OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'm open to offers on any of my vets. Injuries have basically derailed any real chance I had.

No one is off limits but Mathews, Petterson, Aho, Gibson, Werenski, Brady T are brinks truck only offers.

Trouba, Svech, and Sergachev would have to be real hockey trades.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
I'm open to offers on any of my vets. Injuries have basically derailed any real chance I had.

No one is off limits but Mathews, Petterson, Aho, Gibson, Werenski, Brady T are brinks truck only offers.

Trouba, Svech, and Sergachev would have to be real hockey trades.
Sent you an offer.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Aaron, I'm not sure if you know this, but Max Pacioretty returned from injury like ten days ago. You might want to take him off of your injured reserve. Same with Nolan Patrick. I'm pulling for you to get that first W, but you're making our hard on yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: turkleton85

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Respond to what?

We just hadn't seen you setting lines, correcting IR with healthy players, posting in here, etc.

I know that life gets in the way a lot of the time but Yahoo has an auto-set lines feature that you just have to press once a week (it isn't perfect but at least it gets players into your line up)

Obviously there are going to be varying levels of involvement across the 12 of us but the bare minimum would be playing competitively and showing you are at least active in setting lines and those types of actions

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I would suggest for next season we tone down goaltending power to be closer to skater level

I don't mind them being slightly more valuable/ high scoring due to the potential limit in their play time (all or nothing in most games, typical starter only plays say 3/4 of the games in a season, etc.)

is this something people agree with? I'd say right now it is potentially exploitable

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I would suggest for next season we tone down goaltending power to be closer to skater level

I don't mind them being slightly more valuable/ high scoring due to the potential limit in their play time (all or nothing in most games, typical starter only plays say 3/4 of the games in a season, etc.)

is this something people agree with? I'd say right now it is potentially exploitable

i actually like it, its pretty close to reality, don't you think? a good team with good skaters can win you a lot of games, but Goalies often make the difference. I think this is acutally the more or less only strategic element in our fantasy game - getting enough goalie starts, foreseing potential starts etc

So i'd say keep it like it is. I also like the other settings. Defensive defensemen can be valuable through shot blocking and a good plus minus, goon hit a lot and have value. The only thing i would change is penalty minutes. It should be a negative stat

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I don't think it's too unreasonable right now. You are only starting two goalies vs three forwards at each position and four defensemen.

I think you're just frustrated because all your guys are all hurt right now.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I don't think it's too unreasonable right now. You are only starting two goalies vs three forwards at each position and four defensemen.

I think you're just frustrated because all your guys are all hurt right now.

I also am pretty on board with the general line up balance. I think we could stand to add 1 more D position but overall it has a nice balance and flow.

I more brought it up because it seems really easy to exploit right now. Big picture say I went out and traded for Gibson and Vasi and 1 or 2 other strong young starter types and kept Andersen + Gibson + Vasi , etc. and 4 or 5 of my 10 keepers are goalies who play ~60+ games every year and come in around 10-11 fantasy points per game on average, it seems like the balance of the league could come undone pretty quickly.

Maybe capping the # of goalies that can be kept would be a different thing I could suggest?

No frustration involved. At the time of the draft I had the two best goalies to that point in the season in Andersen and Anderson and was going to be streaming some platoon type guys afterwards. My situation in net is pretty strong assuming Andersen plays most of the Leafs games from here on out. Also, it is a free league that I made for fun to be more active on HF again.

I leave the frustration for the money leagues I play in and/ or run :P

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I also am pretty on board with the general line up balance. I think we could stand to add 1 more D position but overall it has a nice balance and flow.

I've been surprised at how much value D can accumulate. I look through the available player list and there are six D at the top of it who have accumulated over 200 points on the year. They might not average a lot, but they just show up every game and put something on the board.

Subscribe.

The goalie thing is real, it's why I'm carrying 5 right now, but they also all overlapped games. So I'll gave 4 guys playing the same day like today, but I'll have nobody going tomorrow.

I'd be in favor of tweaks like number of goalies kept.

Yeah, after getting nailed by some great goalie combos, I've started getting more aggressive in filling out my goalies. Anders freakin' Nilsson is my lowest average point getter in goal and he still averages 8.5 a start.

Also, Varlamov has been hurt and Colorado's idea of an injury update is "he might play tonight but if he doesn't he should suit up tomorrow." Really? Thanks.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
The only thing i would change is penalty minutes. It should be a negative stat

In that same vein, I always wondered why even strength points were always worth less than power play points, when power play points are easier to score. I know that's just how out always is, just never made sense to me.

Reactions: turkleton85

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Open to Offers

Once Thomas Chabot comes back onto the ice in the next couple of games, Johnny Boychuk will become expendable. Phillip Danault or Carl Soderberg may also be part of a package, i am looking for more flex offense players (Positions should involve C).

Boychuks nothing spectacular, but is a very consistent producer with a lot of hits blocks and shots. Also boosts a positive +/-

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Open to Offers

Once Thomas Chabot comes back onto the ice in the next couple of games, Johnny Boychuk will become expendable. Phillip Danault or Carl Soderberg may also be part of a package, i am looking for more flex offense players (Positions should involve C).

Boychuks nothing spectacular, but is a very consistent producer with a lot of hits blocks and shots. Also boosts a positive +/-

Offer Snet

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Took an L this week, nice team you have there Jay. My boys didn't show up but it didn't really matter.

Gotta start a new win streak this week against Sards.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2