

Right now it's a 2 goal game from Devon Toews that's the difference. Wild finish.

Better hope there's no connection from Barrie to McDavid, though. 100 points in 53 games. Unreal. He's just doing laps on everyone this year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
EDIT: Hold up, haha, Connor Garland just scored. Wild. Will post update in 2 minutes.

EDIT 2: Evander Kane gets an assist on an empty net goal, pulling Martinez back ahead by 8 points. Current total 510.70-502.65. Overtime coming up. Garland needs a few shots and a game winner for the Turkeys to pull ahead. Riley Smith with a hat trick on the Turkey's bench... you hate to see it.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Garland needs a few shots and a game winner for the Turkeys to pull ahead.

Garland put 2 shots on net already! Almost had the winner last shift. Razor thin margins here.

But then Phil the Thrill just put it home. Doh. I wanted more excitement. 6 points out of 500 all that separated the two finalists. Damn guys, well done.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Congrats to Martinez on the victory!

League standings basically worked out to overall point totals, which isn't always a guarantee come playoffs and head-to-head. There's a lot of instances someone is buzz sawing all year and gets popped in one bad week. Not so here. Things fell mostly how they did all year.

Team - Season Points - Playoff Finish
Team Martinez - 5102 points (1st) - Champion
Turkeys - 4839 (3rd) - 2nd place
Bull moose - 4889 (2nd) - 3rd place
Benders - 4711 (5th) - 4th place
Winger98 - 4638 (6th) - 5th place
Spartys - 4819 (4th) - 6th place

Good games, all.

Hall of History

2018 - MD Spartys (8-6)
2019 - Benchworth Bull Moose (17-2)
2020 - Team Martinez (10-2)

Reactions: Martinez

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
what close thing this is - i'm furious about my bench management :ha: We still have one gameday to go, haven't we?

EDIT: Seems we don't. So congrats @Martinez !! Nice, close Finals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad