Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
SLOB ON MY DOB
:vegas / :nashville
dobson_noah2_fu8ueo9_large.jpg

The Vegas Golden Knights have shipped off promising young defenseman Noah Dobson to the Nashville Predators in a deal which also included a 2020 VGK 2nd round pick included. Coming the other way, the Preds dealt 24 year old defenseman Cody Ceci and 28 year old Swedish ace Matthias Ekholm. The Predators also retained 50% of Ekholm's salary for the entirety of his 4 year contract; Ekholm is currently making 3.75M per year. When asked about the trade and his new pieces, Preds GM @Guentzel59 added "I think Noah Dobson is a very good two way defensive prospect who can be a very, very, good asset to our team, and the pick adds to my plan of having a good 2020 draft". Based off of the insight provided, Nashville will probably start to rise for the 2020/2021 season and looks to load up at the 2020 draft. Ekholm and Ceci are two nice pieces to add to the budding defensive core in Vegas that already includes Drew Doughty and multiple prospects such as Timothy Liljegren, Evan Bouchard, Ty Smith, Ryan Merkley, and more. There's no doubt that Vegas plans to stack up on the defensemen in the coming years, a strategy that could pay off well for the second year expansion team. GM @Lucbourdon was questioned about the deal and enlightened us on the players and Vegas' future saying "VGK are absolutely thrilled in adding both Ekholm and Ceci to our roster for countless years. Ekholm is a young 28 year old defensemen, who will give you consistent 30 point production, plays heavy minutes, and is on a Stanley Cup contending team. Ekholm is signed for another 4 years at a retained contract to help grow the depth with Matthews and Doughty believing in Vegas's Future. Cody Ceci is a young 24 year old defensemen, who has been putting up solid production with the given ice time, and should get a more significant role with Ottawa after the Karlsson situation solves itself."

To NSH: Noah Dobson + 2020 VGK 2nd
To VGK: Matthias Ekholm (50% Retained) and Cody Ceci

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
SCHMIDT TO BEAN TOWN
:ducks / :bruins
maxresdefault.jpg

The strong feast again in Boston as the Bruins acquire defenseman Nate Schmidt from the Anaheim Ducks in a trade which also includes three prospects. Boston sent the Ducks Jake Evans, Tanner Laczynski and Jimmy Schuldt in the deal, three players developed in the NCAA with dreams of NHL stardom. Bruins GM @LaVar added that "We feel we are very close in terms of dominating and adding a stud defender like Nate only increases our chances of success." The Bruins fell just short of glory this year and Schmidt is another piece to shore up their depth for a very cheap price. Anaheim GM @VanillaCoke felt "that adding depth and good prospects to the organization was the right move at this point, good quality NCAA players often transition well to the NHL."

TO BOS: Nate Schmidt
TO ANA: Jake Evans, Tanner Laczynski and Jimmy Schuldt

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Switching Lanes
:stars / :ducks
cut.jpg

The Dallas Stars and Anaheim Ducks have completed a multi faceted trade including multiple prospects and players. In the deal Anaheim acquires Josh Ho-Sang, Tyler Steenbergen and Spencer Foo, three young forwards poised to make the NHL soon. Dallas grabs American goalie Jake Oettinger as well as forwards Kole Lind, Lane Zablocki, and two 2020 2nd round picks from Boston and Anaheim respectively. The deal is an interesting swap of talents and seems to help address the needs of both teams.

To DAL: Jake Oettinger, Kole Lind, Lane Zablocki, 2020 BOS 2nd, 2020 ANA 2nd
To ANA: Spencer Foo, Tyler Steenbergen, Josh Ho-Sang

Reactions: LaVar and Dabeast

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
VEGAS IN SHAMBLES?
:vegas

Oh boy where to start. So first he trades Tolvanen and Suzuki for picks, now he’s trading Logan Brown for a low potential player in Wood and a pick? How far is he gonna push the rebuild into the future? Is he gonna be able to field a forward core in 3 years? I don’t know how you can justify trading your 3 best forwards prospects outside of Necas for that return when the only forwards on your roster that are worth anything are Kopitar and Matthews (that cap hit doe). Considering his current position Logan Brown is a player he should be keeping on to, not trading for quantity.

submitted by an anonymous source

Reactions: Black Noise

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
VEGAS IN SHAMBLES?

Oh boy where to start. So first he trades Tolvanen and Suzuki for picks, now he’s trading Logan Brown for a low potential player in Wood and a pick? How far is he gonna push the rebuild into the future? Is he gonna be able to field a forward core in 3 years? I don’t know how you can justify trading your 3 best forwards prospects outside of Necas for that return when the only forwards on your roster that are worth anything are Kopitar and Matthews (that cap hit doe). Considering his current position Logan Brown is a player he should be keeping on to, not trading for quantity.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/cms/binary/7792825.jpg?size=640x420

Attention: Fans of the Dallas Stars,
For the past number of years, I have been fortunate to have been able to play the game I love in a city I love in front of some amazing fans (and an awesome social media team). It is here that my wife Jill and I have grown into a family, welcoming our son Wyatt nearly 2 years ago. My wife and I can't imagine leaving this beautiful place, and I can't imagine stopping pucks for another organization. I want to assure the fans that I will be here through thick and thin, trying my best to get a Stanley Cup back to the great community of Dallas. My roots are deeply entrenched here and I am excited for the long term future of the Stars and their desire to build a dynasty the right way, and I want to do all that I can to see that dream come to life. As such, despite all the rumors, I will not be waiving my no trade clause. GO STARS GO!
Much love,
Cory Schneider

Last edited:
Reactions: LaVar

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
VEGAS IN SHAMBLES?

giphy.gif

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
VEGAS IN SHAMBLES?

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/cms/binary/7792825.jpg?size=640x420

Attention: Fans of the Dallas Stars,
For the past number of years, I have been fortunate to have been able to play the game I love in a city I love in front of some amazing fans (and an awesome social media team). It is here that my wife Jill and I have grown into a family, welcoming our son Wyatt nearly 2 years ago. My wife and I can't imagine leaving this beautiful place, and I can't imagine stopping pucks for another organization. I want to assure the fans that I will be here through thick and thin, trying my best to get a Stanley Cup back to the great community of Dallas. My roots are deeply entrenched here and I am excited for the long term future of the Stars and their desire to build a dynasty the right way, and I want to do all that I can to see that dream come to life. As such, despite all the rumors, I will not be waiving my no trade clause. GO STARS GO!
Much love,
Cory Schneider
EnlightenedGlitteringAndeancockoftherock.gif

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Katchouk_TW_CHL_3019-1040x572.jpg

The Edmonton Oilers have signed C Hayden Verbeek to a 3 year ELC worth $2.7M (900K AAV)

cut.jpg

The Florida Panthers have signed F Blake Comeau to a 2 year deal worth 5.2M (2.6M AAV).

Matt+Fraser+-+Texas+Stars.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets have resigned D Joe Morrow to a 1 year deal worth 1M

e409f6f4-332f-47c9-8617-998e56ee2943_TVASPORTS_WEB.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets have also signed F Alan Quine to a 1 year 700K deal

auston-matthews-brandon-davidson.jpg

The Vegas Golden Knights have signed D Brandon Davidson to a 1 year 800K deal

Last edited:
Reactions: Dabeast

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Katchouk_TW_CHL_3019-1040x572.jpg

The Edmonton Oilers have signed C Hayden Verbeek to a 3 year ELC worth $2.7M (900K AAV)

cut.jpg

The Vegas Golden Knights have signed F Blake Comeau to a 2 year deal worth 8M (4M AAV). The deal includes a full NTC in the second and final year in his deal

Matt+Fraser+-+Texas+Stars.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets have resigned D Joe Morrow to a 1 year deal worth 1M

e409f6f4-332f-47c9-8617-998e56ee2943_TVASPORTS_WEB.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets have also signed F Alan Quine to a 1 year 700K deal

auston-matthews-brandon-davidson.jpg

The Vegas Golden Knights have signed D Brandon Davidson to a 1 year 800K deal
Huge mistake here its 2m per not 4m per
Fix plz

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
FORSBERG TO STARS
:stars / :sens

In a recent move, the Dallas Stars have acquired 25 year old Swedish netminder Anton Forsberg from the Ottawa Senators for defensive prospect Mitch Reinke. The Stars now have a tandem of Mrazek and Forsberg for the upcoming season, two goalies who could do really well, or really bad. Both will have opportunity to become true starters however. The Sens picked up Mitch Reinke in the deal, a 22 year old defenseman out of the NCAA who made his debut late last season showing some promise.

To DAL: Anton Forsberg
To OTT: Mitch Reinke

Reactions: Dabeast

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
:edmonton assign D Jon Merrill to Bakersfield Condors of the AHL

:edmonton assign F Jacob De La Rose to Bakersfield Condors of the AHL

:edmonton recall F Martin Necas from Bakersfield Condors of the AHL

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
CAPS GRAB HAMONIC
:wings / :caps
csal3946-jpg.jpg

The Washington Capitals have beefed up their defensive core with a trade for blue-liner Travis Hamonic, acquiring him from the Detroit Red Wings. The Caps sent a conditional 2020 3rd round pick that can turn into a 2nd round pick if the Capitals make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year. Washington is a team with a high powered offense that needs a little bit of a defensive boost, and Hamonic is a good start. The team is viewed as a middle of the table contender, but has some franchise players to work around like Stamkos, Wheeler and Kuznetsov; and surely another defensive stud could see them go far next year. Alas for Detroit, a pick is a pick.

To WSH: Travis Hamonic
To DET: Conditional 2020 WSH 3rd round pick (Condition: Pick becomes a 2nd round pick in 2020 if Washington Capitals make it to the 2nd round of the 2018-2019 playoffs)

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Quick roster rundown to help facilitate trade talks:

On the block: Kevin Shattenkirk (can retain), Mike Green, Sean Day

Don't ask: Draisaitl, Connor, Mittlestadt, 2018 draftees

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Quick roster rundown to help facilitate trade talks:

On the block: Kevin Shattenkirk (can retain), Mike Green, Sean Day

Don't ask: Draisaitl, Connor, Mittlestadt, 2018 draftees

Hello, what's the cost on Draisaitl?
Asking for a friend.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
:caps with acquiring Hamonic would like him on their main roster, and in correspondence with this deal, we'd like to:

SEND DOWN: Gustav Olofsson

Looking to upgrade defense core. Prospects and roster players available. Tight against the cap, so any deal would need to have pretty even cap numbers switched around, so a contract may need to be taken back.

Also willing to field some offers for Blake Wheeler at the moment to gauge value. Don't have a set cost for him, but if you have players/picks you'd want to offer, feel free to start some negotiations and I can think about it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad