OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Three (need one new owner to run team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
[marquee=] HFWings Fantasy Hockey 2020 [/marquee]
Season Three draft is now complete, and it looks like we need two posters on the board here to run two teams that have been orphaned by last year's owners. Ideally we would have had the draft after we found the new owners, but we didn't know they were needed until after the draft.

Here's a prospect check, so everyone knows what they need to make their team compliant with prospect rules (I might be wrong on these obv, so let me know):

[B]@jaster[/B] (league name Benders):
Zegras
McMichael
Farabee

[B]@Hammettf2b[/B] (league name Hammett2fb):
Wahlstrom
Cozens
Holtz

[B]@Sards[/B] (league name nardeen's Team):
Kaliyev
Need Two Prospects. Vesalainen has aged out, 2017 draft no longer eligible for prospects. Quinn Hughes played enough games to no longer qualify.

[B]@Sparty[/B] (league name MD Spartys):
Stuetzle
Ty Smith
Romanov
Soderstrom
Broberg

[B]@turkleton85[/B] (league name Turkleton Turkeys):
Noel
N. Foote
Prosvetov

[B]@Bench[/B] (league name Benchworth Bullmoose):
Drysdale
Sanderson
Hoglander
Oettinger

[B]@Winger98[/B] (league name Winger98):
Perfetti
Veleno
Zadina
Brannstrom has aged out, selected in 2017 Draft. You can carry him if you like, but you're not required to.

[B]@mantha39[/B] (league name Mantha39):
Bouchard
Primeau
Need one prospect. Carter Hart no longer qualifies as prospect, has played 74 games prior to this year.

[B]@19 for president[/B] (league name Prez's Premier Pack):
Byram
Seider
Turcotte

[B]@Ricelund[/B] (league name Riceland):
Hayton
Rossi
Raymond

[B]@RayMoonDoh [/B] (league name THRILLHOUSE):
Heinola
Sandin
Need one prospect. Ilya Samsonov aged out after last year.

Owner needed for this team (prospect quality is not indicative of roster quality):

[B]@BinCookin [/B] (league name BinCookin):
Krebs
R. Suzuki
Need one prospect.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
is there anyway to avoid losing games played due to players being on the covid list without having it count as your weekly player add count?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
is there anyway to avoid losing games played due to players being on the covid list without having it count as your weekly player add count?

Maybe we keep it how we have it for now and we can discuss number of adds when someone says they're having problems. It doesn't look like it's a huge problem yet, but maybe it will be and then we can figure something out there. Hopefully as the season goes on there's less players affected with each passing day.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
What is needed to become prospect-compliant? I understand you can only have prospects in "NA" slots, is that correct? Are there any other rules?

EDIT: Also, I thought I remember reading there is a GP limit before they aren't "prospects"? For instance, Farabee on my roster has 57 career GP. Has he exceeded the threshold?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Prospects don't need to be in N/A slots. Lafreniere is a prospect, but you probably don't want to sit him. Petterson, Makar, Q. Hughes, Stuetzle, etc...there's guys that qualify/qualified as prospects but you can't put in N/A slots because they're on active rosters. This means you can carry an extra prospect if there's someone you think is worth having out there not in the league yet.

There's a dilemma you're going to have once your prospects make the big club, do you still want them to take up a roster spot or would you rather take maybe a better player and select a different prospect?

For example, in year one I had Henrik Borgstrom (FLA) as a prospect and he made the roster that year. I kept him on my team for a while, but since he wasn't getting much ice time I eventually dropped him to select a different roster player and prospect. I kind of have the same dilemma right now with Ty Smith (NJ), he's doing alright now, but if he doesn't keep this up then I might drop him to pick up a better roster player and a different prospect.

The number of games played to qualify as a prospect is the number of games played before this season start. Guys don't age out in the middle of the season, they age out after the season ends. So Farabee played 52 total games before the season started, and was drafted in 2018, so he qualifies. He won't qualify next year because he won't meet either of the criteria, exceeding games played and drafted four years back.

Reactions: Winger98

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Sorry, I worded that poorly. I didn't mean prospects could only go in NA slots. I meant that NA slots can only be used for prospects, is that right?

Thanks for clarification on GP.

Last question, for now.... based on a couple comments in your post above, am I to understand that teams must have at least 3 prospects on their roster? If that's the case, glad I drafted a few, I thought the rule was a maximum of 3 lol.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Correct, you MUST carry three prospects.

Only players not in the NHL can be given N/A tags. Once they go to the league, Yahoo will make you change your roster and take them out of the N/A slot.

Reactions: Winger98

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Correct, you MUST carry three prospects.

Is that the rule? I never enforced it that way.

Like Jaster, I always worked with the idea that the 3 prospect rule was strictly for rostering additional players for the purpose of rolling them over into your next season. If you don't have anyone that strikes your fancy at the moment in your N/A slot, there was no reason to force people to fill that until the draft (for the purpose of roster totals).

There are a lot of scenarios where a person may have a prospect be called up and ultimately decide to drop them from their roster given they'll be a season long dead weight playing 8 minutes a game.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
I would be willing to step up. I havent done FH in a few years but I’m doing a yahoo H2H team this year and have been pretty into it.

I’ve never done keeper league before though, I’d be willing to learn.

Reactions: Bench

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

Like Jaster, I always worked with the idea that the 3 prospect rule was strictly for rostering additional players for the purpose of rolling them over into your next season. If you don't have anyone that strikes your fancy at the moment in your N/A slot, there was no reason to force people to fill that until the draft (for the purpose of roster totals).

There are a lot of scenarios where a person may have a prospect be called up and ultimately decide to drop them from their roster given they'll be a season long dead weight playing 8 minutes a game.

Yeah. I'm willing to play within just about any rules we have in this league, no problem. However, I will say that I'd vote against a rule that mandates a minimum of 3 prospects. A maximum makes more sense because you're keeping people from hoarding. But if a manager has a strategy that is not so future-based, I think it's unnecessary to make them roster prospects. Just my two cents. As a manager, I'm very future-based, so I personally don't mind managing 3 prospects at all.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015

I had assumed it was just because we were doing prospect checks in the past, but if we don't want to enforce it, that makes it a lot easier. Makes no difference to me and I'm all for one less thing to do.

I know I always had garbage prospects just for the sole purpose of meeting qualifications in the past. Stuetzle is the best young player I have had yet, prospects were always an afterthought to me anyways until I had a chance to draft this guy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why do we have the weekly limit in for pickups when the season hasn't even started? Seems a little stupid I cannot manipulate my guys on and off IR and pickup a full roster...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, it likely is, but the short term still hurts. Especially when hindsight is telling me I should have approached the draft differently.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I greenlit the wrong player for my keeper list. When I went to the draft board I couldn't figure out why he wasn't on my team until I reviewed my messages and realized it's exactly what agreed to.

So I have my usual draft day goofs and that I'm kicking myself for.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nobody asked us to change anything is why.

You can make three more roster moves on Monday before any games are played, if you still can't get your roster right on Monday let us know.

Okay good deal, I thought I would be stuck with the open spot for another 7 days. It makes sense in season, I just wasn't adding guys with the expectation that would matter before we started and was surprised when it was enforced. I thought that was matchup related, it has been in most fantasy leagues I have played, never got blocked before the first matchup game like what Yahoo was doing.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
League starts tonight! Only one game, so don't forget to set your lineups full of Canucks and Senators if you got em, lol.

We still need one last owner. I can't edit the thread title, so Winger98 if you can edit it from two owners needed to just one that's much appreciated. I set BinCookin's lineup for today and tomorrow already, so no free W for TZE this week hopefully.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
My winger depth is kind of insane right now so if anyone has other excess pieces, maybe we could find a beneficial swap. Defense or goaltending.

Quick sample of the guys that aren't megastars or anything but absolutely should be rostered in our league that are up for talks:

Kempe
Henrique
Burakovsky
Duclair
Killorn
Texier

Higher price but not untouchable:
Reilly Smith
Hoglander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad