HFVancouver Victoria Meet Up -- Hey, Let's All Be Angry Together

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I actually was planning on having people over for the draft. If anyone is interested let me know. Its less than an hour from Vancouver, and the booze is cheap. Going to limit it to 7 - 8 people ....

If you just want a drink or two, I will be happy to provide that ... then again if you are driving home, you won't want too much more than that ...

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
DITCHER!!!

Only mossey and ProstheticConscience showed up to the Redcard Sportsbar, and PC was late IIRC (and brought along some drunk guy who was awesome lol).

It was between that or get drunk with friends. Considering how out of hand it got, probably for the best that I stayed in my neck of the woods. EDIT: That was 2 years ago...time flies.

I'm with bill on this one. Meeting up for the draft would be ideal.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Any fans in or around NYC?

/crickets

I know there were at least a couple of other NY-based HFCanuckers as of a year or so ago. I'd be happy to set something up if any are interested in an East Coast meetup.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Any fans in or around NYC?

/crickets

I know there were at least a couple of other NY-based HFCanuckers as of a year or so ago. I'd be happy to set something up if any are interested in an East Coast meetup.

Machinehead and Officer Friendly are both NYR fans but cheer for Vancouver as their second teams.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
what ever happened to that shinny game that was planned to be played?

we should set one of those up again.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'll be honest...I wasn't exactly sure where Kitimat was. I googled it and holy crap. What we consider a luxury Alaskan cruise would just be normal travel? :laugh: :sarcasm:

Anyway...let's do another one of these in Vancouver too. Last time we hosted one only me and two others showed up. :laugh:

It's only a brisk 16 hour drive away...:sarcasm:

If you buy the airplane tickets I'm there.

I'd be more inclined to buy my way down. :laugh:

I go back and forth to the island, is go if It works out timing wise.

Ps. Kitimat is a dump hole. Good fishing though and the hotel is a trashy blast of a time too!

It's funny that everyone who knows Kitimat knows "The Hotel". :laugh: I've lived here for 8 years and have never been. The stories I hear are enough for me - Mrs. C's brother worked as a bouncer there for a while. Good grief.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
what ever happened to that shinny game that was planned to be played?

we should set one of those up again.

It was going to be Thanksgiving, but there was no ice-time, and then my trip got cancelled. Grr.

Next time I have a trip planned down I don't mind organizing. Although you certainly don't have to wait on my account!

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So my present plan is to have a 2016 draft party at my place in Bellingham on Friday June 24, starting an hour before the draft commences, which is usually 4 or 5 pm Vancouver time.

I intend to have 3 or 4 of the guys i play hockey with here, and up to 7 or 8 guys from HF boards. I will redo this in June, but if you are interested let me know. I am less than 15 minutes from the border, so it is quicker than going to Abbotsford.

Guys i know in Surrey can get here in under 20 minutes with a Nexus card.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
59, why.

I was playing hockey 4 times a week until i broke my ribs 5 days before christmas ....

Not really concerned with peoples ages, though they should be 21 if they want to drink my beer.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
trap.jpg

If I wasn't so abominably far away, I'd be there. You could always hold one in Kitimat. Right? Guys? Anyone? :sarcasm:

I'm pretty well traveled and have a minor geography fetish but I still had to look up to find exactly where Kitimat was on the north coast.

but I'm sure we Alcan come up there right?:naughty:

MISC*

59, why.

I was playing hockey 4 times a week until i broke my ribs 5 days before christmas ....

Not really concerned with peoples ages, though they should be 21 if they want to drink my beer.

im 6 wat is this

I was talking to TPM

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
I live in Victoria as well. I'd be down with a possible meet up. I don't frequent HFboards much so I might be able to make it.

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Machinehead and Officer Friendly are both NYR fans but cheer for Vancouver as their second teams.

I'd be down for a thing. Maybe we can get Wolt AKA Officer Friendly.

Nice! As would I.

I'd also be interested in hearing any recommendations y'all may have in terms of good sports bars in Manhattan - I've been here for 3 years and counting and still haven't found 'em!

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I live in Vic and would be in. Something around the deadline or even the draft would be really fun.

embee

Apr 29, 2011
As someone who lives in Vic, rarely posts, and never converses with any of you....

I'm in.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I really want to come to this, pretend I have no idea who any of you are and watch how you all operate in reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad