OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Three (need one new owner to run team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I guess we have three "series" of games that aren't going to be played, so that's six teams. NYI, BUF, PIT, NJ, VGK and SJ. What a mess, lol. Best strategy might just be to add as many Canadian teams' players as you can which COVID runs wild all over the US games.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don't even care anymore :( My best player, MacKinnon, is now out for multiple weeks, so my season is probably torpedoed. Such tiny margins in this league, which I actually like, but losing a top caliber player is devastating.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't even care anymore :( My best player, MacKinnon, is now out for multiple weeks, so my season is probably torpedoed. Such tiny margins in this league, which I actually like, but losing a top caliber player is devastating.

This year is a straight disaster for the Bull Moose. I bet on my old boys hoping to squeak out a championship run in a shortened season, but my IR is full and half my superstars are getting postponed games. I don't have much hope of turning the ship around, even though I might have found another Calder goalie candidate.

Immediate regret. Wish I had gone with my younger stars and just ate the L on this wonky season.

So if any of you have big aspirations for the season and some blue chippers that aren't quite baked yet, my vets (Malkin, Wheeler, Burns, etc) could quickly end up on the trade block.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
This week I've lost Eichel, Hertl, Meier, Martin Jones, and Varlamov to postponed games. It's funny watching my expected points for the week drop tonight as the cancelled buffalo game gets factored in.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Just went to make an add to my team because a player went on the IR, but they told me I had to remove McKenzie Blackwood from an IR slot because he's not on the IR list anymore...nevermind the fact that the Devils aren't going to play for another week, lol.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Binnington is on his way to the Spartans.
Blackwood comes home to the Bull Moose.

Thanks, @Sparty, for letting me fanboy Blackwood.

In return he gets the goalie behind a top defense and currently #5 in goalie points and #16 overall in our league.

I pulled both those guys off the waiver wire two years ago, so it's bittersweet. We'll see if my latest project Lankinen, currently the #6 goalie in our league, can follow suit.

Also holding Otter as a backup is killing me but I believe in that kid long-term. Young goalies are so awkward to keep in fantasy hockey.

P.S. Not being able to draft Askarov is criminal.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Didn't get too much older dealing Blackwood for Binnington but he def fits my old guy roster better. St Louis team is old and Blackwood has potential to surpass Binnington pretty fast, but I'm trying to do this thing now. Blackwood could have been my franchise goalie going fwd, but I'm just as happy with Binnington, both guys are studs.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Didn't get too much older dealing Blackwood for Binnington but he def fits my old guy roster better. St Louis team is old and Blackwood has potential to surpass Binnington pretty fast, but I'm trying to do this thing now. Blackwood could have been my franchise goalie going fwd, but I'm just as happy with Binnington, both guys are studs.

Binnington outpaced Blackwood last year, even with Binnington losing starts to Allen. There's not much threat of that happening in the St. Louis system right now. Their defensive system is really good for goalies.

I think Binnington is a safer bet for a team looking to win today. My fanboyism made me ask about the deal, not the math. The math shows I kinda goofed.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
You rat bastards.

Well.

Glad I used multiple accounts to make sure I'm managing two separate teams in this league, heh.

TOTALLY KIDDING of course.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
By the way, THRILLHOUSE trades Alex Ovechkin to Benders for Eeli Tolvanen. I'm at work right now, super busy, so if you could just push that trade through, commish, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Sparty

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
By the way, THRILLHOUSE trades Alex Ovechkin to Benders for Eeli Tolvanen. I'm at work right now, super busy, so if you could just push that trade through, commish, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

upload_2021-2-3_15-31-8.gif

Reactions: Bench and jaster

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

I held Tolvanen for a few years. I'm pretty convinced he's going to need a change of scenery to succeed, ala Fiala.

But then again he's 1/1 on shots this year. 100%. Can Ovechkin say that? I don't think so.

Reactions: jaster

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Binnington is on his way to the Spartans.
Blackwood comes home to the Bull Moose.

Thanks, @Sparty, for letting me fanboy Blackwood.

In return he gets the goalie behind a top defense and currently #5 in goalie points and #16 overall in our league.

I pulled both those guys off the waiver wire two years ago, so it's bittersweet. We'll see if my latest project Lankinen, currently the #6 goalie in our league, can follow suit.

Also holding Otter as a backup is killing me but I believe in that kid long-term. Young goalies are so awkward to keep in fantasy hockey.

P.S. Not being able to draft Askarov is criminal.

I was going Byfield then Askarov and figured it out when I typed in his name on draft night...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I was going Byfield then Askarov and figured it out when I typed in his name on draft night...

That was me and @Winger98 trying to draft Hughes a few years ago. Dude just wasn't there on draft day.

Similarly, Kasparov bounced around a few teams. I had him at one point. Pretty sure someone else did before me? Then he vanished from the league. Only to get drafted again this year. NCAA and Russian prospects are spotty.

I feel like we need to come up with some kind of Askarov lottery to prevent this scenario when he eventually shows up on the waiver wire in the next few years. But that's another random rule outside of Yahoo we gotta police.

Maybe the next draft we could create a rule where you draft a totally worthless player (you can still add/draft Jimmy Howard and Abdelkader) but write-in your real choice to the Commish.

Subsequent NA worthless player takes the roster spot reserved for the real guy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That was me and @Winger98 trying to draft Hughes a few years ago. Dude just wasn't there on draft day.

Similarly, Kasparov bounced around a few teams. I had him at one point. Pretty sure someone else did before me? Then he vanished from the league. Only to get drafted again this year. NCAA and Russian prospects are spotty.

I feel like we need to come up with some kind of Askarov lottery to prevent this scenario when he eventually shows up on the waiver wire in the next few years. But that's another random rule outside of Yahoo we gotta police.

Maybe the next draft we could create a rule where you draft a totally worthless player (you can still add/draft Jimmy Howard and Abdelkader) but write-in your real choice to the Commish.

I think it is is silly that Yahoo cannot figure out how to load the first two rounds of each year in at least, we could just keep a keeper prospect list and announce that on some of the European and NCAA guys. I get it would be annoying but we have the ability to do it, just would be less than ideal because of yahoo.

My youth rebuild is going to take a while, I am the freaking old Oilers/Sabres, let's hope it works out better for me than them.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

Sounds fair, I was looking for Askarov too

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Oh and you should be happy with the trade I made, because I just lost maybe 2 goalie starts because of it and our matchup is basically neck and neck. Might have just shot myself in the foot here.

I wasn't gonna say it but yeah, this factored into my decision

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
More games gone.

Wild have four games postponed; players added to NHL COVID-19 protocol

The Minnesota Wild have had four games postponed through Feb. 9 due to the NHL COVID-19 protocol.
Minnesota was scheduled to play at the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday and to begin a four-game homestand Saturday and Sunday against the Arizona Coyotes. The first of a two-game set against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday also has been postponed.

Hope none of you were counting on games for Wild players or those against the Wild.

I also hope nobody is actually putting real money on fantasy this season. Yeesh.

Reactions: Winger98

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Jeez that's brutal. Looks like your opponent has five players down tonight...so I guess at least you have that going for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad