OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
ok with 8 keepers and looking forward to our next season! i like the idea of a trading period before the draft

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Absolutely - trades have been open all offseason , it is just the add/drop feature which I chose to freeze for the offseason

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You can expect your season to be about as successful as an Aaron Rodgers beer chug.

giphy.gif

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd imagine with everyone shrinking rosters it's going to be tough to swing trades for picks. I admire your optimism.

But I'm definitely open to hockey trades.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'd imagine with everyone shrinking rosters it's going to be tough to swing trades for picks. I admire your optimism.

But I'm definitely open to hockey trades.

Dude, your team is ROTTEN ... you need all 3 of my players , and I will give them to you for a discounted price. Please slide into my DMs but DO NOT attach any media to your message please!!!

Reactions: Bench

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm down with eight keepers as well.

Doing a draft is going to be interesting with new teams, how will we determine draft order? Reverse order of finish from last year and let them have the first and second picks in each round?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Dude, your team is ROTTEN ... you need all 3 of my players , and I will give them to you for a discounted price. Please slide into my DMs but DO NOT attach any media to your message please!!!

My team is rotten... with defenders and goalies.

Before I know what the hell I'm doing we'll need to figure out the goalie thing. And I know we kicked around adding another D slot?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
My team is rotten... with defenders and goalies.

Before I know what the hell I'm doing we'll need to figure out the goalie thing. And I know we kicked around adding another D slot?

I wouldn't be against adding a D slot. Curious if some of the depth we saw will disappear with more people playing.

I'd chime in on the goalie thing, but I don't know enough about it to really be helpful outside of the observation that the goalies were too valuable. I mean, I never thought my team was that great but my entire season turned around with McElhinny and Greiss playing well.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I won a title with Devan Dubnyk, Roberto Luongo and David Rittich as my main goalies, my other guys were a revolving door (Casey Desmith, Alexander Georgiev, etc).

As far the defense goes, I think that's why I won a title. My D wasn't very good on the top end, but I think I had really good depth. I think that adding another D man when we're adding another two teams will make it even harder though. I know when I was looking for defense while I had a guy go to IR, it was a lot harder to add a worthwhile D man that it was trying to find a replacement forward. I hammered the waiver wire right after the season started and was able to get some good undrafted defensemen who were really important for me, not guys that were really good but good depth guys.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I won a title with Devan Dubnyk, Roberto Luongo and David Rittich as my main goalies, my other guys were a revolving door (Casey Desmith, Alexander Georgiev, etc).

As far the defense goes, I think that's why I won a title. My D wasn't very good on the top end, but I think I had really good depth. I think that adding another D man when we're adding another two teams will make it even harder though. I know when I was looking for defense while I had a guy go to IR, it was a lot harder to add a worthwhile D man that it was trying to find a replacement forward.
Thinly veiled brag about winning the title

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I would once the league gets reupped on Yahoo. And want to know what changes are in place so i can figure out how to structure my team. hoping for a quick turn around this year similar to Blues. From bottom to the top.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I would once the league gets reupped on Yahoo. And want to know what changes are in place so i can figure out how to structure my team. hoping for a quick turn around this year similar to Blues. From bottom to the top.
I just noticed it wasnt up anymore. It was up for the longest time.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Ya they take it down just before they re release it. Eternal Sunshine just has to hit a few buttons and itll be back up. Have to look on desktop version once its up before itll show on mobile for some reason. One of my leagues is back up and waiting for the others.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I wouldn't be against adding a D slot. Curious if some of the depth we saw will disappear with more people playing.

I'd chime in on the goalie thing, but I don't know enough about it to really be helpful outside of the observation that the goalies were too valuable. I mean, I never thought my team was that great but my entire season turned around with McElhinny and Greiss playing well.

I'm not sure what the best solution is, either. You can keep the current system the same but reduce goalie points overall.

Or, and this is my preference, limit how many goalie games can be played per week. The second option makes it so it's less about playing any goalie all week, but more about having 2 quality starters to play each week.

Limiting starts means people don't hoard 5 goalies, too, opening up more waiver depth options for those with goalie injuries and such.

A final option is just to say you can only carry two NHL goalies at any time.

So in recap:
- reduce points
- limit number of starts
- limit goalies held

I like the starts option, because then at least someone could reasonably have a tandem goalie and it still be worthwhile.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm down with the starts option too. I don't know if it's possible to set the max starts for position players and goalies independent of each other, but if it is that's good option. Once the playoffs came I just started dropping depth players to maximize the number of games I was going to get with my three waiver claims each week, looking for any advantage I could get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad