OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Three (need one new owner to run team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And just a reminder about Yahoo's quirks...

If you make a single roster move, i.e. add or drop a player, it completely undoes your entire lineup for the week. So there will be times I meticulously make sure Malkin is in my starting lineup for each start, but one add later, and he's on the bench the rest of the week.

And using the "auto" function is basically a game of Russian roulette.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Knights were going to have to play that game without their coaching staff, kind of wanted to see that, lol

I'll be without Parayko, Pacioretty and Wild Bill. I guess only good thing is there's so many games tonight, I can backfill some of these.

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
It would be nice if Yahoo attached an OUT designation to players who are scheduled to play in games that are postponed, this way you can add a new player to your roster and add the postponed game players to IR slots without having to drop someone (and we can add more IR slots if we need to). We shouldn't have to drop anyone if our guy is out of a game because the game is no longer happening. Like I said before, we can keep tabs on this to see how it affects our season but right now it seems like it's going to affect teams in ways that are mostly luck of the draw.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Like I said before, we can keep tabs on this to see how it affects our season but right now it seems like it's going to affect teams in ways that are mostly luck of the draw.

There's always a big luck element with fantasy but this season is going to be off the charts.

When playoffs happen for us, these postponed games could be made up in a hasty fashion - so that could give some folks massive advantage down the line.

Like sure this week I probably lose without my games from O'Reilly and Pietrangelo (now officially in COVID protocol, shit), but when they make up that game later that could be a deciding factor later in the season.

Strange year.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Do we cap games played? I cannot remember.

There's no cap on games. If you want to make roster moves in an effort to maximize your number of games played every week there's nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

Been a few years since I've played fantasy. Mostly cause my irl friends aren't big hockey fans, would be interested in joining though!

Shoot me a PM with your email address if you're interested, I'll give you control of the team. If you have any questions about the league, let us know. Most of the rules can be found in this thread and last year's thread too. I made a couple moves to the team already this week because it was lacking at the goalie and defense position and there were empty roster spots.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There's no cap on games. If you want to make roster moves in an effort to maximize your number of games played every week there's nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

Shoot me a PM with your email address if you're interested, I'll give you control of the team. If you have any questions about the league, let us know. I made a couple moves to the team already this week because it was lacking at the goalie and defense position and there were empty roster spots.

10:4, I just saw 7 games remaining on the opponent, when losing by 3 points and realizing 9 guys played I wanted to double check that.

Unfortunately I get this:laugh:

giphy.gif

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I was "managing" the ghost team last week and made some suspect moves. They needed a goalie and I added one that didn't play, and then I think I added two forwards when I didn't realize they were hurting for defensemen. I saw it was a close one and probably was a lot closer because I bungled it those roster moves...if that makes you feel any better. RNH almost did that thing for you last night though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was "managing" the ghost team last week and made some suspect moves. They needed a goalie and I added one that didn't play, and then I think I added two forwards when I didn't realize they were hurting for defensemen. I saw it was a close one and probably was a lot closer because I bungled it those roster moves...if that makes you feel any better. RNH almost did that thing for you last night though.

It was fine, Hughes and Konecny really screwed my chase down, really Konecny twice by getting his strange scratch mid-week, tough when your point per game guys no show in the back half the week.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I already have 10 man games that will lost this week due to postponements.

This is kinda brutal.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
This 3 transactions-per-week cap for such large rosters is kinda brutal.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
In my other league I was offered Bergeron for JT Miller but the league vetoed. :(

I drafted Bergeron in year one and I'll probably never deal him, guy gets 2-3 points in every game just from faceoffs.

I'm good with making trades, but I don't have much motivation to deal depth guys. If someone wants to swap some keepers I'm always down with that if we can work something out. Bench put together a monster last year though, so maybe I should have been watching what he was doing and taking notes.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
its good. you have to think a bit more and your roster stays more consistent through the year

I'm not opposed to a limit. We've all surely been in other fantasy leagues with no limit and there's always guys who have a merry-go-round going, which I agree is annoying. But I'd argue that the limit of 3, for a roster that has 30 spots (including IR and NA) is too limiting. It didn't make me think any harder than if the limit had been 5 or 6, it just resulted in me watching guys get picked up multiple days after I would have liked to grab them to fill holes on my roster, especially these first couple weeks.

In the end, it's not a big deal, especially in a free league. I just don't see any real added value to the league having the limit so low.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
In my other league I was offered Bergeron for JT Miller but the league vetoed. :(

Wow that seems lame. Don't know the rules of that league, but unless there is collusion, or maybe a gross misunderstanding of the terms by one party or the other, trades shouldn't be vetoed, imo.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Only reason I like having some kind of roster move limits is because we don't have a cap on games. You could get like 3/4 extra games played every week if you didn't have a cap of any kind. Maybe we go up to five and go from there.

I still think the bigger problem is Yahoo not classifying players as OUT when their games are postponed, because you don't want to dump those players to pick up someone else in most cases. It doesn't seem right to classify the players on the COVID list as OUT but not their teammates, when they can't play because of the guys who are on the COVID list.

Reactions: jaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad