• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I love that you can’t let my comment about UMD go :laugh:

I don't care at all. It's just amusing to me to throw it back. If you're going to idiotically call the two-time defending National Champions overrated, you should expect it when your team drops 2 against a lower ranked team.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't care at all. It's just amusing to me to throw it back. If you're going to idiotically call the two-time defending National Champions overrated, you should expect it when your team drops 2 against a lower ranked team.
You’re team is overrated because they lost to my mediocre team. I’m not sitting here propping my team up. I’m saying it’s bad you lost to Wisconsin because of what they are and have been for years now. Penn St just made a sweep look easy.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m bored. My team just won 2 titles, and yours won 2 games in mid-October. I guess we’re even.
You’ve successfully derailed the Caufield vs Boldy conversation because of something I said when your team had lost 3 of their first 4 games (4 of 5 including exh.) and were still ranked in the top 10. The losses weren’t exactly to power house teams. Shouldn’t have been ranked top 10, thus overrated.

What was the basis of your "bigger, but not as skilled" comment?
It’s a short drive to the Kohl Center. Come out for a couple games. Heck, the gopher series is at the end of January. Should be a good one.

Maybe (hopefully) Boldy will start scoring by then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Skilled players put up points. Boldy has the body of a NHLer. When is all that skill he has going to amount to points in the NCAA?
If the argument is that pointz == skillz then Caufield is also more skilled than Zegras and Turcotte, and we killed it in the 2nd round because Vladislav Firstov is more skilled than Boldy and Newhook. And Adam Beckman is about as skilled as Dylan Cozens.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid, but I do think that the switch to center is taking some adjusting. His linemates haven't been doing him many favors either, and the whole BC squad outside of like two guys has been struggling to score much. If they moved Boldy to wing and played him with Mattila and Cotton his numbers probably look better, but I'd much rather have him stick at center and let him and Newhook figure things out.

I'm not trying to rag on Caufield or diminish his great start, but I do think his role with the Badgers is more straightforward and that that's worked in his favor. He's definitely more of a pure goalscorer than Boldy's ever likely to be.

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Put Caufield in a situation where he's the best player on his line and then see if that line ever even touches the puck

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If the argument is that pointz == skillz then Caufield is also more skilled than Zegras and Turcotte, and we killed it in the 2nd round because Vladislav Firstov is more skilled than Boldy and Newhook. And Adam Beckman is about as skilled as Dylan Cozens.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid, but I do think that the switch to center is taking some adjusting. His linemates haven't been doing him many favors either, and the whole BC squad outside of like two guys has been struggling to score much. If they moved Boldy to wing and played him with Mattila and Cotton his numbers probably look better, but I'd much rather have him stick at center and let him and Newhook figure things out.

I'm not trying to rag on Caufield or dimish his great start, but I do think his role with the Badgers is more straightforward and that that's worked in his favor. He's definitely more of a pure goalscorer than Boldy's ever likely to be.
I’m not saying that points determine it all. BUT, it’d be nice if Boldy would have more than one total point. Alex Newhook is known more for his playmaking and he has more goals/points than Boldy playing on the same line.

Put Caufield in a situation where he's the best player on his line and then see if that line ever even touches the puck
It’s amazing how he had 4 shots without touching the puck when Turcotte was out and his linemates were Pelton-Byce and Weissbach. Please show your ignorance and claim one of those two is better than Caufield.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I’m not saying that points determine it all. BUT, it’d be nice if Boldy would have more than one total point. Alex Newhook is known more for his playmaking and he has more goals/points than Boldy playing on the same line.
No argument there; he does have to start producing points at some point. I just don't think his stat line is a great indicator of what he's capable of or even how well he's been playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It’s amazing how he had 4 shots without touching the puck when Turcotte was out and his linemates were Pelton-Byce and Weissbach. Please show your ignorance and claim one of those two is better than Caufield.

At the risk of being a hater, which I'm actually not, can I ask how many of those shots were on the power play?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Weissbach is the best forward on that team right now. The fact that you don't see that, tells me all that I need to know about your understanding of the game.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
At the risk of being a hater, which I'm actually not, can I ask how many of those shots were on the power play?
3-1. To be fair though, UW spent almost 13 minutes on the power play that game. Weissbach and Caufield also didn’t mesh well with Pelton-Byce and were immediately placed with Holloway the next night. A night where Caufield was 1+1 6 sog.
Weissbach is the best forward on that team right now. The fact that you don't see that, tells me all that I need to know about your understanding of the game.
Best overall forward, eh?

You’re 0 for 2, but the important part is you keep trying.

No argument there; he does have to start producing points at some point. I just don't think his stat line is a great indicator of what he's capable of or even how well he's been playing.
I sure hope you’re right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
There is a lot of effort being spent on 2 players that have done jack and squat for the teams that drafted them.

I'd care a whole lot more if one guy was blowing up in the NHL and the other guy was pointless in whatever lesser league they were playing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad