HFWF OT 4 -- Midnight Blue Yeezys = drool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I liked EASHL more when you could customize your player, felt like a better experience to me. I loved making my 6'6 tough guy on D. It feels way too generic now.
Yea the hockey shop and stuff was fun. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't annoying as hell to run into those dudes who were way too good and you could never take the puck off.

Generalizing all the players to the same overall makes for a more level playing field. If you have a good team, your talent will win out regardless of personal build.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yea the hockey shop and stuff was fun. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't annoying as hell to run into those dudes who were way too good and you could never take the puck off.

Generalizing all the players to the same overall makes for a more level playing field. If you have a good team, your talent will win out regardless of personal build.

Yeah I get the reasoning behind it, but I still don't find it as fun. You did run across those teams with the 5'9 100 puck control guys and that sucked, but I just think the overall experience was more rewarding adding a little more customization and flavor to the game mode. I mean our team wasn't that great anyway so we had fun regardless of winning and losing. I mean, would it really be that hard to allow custom builds but not allow people to exploit them? In other games, everything has a strength and a weakness, just don't allow a player to be too strong in a certain area.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Doesn't even need to be frostbite imo. It just needed to be off the god awful engine its on now.

09-14 were legitimately great. (13 especially) Mostly because they had a good engine and slowly built off of it.

Doing the same thing here obviously, but the difference is the current gen is ass. You're gonna get **** if the base of the structure is ****

Not coincidence that '14 was the last game Littman was executive producer for iirc.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Man my friends apparently aren't friends anymore.

My female friend is here as i said before and a couple of them have been poking around to try and meet her (even though i've made it crystal clear we're not dating blah blah blah) and apparently i'm now public enemy #1 among the group

i got a couple texts from them on sunday asking why i'm avoiding them and why can't they meet her (weird how they don't seem to care about having me around) to which i bluntly explained they were being idiots about constantly assuming we were sleeping together/dating even when she's not into guys.

Since then i have found out they have begun talking behind my back, kicking me from the group imessage and planning my friend's birthday without me.

I feel like i should feel bad, but i don't for some reason.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Man my friends apparently aren't friends anymore.

My female friend is here as i said before and a couple of them have been poking around to try and meet her (even though i've made it crystal clear we're not dating blah blah blah) and apparently i'm now public enemy #1 among the group

i got a couple texts from them on sunday asking why i'm avoiding them and why can't they meet her (weird how they don't seem to care about having me around) to which i bluntly explained they were being idiots about constantly assuming we were sleeping together/dating even when she's not into guys.

Since then i have found out they have begun talking behind my back, kicking me from the group imessage and planning my friend's birthday without me.

I feel like i should feel bad, but i don't for some reason.

Ohh I forgot you were having that friend from New York (it was NY, right?) come visit. How's that going (minus the friend drama)?

That's pretty balls on your friends' part. If they're not gonna respect you enough to treat your new visiting friend with any respect, why should they feel entitled to getting calls and texts from you?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's gone well actually lol. Probably the best summer i've had in a long time. Checked out a bunch of stuff around the city (museums, football games, other cultural stuff) and it feels really good to have someone who actually wants to do that. Usually my other friends (if i can call them that at this point) aren't into that at all.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
look at the bright side. ive lost 3 friends since my birthday.... las in they're dead.
it's been rough two weeks.

anyways, dont worry about them. theyre gonna comeback for you when your chick friend is gone. but now you know how they are.....

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's gone well actually lol. Probably the best summer i've had in a long time. Checked out a bunch of stuff around the city (museums, football games, other cultural stuff) and it feels really good to have someone who actually wants to do that. Usually my other friends (if i can call them that at this point) aren't into that at all.

Yeah it's always interesting when you meet someone who takes you out of your norm that you've had with old friends for so many years. You learn a lot about yourself I find, that's what happened to me when I moved to Toronto. I recently cut out all my hometown friends due to some messy drama but at the same time I wasn't super broken up because I've had such a better life since leaving the comfort zone of my hometown.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah seriously. I learned that my friends were wrong about how they claim i just like to stay inside and play video games. It's more if i have someone to actually hang out with, i'll go do anything.

The best part of her being here is she got to meet my family from Australia. I've been wanting to go travel there for years but have been a bit hesitant because i wanted to go semi-long term (so like, a year) going alone was a bit frightening to me. So my aunt (since she and my uncle own a business) goes "how about you both come stay?" since they could give us jobs.

Suffice to say, the future looks bright. All she needs is to find a part time gig to help save money and then we're set.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Heading up to WayHome Music Fest today for the entire weekend. Three straight days of music, booze, and assorted substances. I think I'm going to be dead come Monday morning - RIP. Follow my adventures on my Snapchat and IG. :sarcasm:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
#neverforget that night where MCG and I were sending snaps to each other of both of us creeping Virt's Twitter while blasting Kendrick Lamar. :laugh:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
341B45FDD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad