HFWF Fantasy Hockey KEEPER League

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Here’s my two cents being unbiased since I’m a part of it, and I said the same when I traded @Pinkfloyd Karlsson and Doughty:

The veto should be to block collusion, not save a GM from making (what others) deem a bad trade. Otherwise, Karlsson and Doughty would still be on my team.

If we blocked every trade we deem “bad” then this league would die because no one would make trades.

Someone traded picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3 to make a run.
If you weren't giving up the 2nd and 3rd picks for next year, Tuch for Stamkos would be the definition of collusion.

jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
So for people asking why I did this. I’m not gonna keep 3 pure centres as keepers so I was gonna trade one of Malkin or Stamkos. I’ve been offering up both guys for more than a month and haven’t gotten a single offer other than an earlier discussion with mcg. I’m also stacking picks for next year much like I did last year. Hopefully this year I make better decisions with the picks I get

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If you weren't giving up the 2nd and 3rd picks for next year, Tuch for Stamkos would be the definition of collusion.
That’s exactly why I WANT draft picks to move around. It makes trades like these interesting and fun.

Otherwise the only trades we’d ever get would be similar to the Hoffman-Pulock deal.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dude, I traded you Karlsson AND Doughty in a trade that the only thing I’ll have to show for it after the season is the 2nd I got in the deal and losing my own 7th. :laugh:

GM’s are allowed to make bad deals if their aim is stocking up on picks, selling off, etc.

Karlsson has barely played for me since that deal and Doughty is meh. It was a fair deal. This is just trash. I agree GM's are allowed to make bad deals but that doesn't mean I can't complain about it and it's a bad deal even with the understanding that tanking is legitimate from my perspective. lol

Reactions: M.C.G. 31

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If I can land an upgrade in net my 5 keepers are definitely set with Stammer, Eichel, Boeser, Jones and goalie.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Eesh. And with 2 and 3 gone...i mean... ...eesh.
I had two 2nds so I’ll survive. 1st is safe and sound.

I’ve learned through other leagues that stockpiling picks early, while it increases chances, doesn’t guarantee success.

I do want an upgrade in net tho lol

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was up 8-4-0 on Thursday...crazy
I've done a decent enough job throughout the entire week to never give up more than 6 categories to @CHGoalie27 and I've consistently had 4 on my own. Looking at the standings, you would have had to go 12-0-0 if I kept 4 categories this week to take my playoff spot lol

now if I dropped 2 and you had a 10- record, ouff

Reactions: Fro

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@M.C.G. 31 We're having a good battle this week, were tied unless jones doesnt play for some reason....i made 3 mistakes with FA this week tho i pissed 2 categories away

4 guys out that shouldve played today (Hank being 4th)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
@M.C.G. 31 We're having a good battle this week, were tied unless jones doesnt play for some reason....i made 3 mistakes with FA this week tho i pissed 2 categories away

4 guys out that shouldve played today (Hank being 4th)
my streamers have been awful this week for the most part. I'm going to have to go with those wisely in our playoff match-up, because there's 7 for a 2-week match-up now rather than the usual 7 for 1-week.

EDIT: holy shit I'm leading lol

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
my streamers have been awful this week for the most part. I'm going to have to go with those wisely in our playoff match-up, because there's 7 for a 2-week match-up now rather than the usual 7 for 1-week.

EDIT: holy **** I'm leading lol
I cant imagine rootin against the Hawks vs San Jose so Id sooner let ya keep that win point

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I cant imagine rootin against the Hawks vs San Jose so Id sooner let ya keep that win point
unless Jones shits the bed in the 3rd you've got it lol

I shouldn't have dressed Lehner but who would have thought he'd shit the bed that bad vs. Philly

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
unless Jones ****s the bed in the 3rd you've got it lol

I shouldn't have dressed Lehner but who would have thought he'd **** the bed that bad vs. Philly
You had nothing to lose in any goalie category tho. It was lucky for me Jones had the worst gaa as it was so he couldve stopped those 12 shots and let in however many and got pulled and i still wouldve kept the sv% at about the same. Plus Lehner almost put you just over in the saves column

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Playoffs time! Let's see who can run the waiver wire the best ... cause it ain't me, I just let my roster go and hope for the best. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Playoffs time! Let's see who can run the waiver wire the best ... cause it ain't me, I just let my roster go and hope for the best. :laugh:
I think last year I only made acquisitions when I had too many low game days. There’s only 7 available for the full 2-week round 1 matchup, so gotta be wise with them.

I need to pull this upset off. Sorry, @CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think last year I only made acquisitions when I had too many low game days. There’s only 7 available for the full 2-week round 1 matchup, so gotta be wise with them.

I need to pull this upset off. Sorry, @CHGoalie27
I understand, I already made my mark never having lost the 1st place spot :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad