Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
THE RAT IN THE HAT
:flames / :nashville
71363485.0.jpg

The Calgary Flames have finally dumped Patrik Berglund, and he’s going to Nashville along with prospect Isaac Ratcliffe. Going back to Calgary is the grinding winger Ryan Weaves, a gritty addition to the retooling squad. Ratcliffe and Berglund were both being shopped around and Nashville has been eager to shuffle the squad around in order to improve the ailing franchise. Berglund has waived his trade clause in the deal to go to Nashville and get a fresh start with the Preds.

To CGY: Ryan Reaves
To NSH: Patrik Berglund, Isaac Ratcliffe

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
The Detroit Red Wings are excited to welcome back long time Red Wing, Niklas Kronwall. We have been in talks with the Canucks for awhile in hopes to reacquire the defender for the remainder of his career. Kronwall has been a true leader and we are happy he found himself a cup in his year away from the team. We are excited to have him here be a mentor for the young players teaching them the right way to play. Thanks to Vancouver and GM Fosco for the trade talks

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
The Detroit Red Wings are excited to welcome back long time Red Wing, Niklas Kronwall. We have been in talks with the Canucks for awhile in hopes to reacquire the defender for the remainder of his career. Kronwall has been a true leader and we are happy he found himself a cup in his year away from the team. We are excited to have him here be a mentor for the young players teaching them the right way to play. Thanks to Vancouver and GM Fosco for the trade talks

The Vancouver Canucks would like to thank Niklas for his tireless effort over the season, as well as for his understanding the Canucks are going in a different direction with the D corps.

We wish him well in his return to Detroit and are certain he’ll bring leadership to a very promising young D corps and team.

And a thank you to GM Weylspin for the friendly negotiations.

FOurteenS InCisOr

Reactions: Weylspin

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
NTC / NMC / M-NTC Need to be changed.
The current trading system is broken. The current system is based on a bizarre method of convincing one individual that an imaginary player wishes to waive his imaginary trade clause to a certain team. This results in a gray area and produces uneven and questionable trades.

The solution I propose is as follows:

• Remove all current NMC and NTC.
  • Replace them with M-NTC 15 teams.

During the regular season the 15 teams could be based off current standings. In order to take into consideration teams going in different directions, during the off season we could go off power rankings.

I understand we want this league to be as close to reality as possible but the current trade system in regards to these no trade clauses does not work. This is a fantasy league not a real life simulator.

By implementing these changes it will increase GM activity and provide a more cut and dry trade environment for all GMs. It will also cut back on the amount of time and effort weyl has to spend on negotiating.

This also will help prevent issues of a GM quitting and leaving a team in shambles riddled with unmoveable NMCs only to have a new GM step in unable to make any major moves.

-goon42
CA CAAAAAAAAAAAW

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
NTC / NMC / M-NTC Need to be changed.
The current trading system is broken. The current system is based on a bizarre method of convincing one individual that an imaginary player wishes to waive his imaginary trade clause to a certain team. This results in a gray area and produces uneven and questionable trades.

The solution I propose is as follows:

• Remove all current NMC and NTC.
  • Replace them with M-NTC 15 teams.

During the regular season the 15 teams could be based off current standings. In order to take into consideration teams going in different directions, during the off season we could go off power rankings.

I understand we want this league to be as close to reality as possible but the current trade system in regards to these no trade clauses does not work. This is a fantasy league not a real life simulator.

By implementing these changes it will increase GM activity and provide a more cut and dry trade environment for all GMs. It will also cut back on the amount of time and effort weyl has to spend on negotiating.

This also will help prevent issues of a GM quitting and leaving a team in shambles riddled with unmoveable NMCs only to have a new GM step in unable to make any major moves.

-goon42
CA CAAAAAAAAAAAW
Terrible idea, unless you add 10% to all contracts in which you remove the NMC's. Even then, its still a terrible idea, just less terrible.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Better option is compiling a pre-existing list of where players will accept trades to, then applying those criteria when evaluating whether the player waives.

E.g.
-Accepts former teams, top teams, teams with superstars.
-Rejects non-playoff teams, teams that have shown bad faith in player treatment, teams that dont have a NHL goalie.

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
lias-andersson-010517-getty-ftrjpg_1h97ejhvt5c781fuf0jvehglb6.jpg

The Colorado Avalanche have signed F Lias Andersson to a 3 year 1.75M AAV ELC

178718-0-600-620x400.jpg

As well as Vitali Kravtsov their 12th overall pick to a 3 year 1.75M AAV ELC

cut.jpg

The Vegas Golden Knights have signed their 6th overall pick D Evan Bouchard to a 3 years 1.66M AAV ELC

Reactions: Dabeast

donut

Sep 5, 2012
HFVHL Power Ranking Idea

I’m wondering what everyone’s take is for a HFVHL Power Ranking?

The idea of power rankings is to be used (1) as something new and fun to read throughout the season; and (2) a tool for teams and agents to use when negotiating players with clauses (NMC/NTC/M-NTC).

The first instillment of the power rankings will be to examine teams and rank them based off of:
  1. how they did in the 2017-18 HFVHL season
  2. the 2018 HFVHL Entry Draft
  3. off-season trades
  4. free agent signings
  5. prospects who may be looking to make a jump to the NHL this coming season
  6. projection on how the new will do this coming season
Once the off-season ranking is complete, I plan on doing a Top-16 Power Ranking each month throughout the season to have an up-to-date list going.

For the 1st Power Ranking, this is how I plan to approach it:

To keep things easier and more quickly, I will be making a poll every 2-3 days (based on the results, ie. a blowout victory). Everyone will be given around 10-12 teams to vote on. Teams will be asked to submit their top 3 teams (1-2-3) for each poll and will be given an “other” option in case one of their top 3 teams aren’t available to be selected via the poll options. By asking for everyones top-3 for each poll, I’m hoping to use it for any tie-breakers rather than creating a new poll and delaying the process.

Most likely for the in-season power rankings, I will ask teams to submit a list of their top-20 teams in order and average the rankings accordingly (while taking into account the off-season ranking for the FIRST in-season ranking that will be published).

Please let me know what you all think, I’m open to suggestions/criticism.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Some thoughts:

1 - I am perfectly fine with making NMC or NTC basically impossible to trade, I have little/no issues on that what so ever(edited)

2 - Right now goalies are by far the most important position in this league, when the top goalie gets 150 points more than mcdavid, and several goalies are in the top 10 in scoring. They need to be paid as such, IMO

3 - That being said, I think right now goalies are drastically over scored, and there needs to be a change to lower their effectiveness, In no way shape or form should a goalie have 150 more points than the best player on this earth in mcdavid. And if this is not changed, goalies need to be making 10+m or more to compensate there importance.

4 - I think right now people are way to hard on WEY, it's a thankless job, and giving him all this shit (like even I did before), is just lame. if he needs help, he should ask for it tho

5 - Power rankings are a great idea, I would make even a video on it if people want

6 - Finally, I think scoring in general just needs to be tweaked, My honest opinion atm is Goalie scoring is way to high, D-man scoring is a bit low, and forward PP scoring could go up a bit as well.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I can take a crack at writing up a 'NMC/NTC regulation for evaluating trades'. If people could post things they think should be important to a player that I may have missed earlier, please post them.

Reactions: LaVar

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
HFVHL Power Ranking Idea

I’m wondering what everyone’s take is for a HFVHL Power Ranking?

The idea of power rankings is to be used (1) as something new and fun to read throughout the season; and (2) a tool for teams and agents to use when negotiating players with clauses (NMC/NTC/M-NTC).

The first instillment of the power rankings will be to examine teams and rank them based off of:
  1. how they did in the 2017-18 HFVHL season
  2. the 2018 HFVHL Entry Draft
  3. off-season trades
  4. free agent signings
  5. prospects who may be looking to make a jump to the NHL this coming season
  6. projection on how the new will do this coming season
Once the off-season ranking is complete, I plan on doing a Top-16 Power Ranking each month throughout the season to have an up-to-date list going.

For the 1st Power Ranking, this is how I plan to approach it:

To keep things easier and more quickly, I will be making a poll every 2-3 days (based on the results, ie. a blowout victory). Everyone will be given around 10-12 teams to vote on. Teams will be asked to submit their top 3 teams (1-2-3) for each poll and will be given an “other” option in case one of their top 3 teams aren’t available to be selected via the poll options. By asking for everyones top-3 for each poll, I’m hoping to use it for any tie-breakers rather than creating a new poll and delaying the process.

Most likely for the in-season power rankings, I will ask teams to submit a list of their top-20 teams in order and average the rankings accordingly (while taking into account the off-season ranking for the FIRST in-season ranking that will be published).

Please let me know what you all think, I’m open to suggestions/criticism.
What about biased towards certain members, I think you should handle everything with no votes.

Even tho it does not effect me much in these power rankings since i know i am a bottom team, but in other situations, i know for a fact multipld people will not vote for anything that favors my team in any remote way. Imo

Last edited:

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Alright, here's a quick regulation for NMCs, NTCs, and M-NTCs. I think it's pretty thorough, but I'm sure I missed some stuff, so provide input if you have ideas.

HFVHL Trade Clause Regulation
Definitions
  • 'Hometown Team': For North American Players: the HFVHL team located in their town, province or state. If multiple teams in state, then the closest distance to their birth place as listed on HockeyDB.
    • For European Players: The HFVHL team with the most players from their country on the active roster.
  • 'Playoff Race': Teams in the Top 8 of each conference at the time, or a team outside the top 8 but within 20% of the points of the 8th place playoff team.
  • 'Acquiring Team': The team that the player with the clause is being traded to.
  • 'Bad Faith Team': These teams have managed their team in a way that upsets players. A team will be alerted if an action they are taking will hurt their standing with player. Potential actions include:
    • Excessive player movement between the AHL and NHL.
    • Sending a player with a M-NTC or NTC to the AHL.
    • Refusing to honour a NMC, NTC or M-NTC after a trade.
  • 'NHL Goaltender': Played >=30 games in the previous season or at least 40% of games in the current season.
  • 'NHL Defenseman': Played >=40 games in the previous season or at least 50% of games in the current season.
  • 'NHL Forward': Played >=40 games in the previous season or at least 50% of games in the current season.

No Movement Clause (NMC)
1. Refusal Triggers
a. First 2 Years of Contract
1. Unless NMC 2.b is true.​
b. Team in playoff race
c. More than 5 years with Franchise
d. Playing for Hometown team​
2. Acceptance Triggers
a. Player has been on LTIR for greater than one whole season.
b. Player is in last season of contract.
1. Unless NMC 1.b is true.​
c. Acquiring Team is either:
1. Hometown team,
2. A team with which the player has spent 10 previous seasons; or
3. Previous season's HFVHL Cup Champion.​

No Trade Clause (NTC)
1. Refusal Triggers
a. First Year of Contract
1. Unless NTC 2.b is true.​
b. Team in playoff race
c. More than 10 years with Franchise
2. Acceptance Triggers
1. Unless NTC 1.b is true.​
1. Hometown team; or
2. A team with which the player has spent 5 previous seasons.​

Modified NTC

1.Trade List
a. At the request of the team, a player with a M-NTC Trade List will submit a list of the # of teams provided by the clause, not including their current team.
b. The priority of those trade lists will be as follows:
1. The previous season's HFVHL Cup Champion
2. The previous season's HFVHL Cup Runner-up
3. The previous season's HFVHL President's Trophy Winner
4. The current 1st place team in each conference if in season, prioritizing inside their current conference.
5. The current 1st place team in each division if in season, prioritizing inside their current division.
6. Their Hometown Team
7. Any team they have previously spent more than 5 seasons with, prioritized by largest duration.
8. The team with the highest HFVHL scoring Goalie, Forward and Defenseman in the current season, or past season if it is off-season.
9. The remaining teams from highest HFVHL points to lowest until full list is completed.​

2. No Trade List
a. At the request of the team, a player with a M-NTC No Trade List will submit a list of the # of teams provided by the clause, not including their current team.
1. Any team that has operated in bad faith in the eyes of NHL players
2. The last place team in each conference if in season, prioritizing outside the conference. If in the off-season, then refer to the previous season's standings.
3. Any team without a NHL goaltender on their active roster or LTIR.
4. Any team with less than 4 NHL defensemen on their active roster or LTIR.
5. Any team with less than 6 NHL forwards on their active roster or LTIR.
6. The bottom 5 teams in the other conference.
7. The bottom 5 teams in their current conference.
8. The remaining teams from highest HFVHL points to lowest until full list is completed.​
c. Exceptions:
1: They will not place their hometown team on their no trade list unless M-NTC 2.b.1. is true.
2: They will not place a team they have spent greater than 5 years with on their no trade list prioritized by largest duration, unless M-NTC 2.b.1 is true.​

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Man what a beauty of a write up, very confusing tho haha

Ill let the agent memorize it

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I don't think it's thaaaaat complicated.

Let's take David Perron from my team as an example. He can submit a 6 team no trade list for his M-NTC:

Last place teams: DAL and DET
Bottom 5 teams in opposing conference: CBJ, MTL, TML, NYR. However, MTL are excluded as they are his hometown team.
Bottom 5 teams in own conference: VGK

So his 6 team list is NYR, DET, CBJ, TML, VGK, and DAL

Easy.

Some of you guys have given out some f***ed up clauses that mix NMC and M-NTC, so that would require more clarification, but I assume that would just be a M-NTC for the purposes of trading.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Re-looking it over a bunch of stuff can be removed. Teams without goalies and players are probably going to be bottom 5 anyways. It could also cause things to get weird in the off-season.

Alright, here's a quick regulation for NMCs, NTCs, and M-NTCs. I think it's pretty thorough, but I'm sure I missed some stuff, so provide input if you have ideas.

HFVHL Trade Clause Regulation
Definitions
  • 'Hometown Team': For North American Players: the HFVHL team located in their town, province or state. If multiple teams in state, then the closest distance to their birth place as listed on HockeyDB.
    • For European Players: The HFVHL team with the most players from their country on the active roster.
  • 'Playoff Race': Teams in the Top 8 of each conference at the time, or a team outside the top 8 but within 20% of the points of the 8th place playoff team.
  • 'Bad Faith Team': These teams have managed their team in a way that upsets players. A team will be alerted if an action they are taking will hurt their standing with player. Potential actions include:
    • Excessive player movement between the AHL and NHL.
    • Sending a player with a M-NTC or NTC to the AHL.
    • Refusing to honour a NMC, NTC or M-NTC after a trade.
No Movement Clause (NMC)
1. Refusal Triggers
a. First 2 Years of Contract
1. Unless NMC 2.b is true.​
b. Team in playoff race
c. More than 5 years with Franchise
2. Acceptance Triggers
1. Unless NMC 1.b is true.​
1. Hometown team,
2. A team with which the player has spent 10 previous seasons; or
3. Previous season's HFVHL Cup Champion.​

No Trade Clause (NTC)
1. Refusal Triggers
a. First Year of Contract
1. Unless NTC 2.b is true.​
b. Team in playoff race
c. More than 10 years with Franchise
2. Acceptance Triggers
1. Unless NTC 1.b is true.​
1. Hometown team,
2. A team with which the player has spent 5 previous seasons;
3. Top 4 team in conference.​

Modified NTC
1.Trade List

a. At the request of the team, a player with a M-NTC Trade List will submit a list of the # of teams provided by the clause, not including their current team.
1. The previous season's HFVHL Cup Champion
2. The previous season's HFVHL Cup Runner-up
3. The previous season's HFVHL President's Trophy Winner
4. The current 1st place team in each conference if in season, prioritizing inside their current conference.
5. The current 1st place team in each division if in season, prioritizing inside their current division.
6. Their Hometown Team
7. Any team they have previously spent more than 5 seasons with, prioritized by largest duration.
8. The team with the highest HFVHL scoring Goalie, Forward and Defenseman in the current season, or past season if it is off-season.
9. The remaining teams from highest HFVHL points to lowest until full list is completed.​
c. Exceptions:
1. If the player in question is a goalie with >50 GP or more than 60% of games in the current season, they will not include teams with another starting goalie (50GP / 60%) on their trade list.​

2. No Trade List
a. At the request of the team, a player with a M-NTC No Trade List will submit a list of the # of teams provided by the clause, not including their current team.
1. Any team that has operated in bad faith in the eyes of NHL players
2. The last place team in each conference if in season, prioritizing outside the conference. If in the off-season, then refer to the previous season's standings.
3. The bottom 5 teams in the other conference.
4. The bottom 5 teams in their current conference.
5. The remaining teams from lowest HFVHL points to highest until full list is completed.​
c. Exceptions:
1: They will not place their hometown team on their no trade list unless M-NTC 2.b.1. is true.
2: They will not place a team they have spent greater than 5 years with on their no trade list prioritized by largest duration, unless M-NTC 2.b.1 is true.​

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
I don't think it's thaaaaat complicated.

Let's take David Perron from my team as an example. He can submit a 6 team no trade list for his M-NTC:

Last place teams: DAL and DET
Bottom 5 teams in opposing conference: CBJ, MTL, TML, NYR. However, MTL are excluded as they are his hometown team.
Bottom 5 teams in own conference: VGK

So his 6 team list is NYR, DET, CBJ, TML, VGK, and DAL

Easy.

Some of you guys have given out some ****ed up clauses that mix NMC and M-NTC, so that would require more clarification, but I assume that would just be a M-NTC for the purposes of trading.
DNp_IqqXkAAynzC.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-19_9-23-22.jpeg
    upload_2018-7-19_9-23-22.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Tryamkin

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
Toronto is willing to take on 1-2 year long cap dumps, in addition to our trade block of Shattenkirk, Green, Daley, Zadorov, Nosek, Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad